Thread: List of Purpose driven churches in america

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default List of Purpose driven churches in america

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Truthlover Guest

Oh, well, that's nice....just about listed all of the churches near me. I'm gonna go cry now. Sheesh.....

rrrrrpitch Guest

If your church is on this list then your church is associated with RW and his Purpose Driven nightmare. That means that your leaders endorse this. If you follow your church leaders then you also are affiliated and you also endorse this through your fellowship under their leadership.

Ask yourself... why do I go to a RW Purpose Driven affiliated church? Is it because I am just following the crowd? Why do my leaders affiliate themselves with this? Are we really following God's Word? Is the gospel message of sin, repentance, and salvation through belief in the resurrection of Christ alone and His eventual return being communicated to the unsaved at my church? Is the life saving message of the gospel just represented as a really good belief statement that is located on my church's website that people usually don't read anyway?

rrrrrpitch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rrrrrpitch View Post
    If your church is on this list then your church is associated with RW and his Purpose Driven nightmare. That means that your leaders endorse this. If you follow your church leaders then you also are affiliated and you also endorse this through your fellowship under their leadership.

Ask yourself... why do I go to a RW Purpose Driven affiliated church? Is it because I am just following the crowd? Why do my leaders affiliate themselves with this? Are we really following God's Word? Is the gospel message of sin, repentance, and salvation through belief in the resurrection of Christ alone and His eventual return being communicated to the unsaved at my church? Is the life saving message of the gospel just represented as a really good belief statement that is located on my church's website that people usually don't read anyway?
    I just cut, pasted and slightly edited a post that I made on a different thread to make this one...

mjsmith1223 Guest

Whew... Our church is not on the list. The ones in my area that are tend to be the usual suspects.

OK my church made the list. However, I would not classify it as a purpose driven church (PDC). To the contrary, I have heard our pastor and several elders publicaly denounce the teachings of RW, Osteen, etc...you know the type...for their teachings, especially when they don't teach repentance or fail to mention Hell, sin or anything negative that would turn people off. In fact, my Sunday School Class...taught by an elder...recently completed a 6 week session on Hell...which is seldom if ever mentioned from PDCs. Maybe this is a PR website to advertise churches with the PDC tag attached to it??? A couple other churches in my area that made the list would not be considered PDCs either. I will most certainly speak with the pastor about our appearance on this list.

republic74 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jsrr View Post
    OK my church made the list. However, I would not classify it as a purpose driven church (PDC). To the contrary, I have heard our pastor and several elders publicaly denounce the teachings of RW, Osteen, etc...you know the type...for their teachings, especially when they don't teach repentance or fail to mention Hell, sin or anything negative that would turn people off. In fact, my Sunday School Class...taught by an elder...recently completed a 6 week session on Hell...which is seldom if ever mentioned from PDCs. Maybe this is a PR website to advertise churches with the PDC tag attached to it??? A couple other churches in my area that made the list would not be considered PDCs either. I will most certainly speak with the pastor about our appearance on this list.
    Yeah, my church is on this list but every Sunday they are talking about our Sin. I will have to ask my Sunday School teacher about this because he is one of the pastors. I know for certain he sticks to the bible because we have discussed this. I will be on the watch out though just in case.

I think Willow Creek added a disclaimer to their search site. How can they claim they have an orthodox understanding of Christianity? I thought orthodox meant a conservative view of doctrine.

WalkTheLine Guest

I can appreciate the effort on the part of brothers to warn people of questionable if not heretical doctrine. I do think that lumping all the Churches on this list into a apostate pool is making a mountain over a mole hill. I checked the list for Churches in my area. Of the 26 within 5 miles I would consider 2 to be edgy at most.

When the PDC first came out it started as an idea with good intent. I believe that it has been overblown and too much of the gospel has been left on the side while trying to reach out to the lost community. The purpose of the Church got kind all mixed up. Many of the Churches listed on this site simply requested the material and by that they ended up on the list.

I would say don't let a list scare you away from checking into a Church in your area. Test the doctrine and beliefs of the Pastors and then decide if the Church is following the purpose of making disciples of all men.

EVERY church I could think of in my area is ON this list...This was really popular a while back and maybe they just slapped their names on there to be a part of the flow. WRONG, I know, but typical .....

Final Trumpet Guest

Interesting that the listings show many different denominations under the PDL banner. Just more prep for the One World Religion...

I did a search in my zip code and the Salvation Army came up. What's up with that? They're about the last folks I thought would subscribe to this Purpose Driven nonsense.
    I'll be gone when the trumpet sounds,
    Ain't nothing gonna hold me down!
    - Decemberadio, "Believer"

WalkTheLine Guest

Looks like anybody that has done any 40 days of this or that is on the list.

i dont think its as accurate as you think, if a church purchases any PDL material from them directly---even if its just for research--they stick your church in the database---some churches also might have participated when the program first came out--but the church had since been taken over by another pastor that DO not promote PDL-- not all churches listed on the PDl website are shown to have participated in the 40 day programs---I think the pastors of the churches that do not participate better check the list and contact saddleback and demand to be removed.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by FreeWater View Post
    some churches also might have participated when the program first came out--

but the church had since been taken over by another pastor that DO not promote PDL--

not all churches listed on the PDl website are shown to have participated in the 40 day programs

---I think the pastors of the churches that do not participate better check the list and contact saddleback and demand to be removed.

:

if your church is listed and your church has distanced yourself from Warren

or renounced the Warren and PDL agenda completly

you should contact Saddleback and have your church removed from the list
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

rrrrrpitch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
    :

if your church is listed and your church has distanced yourself from Warren

or renounced the Warren and PDL agenda completly

you should contact Saddleback and have your church removed from the list

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3:5;&version=9

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...:14;&version=9

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...-11;&version=9

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9:2;&version=9

Quote Originally Posted by FreeWater View Post
    i dont think its as accurate as you think, if a church purchases any PDL material from them directly---even if its just for research--they stick your church in the database---some churches also might have participated when the program first came out--but the church had since been taken over by another pastor that DO not promote PDL-- not all churches listed on the PDl website are shown to have participated in the 40 day programs---I think the pastors of the churches that do not participate better check the list and contact saddleback and demand to be removed.
    I attend a Calvary Chapel and was shocked to see my church on that list. My pastor speaks against people like RW and his agenda to water down Christianity. I totally agree with your post. Whew! I think my pastor should know about this list. Thanks for the post!
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:17

elpnvn Guest

I am so thankful to RR and all of y'all that post in the apostasy section! I would have never known to be on the lookout for WC and I would probably still be at my old church, which I now see is also on the PDL list. Thankfully the new one I found isn't WC or PDL and I like it SO much more than my old one

I put in my zip code and got 10 pages of churches listed in our area.

One interesting thing I noted in reviewing the names is that there was at least one Roman Catholic Church on the list.

Musclecar1975 Guest

Wow! There's a bazillion of them in California. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised....