Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack & Rexella Van Impe

PPLGetReady Guest

Ok, I've been moved. I'm sorry, I didn't know Jack Van Impe was considered 'apostasy'. Will someone discuss that with me further? I often wonder about some of the statements he makes and on a good night I try to write down every reference he makes. To be honest when I look up the references sometimes I can't figure out how they relate to end times. Is it the view of this board that he is preaching apostasy?

PPLGetReady Guest

Thanks bible nugget lady. I did wonder about the moon thing because I know they occur during an eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by PPLGetReady View Post
    Did anyone watch Jack Van Impe last night? He made a couple of interesting statements, one was that the moon is going to blood red and he used an astronomy term for it. Also that the earth or sun was going to pass through the milky way? Or some such thing. I was just wondering if anyone knows what he was talking about and if it is verifiable?
    He also says the rapture is going to happen in Dec of 2012.
    He may know a lot of verses by memory, but he lost my attention after predicting the rapture.
    Guess he forgot Matthew 24:36
    Proverbs 3:5-6

heart_changed99 Guest

I still watch him from time to time, but I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

yogi3939 Guest

At one time he was a respected theologian. But, among other things, he became a Catholic appologist. He also developed some strange and scripturally unsupportable ideas about the end times.

I am not up on his current teachings since I lost all interest in him years ago when he started wandering away from common sense and biblical accuracy.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

I agree Jack Van Impe has gotten to close to the Catholic Church, but these verses do seem to support what he says about the moon

seekingtruth1 Guest

The hairdo's bug me....Rexella and Jack have preacher hair....and im always dubiosu when I see that.....

Quote Originally Posted by yogi3939 View Post
    At one time he was a respected theologian. But, among other things, he became a Catholic appologist. He also developed some strange and scripturally unsupportable ideas about the end times.

I am not up on his current teachings since I lost all interest in him years ago when he started wandering away from common sense and biblical accuracy.

yogi3939 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

I agree Jack Van Impe has gotten to close to the Catholic Church, but these verses do seem to support what he says about the moon
    The problem here is that your verses show two distinct things happening.

1 - The sun shall be turned into darkness

2 - And the moon into blood

The moon becoming blood red by itself without the sun darkening is just a lunar eclipse and these happen with a good deal of regularity.

There are, however, several things that could darken the sun AND turn the moon red at the same time. A supervolcano eruption that blocks the sunlight and makes the moon look red could do it. So could an asteroid strike or a nuclear war. It could also be something we don't even understand yet and won't until it happens.

But the key here is that both the sun darkening AND the moon turning red have to happen at the same time to fulfill that biblical prophecy.

roberto49 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seekingtruth1 View Post
    The hairdo's bug me....Rexella and Jack have preacher hair....and im always dubiosu when I see that.....

Quote Originally Posted by seekingtruth1 View Post

A Berean Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post

These verses in context refer to the time during the great tribulation. We are not there yet . And I do not plan to be here when these things happen .

seekingtruth1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roberto49 View Post
    Yah sure Roberto - ur just laffin at my jokes NOW b/c you feel guilty for insulting my superior typing

since you love them:

teh teh teh

Quote Originally Posted by yogi3939 View Post

This is why I do not watch him any more either. I specifically do not like how he speaks of other prophecies not found in the Bible. For example - he will often say Nostradamus said this or ancient mayans said this, about the future.
    I like it from the Bible and only the Bible.
    Last edited by Timothy Long; February 27th, 2008 at 11:25 PM.
    Submit to God James 4:7 ...then He will lead you to resist evil.

Glory in print Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PPLGetReady View Post
    Ok, I've been moved. I'm sorry, I didn't know Jack Van Impe was considered 'apostasy'. Will someone discuss that with me further? I often wonder about some of the statements he makes and on a good night I try to write down every reference he makes. To be honest when I look up the references sometimes I can't figure out how they relate to end times. Is it the view of this board that he is preaching apostasy?
    I don't think that Jack van impe is considered as an apostate (an apostate is someone who preaches a false gospel, denies the physical resurection of Christ, denies the virgin birth, denies that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, etc. etc.)...He preaches a true biblical gospel, he preaches salvation through Christ alone, he knows bible prophecy real well, and can remember bible verses like a machine....I respectively disagree with anyone who would call him an apostate, but I also disagree with Jack on things as well...I do feel that he lets the false teachings of the roman catholic church slip by without mention...He claims that in the past he use to verbally attack roman catholics , and God convicted him for doing it, so now he doesent do it anymore....I think he has quoted nosterdomas on his show (who was a false prophet) I think he is so exited about the Lords return that he ties it in with some things he should not (like saying 2012 something big is going to happen) who knows something might, but we do not know...Even though I disagree with him on those few things I still love the man, and believe he is a great man of God, and I still watch him on occassion...

yogi3939 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Glory in print View Post
    I don't think that Jack van impe is considered as an apostate (an apostate is someone who preaches a false gospel, denies the physical resurection of Christ, denies the virgin birth, denies that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, etc. etc.)...He preaches a true biblical gospel, he preaches salvation through Christ alone, he knows bible prophecy real well, and can remember bible verses like a machine....I respectively disagree with anyone who would call him an apostate, but I also disagree with Jack on things as well...I do feel that he lets the false teachings of the roman catholic church slip by without mention...He claims that in the past he use to verbally attack roman catholics , and God convicted him for doing it, so now he doesent do it anymore....I think he has quoted nosterdomas on his show (who was a false prophet) I think he is so exited about the Lords return that he ties it in with some things he should not (like saying 2012 something big is going to happen) who knows something might, but we do not know...Even though I disagree with him on those few things I still love the man, and believe he is a great man of God, and I still watch him on occassion...
    Interesting - You say he is not an apostate yet follow up with things that show he is an apostate. Even though the "modern" term for it is ecumicalism the blending of false teachings with the truth of God is still apostasy.

Wiscane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harvest View Post
    He also says the rapture is going to happen in Dec of 2012.
    He may know a lot of verses by memory, but he lost my attention after predicting the rapture.
    Guess he forgot Matthew 24:36
    Hmmm
    I don't remember him saying the rapture was going to happen Dec 2012.
    I thought he said "something big" was to happen during Dec.2012.

This is my first post and i must respond to this. I've watched Jack Van Impe for probally 20 years and he has never set a date for the Rapture and never would. He was just pointing out that the Mayans calender only goes until December 2012. I personally do not have a bad thing to say about Mr. Van Impe. I believe Jack and Rexella are dear people that love the lord and I stand behind them.

I wasn't saying that this was going to happen tomorrow, just saying that one day it will happen. Sorry I was not clear on that.

Berean Girl Guest

Default Please inform yourselves

JVI is apostate, period.

From Deception in the Church:

Ecumenism & Interfaith(2)
    Jack & Rexella Van Impe - Views by Bob Hunter, The Contenders, 2000 A number of Van Impe's views on such subjects as: Y2K, and Anti-Christ and ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/ecumenism.htm

impe
    Jack & Rexella Van Impe. What a pair! This show proves that Bible memorization is not the ... Jack Van Impe purportedly has memorized the whole Bible. ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/impe.html

Articles... of the NAR and it's leadership of C. Peter Wagner, Cindy Jacobs, Chuck Peirce, Dutch Sheets, Bill Hamon, Jack Deere and others. .... Jack van Impe ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/page3.html

Personalized Research
    Jack van Impe. End Times Apostasy. False Prophets, Unbiblical Teachers, etc. Reinhard Bonnke. William Branham. Paul Cain. Tony Campolo ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/personalized.html

POPE ENTRUSTS WHOLE CHURCH TO MARY
    This is the same pope who has been praised by evangelical leaders such as Billy Graham, Jack Van Impe, Bill Bright, and Chuck Colson. ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/popemary2.html - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

EVANGELICAL LEADERS PARTICIPATE IN PAPAL MASS
    Behold Billy Graham, Chuck Colson, Bill Bright, Jack Van Impe, James Robison, Pat Robertson, and a myriad of other so-called evangelical leaders who have ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/papal.html

False Prophets & Teachers
    Jack Hayford of the Church of the Way in Van Nuys, California, is the founding pastor. Two of his congregation just happen to be Paul and Jan Crouch of TBN ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/fprophets.html

JBC Questions Page c) · Jack & Rexela Van Impe
    ... This preacher said: "[Jesus] is greater than Bud Lite, greater than Jack Daniels, greater than Wild Turkey, greater than ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/door1q.htm

JBC Questions Page 4.
    Who claims U.N troops are currently hiding out in U.S. national parks? a) · Pat Robertson · b) · Gene Scott · c) · Jack & Rexela Van Impe ...
    www.deceptioninthechurch.com/door2q.htm

From Jacob Prasch Moriel Ministries:

End Times Catholic Misfits - Moriel Ministries
    The Misfits’ favorite TV show is Jack Van Impe Presents, a program that caters to their strange hodgepodge of beliefs. Van Impe receives much of his support ...
    http://www.moriel.org/articles/disce...ic_misfits.htm

The Great Apostasy - Moriel Ministries
    Also on another Praise-the-Lord program Matthew took aim at prophecy teacher Jack Van Impe for using a fear of prophetic speculation to get people to buy ...
    http://www.moriel.org/articles/disce...t_apostasy.htm

Brother Andrew and Light Force - Moriel Ministries
    I have experienced this with Jack Van Impe, and Billy Graham with their ecumenism, John Hagee and his dual covenant heresy, and now even Brother Andrew. ...
    http://www.moriel.org/articles/notic...ight_force.htm

Important Information for Dr. Charles Stanley - Moriel Ministries...
    Ted Haggard, Kenneth Copeland, Cindy Jacobs, Keith Butler, Charles Stanley , Tommy Tenney, Jack Van Impe, Judy Jacobs, Eddie and Alice Smith, ...
    http://www.moriel.org/articles/disce...es_stanley.htm

Pentecostal and Charismatic-Is There or Was There Any Difference
    ...Preacher Jack Van Impe, who stems solidly from the fundamentalist camp appears to have become as heterodox in some of his beliefs as even the most extreme ...
    http://www.moriel.org/articles/disce...harismatic.htm

Welcome to Moriel Ministries - Discernment
    Personality Temperament Divination Alive & Well in the Church; Eastern Mysticism in Evangelicalism MP3; Jack Van Impe Now Relying On Inca Calendar ...
    www.moriel.org/discern/various_interests.htm

What About Peter Ruckman? - Moriel Ministries
    ... tin-horned punks," "incredible idiots," "egotistical jack legs," ... Lindsey, Kirban, Rockwood, Webber, and Van Impe ... plus the Puritans, Reformers, ...
    http://www.moriel.org/articles/disce...er_ruckman.htm

From Dave Hunt The Berean Call:

Y2K and Bible Prophecy | thebereancall.org
    5 Jack Van Impe has advised his TV viewers not to fly at that time. Like Van Impe, many noted Christian writers and speakers are sounding Y2K alarms. ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/5812

Evangelical Mysticism? | thebereancall.org
    Others followed, including Bill Bright, Pat Robertson, JI Packer, Timothy George, Robert Schuller, Hank Hanegraaff, Benny Hinn, and Jack Van Impe. ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/6433

Evangelicals & Catholics: The Next Generation? | thebereancall.org
    ... Luis Palau, Robert Schuller, Hank Hanegraaff, Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, Elisabeth Elliot, Paul and Jan Crouch, Jack Hayford, Jack Van Impe, ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/5204

June 2001 Newsletter: Why Evangelize Roman Catholics
    ...... Bill Bright, Chuck Colson, Robert Schuller, Hank Hanegraaff, Paul Crouch, Jack Van Impe, Pat Robertson, Bill McCartney, and many more) promote the idea ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/5692

The "Evangelical" Seduction | thebereancall.org
    I'd pay double for Hank Hanegraaff, Jack Van Impe, Chuck Colson, Norm Geisler and the many other evangelicals presently fueling the ecumenical affair with ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/5829

Heeding the Berean Call | thebereancall.org
    Prophecy expert Jack Van Impe repeatedly praises the Pope on TV and quotes "Our Lady of Fatima" favorably. The apparition at Fatima (surely not Mary! ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/5882

A Call To Repentance | thebereancall.org
    5 Jack Van Impe hailed the Pope as a staunch defender of the faith and calls the Catechism of the Catholic Church biblical. Billy Graham has praised Bishop ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/2430

Earnestly Contend | thebereancall.org
    Jack Van Impe has hailed the Pope as a staunch Christian and defender of the faith. J.I. Packer, a signatory to ECT, called John Paul II “a fine Christian ...
    www.thebereancall.org/node/2565

From Let Us Reason:

The Gospel of Unity
    Jack Van Impe, B. Hinn, P. Crouch, and numerous others endorse the Pope. Many consider him a real born-again, evangelical charismatic. ...
    www.letusreason.org/Curren13.htm

Jesus Who
    Hank Hannegraaf, Jack Van Impe and James Dobson spoke out against it (Probably some others I did not hear about). We should have an immediate collective ...
    www.letusreason.org/Apolo18.htm

Prophets of the 2nd Advent 2000
    Jack van Impe-On his television broadcast, Van Impe declares: "The Bible teaches that an Antichrist comes to power (Rev. 13:1) - a world dictator . ...
    www.letusreason.org/Proph7.htm

The Roman Catholic Issue
    ... Billy Graham, Chuck Colson, Bill Bright, Jack Van Impe, Pat Robertson, Ted Haggard and so many other “evangelical leaders” have accepted Romanism. ...
    www.letusreason.org/RC25.htm

THERE IS PLENTY MORE I COULD POST BUT I THINK THIS PRETTY MUCH SPELLS IT OUT....

I occasionally watch his program and I did watch Sunday. He does say that he believes something "big" could happen on Dec. 21, 2012, but you have to buy the DVD he's selling to find out what it is. If he believes that's the date of the Rapture then I've got news for him - it won't be. Jesus said that no one, not even He, knows the day nor the hour of His return - only God knows. I've become concerned also with his quoting Nostradamus. I used to enjoy the discussion of the headlines from around the world and how it related to prophecy, but Jack's cons are starting to out weigh his pros with me.