Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisb01 View Post
    The View should have John Hagee on, and ask him the same question about homosexuals they asked Joel.

They'd probably have to call the fire department to get him out of there. John Hagee will not wabble on the issue.
    Is Pastor Hagee still preaching??

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
      Man condemns and seeks punishment. God shows mercy and forgives. Even to the point of dying for sinners.

It was always the religious who gave Jesus the most problems because he didn't follow their model.
      So those of us who have a problem with little to no message preachers are the religious types? Now that's just funny, you may as well toss out most of the new testament by that measure.
      There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• you don't have to be religious to know that joel is "preaching" a non-message

how do you think he got on that show in the first place?

Comment

• To Chuck and Brinkley,

I challenge you to post a video or article where Joel Osteen provides the reader or viewer with sufficient information to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I'll be waiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Taylorz View Post
            I have read of his handouts/magazines, and Jesus is mentioned quite a lot....
            No Jesus is not mentioned hardly ever. I have watched the program, and I have yet to see hear him say that you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior to get to heaven. No, he is too concerned with preaching health and wealth.

Comment

• Here ya go. If this is not good enough for a salvation call then I would say the debate is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GD9xFn2CHk

Comment

Right Chuck. At least he's out there doing his best. He seems to offer a lot of encouragement which is needed these days. He's not "in you face" as some would like, but rather he is gently nudging others to discover God's best for their life.
                Did you happen to read the interview....????? He is not preaching salvation at all! He is a motivational speaker pretending to be a preacher for goodness sakes!

He is a great motivational speaker and I have no problem with him having a career in this area, but he is leading people astray.

Do you not know prophecy? How about this verse:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
                Joel Osteen is deceiving people into believing they are Christians without ever coming to salvation.

Comment

Here ya go. If this is not good enough for a salvation call then I would say the debate is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GD9xFn2CHk
                  And why couldn't he do that on The View? That would have better than the tepid response we saw there.

That was quite "fire and brimstone" by his standards. At least he mostly covered the how.

Comment

• The challenge was laid down and I responded. Why pile on this man of God? Pray for him to have boldness. Joel mentioned Jesus several times, mentioned Lord, mentioned repentance and mentioned the blood.

That is a Godly invitation to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Comment

• Originally posted by carolina_guy View Post
                      To Chuck and Brinkley,

I challenge you to post a video or article where Joel Osteen provides the reader or viewer with sufficient information to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

I'll be waiting...

i present me!

hopefully this post does not get deleted

Comment

The challenge was laid down and I responded. Why pile on this man of God? Pray for him to have boldness. Joel mentioned Jesus several times, mentioned Lord, mentioned repentance and mentioned the blood.

And then he does that, in the same church. That's victory? To have stuff and all the earthly stuff.

The second is worse than The View. This is not the Gospel, he has blood on his hands, and will give account for this.

Which joel to believe?

Comment

The challenge was laid down and I responded. Why pile on this man of God? Pray for him to have boldness. Joel mentioned Jesus several times, mentioned Lord, mentioned repentance and mentioned the blood.

Yes, he did, and it was on Easter. How about a normal program, that wasn't on Christianity's most holy day?

Comment

• Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                            And why couldn't he do that on The View? That would have better than the tepid response we saw there.

That was quite "fire and brimstone" by his standards. At least he mostly covered the how.
                            Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                            And then he does that, in the same church. That's victory? To have stuff and all the earthly stuff.

The second is worse than The View. This is not the Gospel, he has blood on his hands, and will give account for this.

Which joel to believe?
                            Originally posted by Gideon300 View Post
                            Yes, he did, and it was on Easter. How about a normal program, that wasn't on Christianity's most holy day?

Comment

• I have friends that go to Lakewood, and they think this guy in the video and myself are extremists. Watch the video below, this guy is preaching outside Lakewood, and the people just don't get it...

Comment

• Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Comment

Working...
                                X