Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a person make a pact with the devil?

Default Can a person make a pact with the devil?

I searched for this question, did not see anything. Mods Please move it need be.

Does anyone know if this can be done? If so, would a person be able to be saved if they changed their mind and wanted to "switch sides".

Does anyone know if there is any thing biblical to this?

Thanks

Phillip_19 Guest

Deals with the Devil are a farce... if you aren't saved then you are a child of the Devil, and thus belong to him (John 8:42-47). And if you aren't saved in the first place, then yes, you can repent and be saved. If you are, then I believe you can repent and be saved.

Why would you even begin to want to do that, especially when you know God? Are you thinking of doing that? Is someone else doing it? Or were you asking out of curiosity?

Interestingly enough, I have a Chick Tract that is about it, called "It's A Deal". Here is the link for it so you can read it: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1109/1109_01.asp

And one more called "The Contract": http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0078/0078_01.asp

Thumbs up In agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip_19 View Post
    Deals with the Devil are a farce... if you aren't saved then you are a child of the Devil, and thus belong to him (John 8:42-47). And if you aren't saved in the first place, then yes, you can repent and be saved. If you are, then I believe you can repent and be saved.

Why would you even begin to want to do that, especially when you know God? Are you thinking of doing that? Is someone else doing it? Or were you asking out of curiosity?

Interestingly enough, I have a Chick Tract that is about it, called "It's A Deal". Here is the link for it so you can read it: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1109/1109_01.asp

And one more called "The Contract": http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0078/0078_01.asp
    I agree with the above we are not saved until we accept Jesus. This is why we have to be born again. The only unpardonable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. A person can't go to heaven unless he/she is saved which means they accepted the gift of grace. I hope you understand. Janice

You can't make a pact with the devil. He never keeps any sort of covenant. Only Jesus is faithful. Man has never been truly committed to anything except sin. Proverbs warns against shaking hands in a pledge with strangers. The devil is a stranger and a sinister one, booted from heaven for his horrid blasphemies and pride. Anyone foolish enough to entrust anything to such desperate evil is one who hates their own soul.
    One Day Closer

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Allright Phillip! I was going to recommend that Chick tract - The Contract - too.

The devil doesn't need to make deals with what is already his. But even that possession is temporary, in the lake of fire, satan will have nothing but torment!

Does satan "bless" his servants? I suspect only when it is profitable for him to do so.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Quote Originally Posted by Jnett View Post
    I searched for this question, did not see anything. Mods Please move it need be.

Does anyone know if this can be done? If so, would a person be able to be saved if they changed their mind and wanted to "switch sides".

Thanks
    Re: the underlined - yes, a thousand times YES! Absolutely, if a person repents/changes their mind, the Lord will save them and cleanse them.

So many Biblical passages to back this up, but here's one that we can stand on -

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will be no means cast out." John 6:37 Amen! God cannot lie.

satan cannot tell the truth. Sometimes people who have been involved with occultic practices will think, "It's too late for me, I'm doomed..." but that's another lie.

It's never too late to repent and turn to the Lord. If someone feels the urge to fall at the feet of Jesus for repentance and mercy, the Father drew them. And if they come to Jesus, He will rescue them and never lose them. He is infinitely strong.

The enemy is a paper tiger. And a liar and the father of lies.

I thought of this question because I heard some details about John Lennon and how he may have made a pact with the devil. It is all just talk and speculation, but I heard about it and thought the best place to get my answers was here.

Larry Norman was friends with Lennon & said that the last few weeks before he was shot, John was attending a Bible study, he couldn't say if John got saved or not.
    Only visiting this planet...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbala View Post
    ... Mohomed comes to mind.
    Do you mean Mohomed switched from Christianity to Islam????

You can't mean that Mohomed went from Islam to Christianity . . .
    The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

frankly forgiven Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelew View Post
    Larry Norman was friends with Lennon & said that the last few weeks before he was shot, John was attending a Bible study, he couldn't say if John got saved or not.
    WOW. Wouldn't that be something...

Cross Till You Take Your Last Breath

Quote Originally Posted by frankly forgiven View Post
    WOW. Wouldn't that be something...
    It is not too late for anyone to be saved until they take their last breath. People who are not saved should not wait. This day could be their last no one knows when our time on earth is finished. It is appointed a man/woman to die and after this the judgment. Please get saved and the only judgment you will receive as a Christian is based on your good deeds, and that determines your rewards. The people who are not saved will spend eternity in hell. That is why it is so important to be sure of your salvation. The only way you can do this is by accepting Jesus into your heart. He died for past, present, & future sins. Love, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by Jnett View Post

Thanks
    Be careful of what deals you make with the Lord of Lies, or lest he come to collect your soul as payment.

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

truthwarrior Guest

Remember the temptations that Christ received from Satan- of course Christ is perfect and pure and GOD, so He did not fall to Satans offers, but we are all tempted like Christ and fall. Thankfully, those who have Christs' forgiveness know that they are protected and in His Hand, but those who are un-believers can take Satans offers of power, money, false love, fame and etc...Anyone who does so makes a pact with Satan- it is only when the power of Christ intervenes and saves the soul from eternal damnation.

raptureshoes Guest

I have read stories of people who say they actually made a verbal deal with the devil and that once they did, their luck started to change for the better. I guess it is basically praying to the devil. However, salvation is possible as long as a body breathes air. Once the body no longer needs to breathe this air, all hope is lost.

TomSki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelew View Post
    The Lyrics to "Serve Yourself" tell how Lennon felt about his brush with Christianity. It was written in a book recently that he did have some kind of Christian "conversion" but it only lasted a year and did not last long enough to be a part of his life near the time of his death. His good friend, Pete Shotton, wrote a book about Lennon and said that the last time he saw Lennon alive, John Lennon was practicing the occult.

candlelight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by raptureshoes View Post
    I have read stories of people who say they actually made a verbal deal with the devil and that once they did, their luck started to change for the better. I guess it is basically praying to the devil. However, salvation is possible as long as a body breathes air. Once the body no longer needs to breathe this air, all hope is lost.
    That is a prime example of Saten being the Father of lies. Of course he will do that, as he is the one that encourages materialism and hedonism. A crafty way to take our eyes off Jesus using the lusts of the World.

Salvation in Christ breaks any previous deals, sins, or "covenants".

So, how would you make a "deal" anyway????? Make an appointment with mr. beelzebub or one of his designated agents and sign a contract? As if he would keep his part of the bargain anyway??????

"But I say unto you, that one greater than the temple is here".
    Matthew 12:6 (ASV)

"...and behold, a greater than Jonah is here."
    Luke 11:32 (ASV)

"...and behold, a greater than Solomon is here."
    Luke 11:31 (ASV)

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Re: the underlined - yes, a thousand times YES! Absolutely, if a person repents/changes their mind, the Lord will save them and cleanse them.

So many Biblical passages to back this up, but here's one that we can stand on -

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will be no means cast out." John 6:37 Amen! God cannot lie.

satan cannot tell the truth. Sometimes people who have been involved with occultic practices will think, "It's too late for me, I'm doomed..." but that's another lie.

It's never too late to repent and turn to the Lord. If someone feels the urge to fall at the feet of Jesus for repentance and mercy, the Father drew them. And if they come to Jesus, He will rescue them and never lose them. He is infinitely strong.

ain't that the truth beware however the person that repents and turns to Jesus will get the mother of all spiritual attack,satan is a major huge sore loser.
    In God I Trust

If the devil did make a "pact" I agree he could not keep it, but I think a human may be able to "sort of make" a deal with the devil..... how do people get so involved with the occult? or witchcraft? are they not dealing with demons? maybe a person thinks they are making a deal with the devil, but it is a demon instead.

I think those forces are very real and if a human came calling for the help of the devil then the devil would gladly oblige, even if he could only do it through a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post

Thanks! Nice answer.

The above you stated makes total sense.