Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the bible predict airplanes?

Question Does the bible predict airplanes?

Years ago when i first became a Christian, i remember somebody saying something regarding a verse in the bible that sounds like its describing future airplanes. I have never heard about it since.
    Anyone know what verse that might be?

novembergirl Guest

I just remember reading about locusts. I think that has to do with helicoptors during Armagedon (misspelled?)

savedatlast Guest

There is a verse in the old Test. in prophecy that some interperrt as a plane I have been sitting here trying to find it and can't. It's either Exek. or Zack.

jellodirt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TwinklingOfanEye View Post
    Years ago when i first became a Christian, i remember somebody saying something regarding a verse in the bible that sounds like its describing future airplanes. I have never heard about it since.
    Anyone know what verse that might be?
    I downloaded a sermon last week that talked about Revelation 9:7-10, the speaker thought the description sounded like a pilot sitting in a fighter jet. Not sure if this is what you're thinking of but here it is;

Revelation 9:7-10 (NIV)

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.

8 Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.

9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.

10 They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.

I believe it is a vision that Ezekiel had. I will try to find it. I didn't find it so will be quiet and learn.

This doesn't really answer your question, specifically, but Chuck Missler has an interesting video clip about "Technology Statements in Scripture"... and there is a part in the following clip where he shows that Jeremiah 50:9 is talking about "smart weapons."

The verse says, "... their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain."

It's very interesting. It is between the 4:00 and 6:00 minute marks (though the whole clip is interesting, as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIukU...layer_embedded

Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    I believe it is a vision that Ezekiel had. I will try to find it. I didn't find it so will be quiet and learn.
    Ezekiel 1
    He was referring to cherubim which he later explains in chapter 10.
    A lot of people say it's a plane, but scripture interprets itself.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Not to derail the thread, but was just wondering today if the Bible predicts the INTERNET!

But I think I know what verse you are referring to, that being, what I thought people were saying was that the Bible was referring to UFO's.

This is what I found:

Psalm 68:13 - Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.

I read that Daniel, chapter 8 says something about airplanes, but I read it and couldn't find anything... But I was just skimming over it.

Hope that helps!

My testimony can be found here, post #227:
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=105938&page=12

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

Tres Wright Guest

People go to great lengths to read things into Scripture that just aren't there. Planes, cars, computers, cel phones; all of these things are what man considers important. God has no use for such primitive items. After the resurrection Christ could move through solid objects and was taken up to Heaven with no fossil-fuel burning device required God can communicate directly to anyone at any time he chooses without having to pick up a phone and dial. He knows everything and has instant recall, His mind would shame all the computing power on Earth combined. Once we're in Heaven I'm sure we'll have a good laugh over what we thought was important on earth

This is true Tres, but it's still fun to look! Fun to search and always pour over God's word.

Hard to imagine the internet as "primitive"!

But again, it most likely IS to the Lord!

My testimony can be found here, post #227:
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=105938&page=12

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

00.7 Guest

Not to derail the thread either, but there is a verse in Nahum 2:4 that looks quite interesting.

Not that its relevant to planes, but could it be about vehicles in general, as it says chariots shall rage in the streets and justle against one another and shall seem like torches and run like lightning.

Seems very interesting that the Bible mentions that as we see reckless drivers speeding like crazy racing with one another and their headlights look like torches.

HumbleServant Guest

it says chariots shall rage in the streets

I'm guessing "Chariot Rage" might be a precursor to "road rage"? Does it say anything about woman drivers? hehe

Just kidding ladies!!!

savedatlast Guest

I have been studying and looking but can't find the verse so I'm thinking I must have read it somewhere else meaning it probably was not in the Bible.

Yay! I Agree Tres

Quote Originally Posted by Tres Wright View Post
    People go to great lengths to read things into Scripture that just aren't there. Planes, cars, computers, cel phones; all of these things are what man considers important. God has no use for such primitive items. After the resurrection Christ could move through solid objects and was taken up to Heaven with no fossil-fuel burning device required God can communicate directly to anyone at any time he chooses without having to pick up a phone and dial. He knows everything and has instant recall, His mind would shame all the computing power on Earth combined. Once we're in Heaven I'm sure we'll have a good laugh over what we thought was important on earth
    Just think we won't need all the transportation means that we have here. I personally am glad no more high prices of gas, and also stinky car diesels & buses. No more pollution. I am looking forward to my new glorious heavenly body how about you all? Janice

HumbleServant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by savedatlast View Post
    I have been studying and looking but can't find the verse so I'm thinking I must have read it somewhere else meaning it probably was not in the Bible.

I've read the one about cars/chariots mentioned above, but I don't recall any that may have been about planes.

Well, here's a thought for not for reading something into Scripture, but noting what Scripture has to say and then seeing the capability found in modern technology.

I refer to the passage in Revelation 11 concerning the Two Witnesses (TW for short). They minister to Israel during the first half of the Tribulation, right up to the time when the Antichrist goes into the temple of God to commit the Abomination of Desolation (AOD). After declaring himself God, he goes out to make war on any representation of God that does not submit to him. His first target is God's TW. Up to this point, God had granted the TW to slay anyone that would harm them by a fire that comes out of their mouths.

Rev 11:5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

However, since the ministry of the TW is for 1260 days only (ie the time span from day 1 of the Trib until the AOD), their ministry time expires.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Since they are finished in their ministry by the time of the AOD, God allows the AC to slay them.

Rev 11:7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

The passage I have been leading up to is this:

Rev 11:9 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves.

Scoffers actually tried to use to use that passage to prove the Bible was not true, because in the days of steamships, it would have taken weeks to transport people (assuming they could afford such a trip) from America to the Middle East. It was a sheer physical impossibility to allow the entire world to see those bodies laying in the streets of Jerusalem within a time span of only 3-1/2 days.

Not any more. Starting with technological advancements put into place starting with CNN's coverage of Operation Desert Storm in the 80's, and then coming up to the present day with satellite television and live cameras linked up to the Internet, we can now see such an event, fully live as it happens.

Israel

I believe I have also read a verse in the bible that depicts flying, but below is all I could come up with this time.

Isaiah
    31:5 - As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.
    Zechariah (2 verses)
    5:1 - Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.
    5:2 - And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.
    1 John 4 : 4
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

HeReigns4Ever Guest

Preach

Quote Originally Posted by sirgak View Post
    Well, here's a thought for not for reading something into Scripture, but noting what Scripture has to say and then seeing the capability found in modern technology.

I refer to the passage in Revelation 11 concerning the Two Witnesses (TW for short). They minister to Israel during the first half of the Tribulation, right up to the time when the Antichrist goes into the temple of God to commit the Abomination of Desolation (AOD). After declaring himself God, he goes out to make war on any representation of God that does not submit to him. His first target is God's TW. Up to this point, God had granted the TW to slay anyone that would harm them by a fire that comes out of their mouths.

Rev 11:5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

However, since the ministry of the TW is for 1260 days only (ie the time span from day 1 of the Trib until the AOD), their ministry time expires.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.

Since they are finished in their ministry by the time of the AOD, God allows the AC to slay them.

Rev 11:7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

The passage I have been leading up to is this:

Rev 11:9 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves.

Scoffers actually tried to use to use that passage to prove the Bible was not true, because in the days of steamships, it would have taken weeks to transport people (assuming they could afford such a trip) from America to the Middle East. It was a sheer physical impossibility to allow the entire world to see those bodies laying in the streets of Jerusalem within a time span of only 3-1/2 days.

Not any more. Starting with technological advancements put into place starting with CNN's coverage of Operation Desert Storm in the 80's, and then coming up to the present day with satellite television and live cameras linked up to the Internet, we can now see such an event, fully live as it happens.

I agree!

I made this just now with pictures from Google Images. (I had the same picture before but I must've deleted it so I made it again. )

Quote Originally Posted by 00.7 View Post
    Not to derail the thread either, but there is a verse in Nahum 2:4 that looks quite interesting.

Not that its relevant to planes, but could it be about vehicles in general, as it says chariots shall rage in the streets and justle against one another and shall seem like torches and run like lightning.

Seems very interesting that the Bible mentions that as we see reckless drivers speeding like crazy racing with one another and their headlights look like torches.