Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irvin Baxter-Endtime Ministries

Mishka Guest

Default Irvin Baxter-Endtime Ministries

What are your thoughts on this ministry? I'm been listening to his show for quite awhile. I really enjoy a lot of the up to date news coverage and discussions. Everything he teaches seems to make sense but then he got a few people calling in with questions about the rapture. I end up finding out that he believes we're going through the tribulation! I just thought it was kind of weird that this wasn't brought out in an up front way.

Feedback?

Christy Guest

He professes to be an "Apostle" (http://www.endtime-ministries.com/?g...FQlQWAodI1nZ6g)

which fits him into the "New Apostolic Reformation" mold and most of these guys are Latter Rain (William Branham) adherents. Yeesh!

The Apostle Paul clearly stated that he was the last foundational apostle, i.e., there were to be no more Apostles after him. The New Testament also however refers to the broad use of the term "apostle." In this instance, 'apostle' simply means "messenger" or "one sent" on a specific mission - John 13;16; 2 Corinthians 8:3; Philippians 2:25.

These references are never confused in the New Testament with the restricted and special meaning of the office of apostle. These apostles of Christ, along with those who held the prophetic office, were part of the foundation of the church with Jesus Christ, himself the chief cornerstone -Ephesians 2:20

NewTestament Qualifications for Foundational Apostles
    New Testament apostles were required to be eyewitnesses of the resurrected Jesus. This is indicated in Acts 1:22 when Peter insist that the replacement to Judas must become with us a witness to His resurrection. Paul in defending his apostleship says: "Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen our Lord?" - I Corinthians 9.

Foundational Apostles were directly commissioned by Christ Himself Paul repeatedly asserts that his apostleship was by direct divine appointment - Romans 1: 1 and Galatians 1: 1.
    To my mind this man sees himself as a foundational apostle because he wants to fulfill the "great commission".

Rapture Ready doesn't endorse his teachings. Read here: http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

I personally have found he has a good grasp and interesting take on current news events. But go into his theology and everything falls apart. He's one that I would personally recommend folks stay away from.

Mishka Guest

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Rapture Ready doesn't endorse his teachings. Read here: http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

I personally have found he has a good grasp and interesting take on current news events. But go into his theology and everything falls apart. He's one that I would personally recommend folks stay away from.
    I have the same feeling with Irvin as well:

good grasp and interesting take on current news events but has bad theology.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

papaearl Guest

I have no knowledge of Baxter's teachings; but, he is absolutely correct about a post-tribulation rapture. The bible states: And, he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations (Rev 2:26 and Mark 13:13). And, Scofield comments on Mark 13:13…not to the end of the believer’s life but the end of the great tribulation

Quote Originally Posted by papaearl View Post
    I have no knowledge of Baxter's teachings; but, he is absolutely correct about a post-tribulation rapture. The bible states: And, he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations (Rev 2:26 and Mark 13:13). And, Scofield comments on Mark 13:13…not to the end of the believer’s life but the end of the great tribulation
    Reminder of the forum rules:

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=2

[15] This board is Pre-Tribulational Rapture, Pre 70th week, and Pre-Millennial Dispensational in our position of End Times Prophecy. We also believe in a literal 7 year Tribulation period, after the Rapture, during which God finishes His discipline of Israel and finalizes His judgments on the unbelieving world. In order to stay within our scriptural position and keep order and peace, all discussions on these topics must follow suit. Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that we don't know the day or hour of His return and to always be ready and keep watch.

Biblenuggetlady Guest

http://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

Todd has an article on Baxter at the above link.

Christy Guest

We
    also believe in a literal 7 year Tribulation period, after the Rapture, during which God finishes His discipline of Israel and finalizes His judgments on the unbelieving world.
    Thanks for that, i.e., the TRUTH.

Default End Time Web Help

I just talked with my brother who is searching for the truth. He is visiting
    ** edit ** . I have dial up so I can't see a lot on this sight. Is this sight good for someone who isn't saved but searching? What worries me in their belief statement they don't include the Father and Holy Spirit. Also I know I don't post much but your prayers for his salvation would be such a comfort for me right now.
    Last edited by ATYCLB; December 11th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

ATYCLB Guest

Irvin Baxter is a post-trib believer and is not endorsed by this site.

More info:

Thank you Celtic. Like I said I have dino teck in this house. I have given the gospal to my brother many times so he won't listen to anything I have to say about salvation. I have invited him here but, I guess i'll give him over to the Lord and trust in the hope that saved me.

Thanks ATCLB I'm in no way endorsing anything within this site. I have never heard of him before. I will pray that my brother will find a site that will lead to his salvation. Again Thanks for your help. If this thread needs to be deleated I understand.

ATYCLB Guest

O wow just read the link Thanks again for the quick response.

You could look over my site and stmt of faith and send him my link if you think it would work for him.

http://www.geocities.com/truedino

Allan

When I was saved about 8 years ago. I think in my excitment I might have overdone the witnessing to my family. I was so worried that they would miss the rapture that I would talk to them about Christ every time I saw them. So thank you alhere but, I have to be very careful to repair my over zelous newborn mistakes. I will tell him about some sites that he sould go to and avoid others

Default Question about EndTime ministries

Has anyone heard of this ministry? I was just watching a show on Daystar about EndTime with John Baxter. Does he teach post-trib rapture? It sounds like it but I'm not sure.

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

Biblenuggetlady Guest

Yes, he is post trib. and I'd stay away from his site and radio show...bad news.

Bad news indeed.

Ironically, Irvin Baxter began his search for truth in prophecy when He heard a preacher say that the four beast of revelation were Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Knowing that was not a true statement, Baxter set off to find truth. It is a shame that he stopped looking.

Irvin Baxter is affiliated with the United Pentecostal Church, a group that denies the doctrine of the Trinity and believes its methods are the only true way to salvation.

David Reagan of Lamb and lion Ministries did a wonderful job of detailing some of Baxter's twisted views of prophecy. Here is what Mr. Reagan wrote after visiting Baxter's website: It doesn't take long to discover that Mr. Baxter is a person with a very personal and unique interpretation of Bible prophecy, something we are warned against in the Scriptures (2 Peter 1:20).

Due to limited space, it is possible only to identify a few of Baxters erroneous teachings and misguided fallacies:

He denies that Revelation is written in chronological order. He does not, therefore, believe that the Seal Judgments will be followed by the Trumpet Judgments during the first three and one-half years of the Tribulation--as the plain sense meaning of Revelation indicates. He argues that several of both the Seal Judgments and the Trumpet Judgments have already taken place. However, the normal, plain sense interpretation of Revelation 6 is that it marks the beginning of the Tribulation with the Antichrist going forth on a white horse to conquer the world. A world war ensues, and one-fourth of the world's population dies from war (the red horse), famine (the black horse), pestilence and wild beasts.

Mr. Baxter argues that the fulfillment of the Seal Judgments has nothing to do with the Tribulation. He asserts that the fulfillment of these judgments began in 325 AD when the Emperor Constantine presided over a Church Council that produced the Nicene Creed (a creed, interestingly enough, that laid the foundation for the doctrine of the Trinity). In short, he identifies the white horse of Revelation 6 as Roman Catholicism, the black horse as Capitalism, and the red horse as Communism. This all makes for very interesting reading, but it simply is not substantiated by the text, for it violates the plain sense meaning.

Another example of Baxter's misinterpretation is found in his assertion that the world empires revealed to Daniel, in Daniel 2, include the Holy Roman Empire. He sees the succession as Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, the Roman Empire, and the Holy Roman Empire. That is not the succession portrayed in Daniel 2. The Roman Empire is followed by an empire of iron mixed with clay--representing the unstable, final world empire of the Antichrist. The proof that this is the last empire of history is found in the fact that this is the empire that is suddenly destroyed by a stone that represents the kingdom of Jesus Christ when He returns.

There is no place in the scenario for the Holy Roman Empire, which was an empire in name only. Baxter tries to insert the Holy Roman Empire because he wants to argue that it is the one that will be revived in the end times, rather than the Roman Empire. And he tries to advance this argument so that he can sustain his contention that the "fatal wound that will be healed," referred to in Revelation 13:3, is a reference to the Berlin Wall being removed so that Germany (which was the heart of the Holy Roman Empire) could be reunited.

Mr. Baxter does further damage to the book of Daniel when he contends that the symbols used in chapter seven refer to Great Britain, Russian, and Germany. Again, this runs contrary to the plain sense meaning of the passage. In Daniel seven, God gives Daniel a vision of the same succession of empires as he was given in chapter two. The difference is that in chapter two they are seen from the viewpoint of Man - as glorious political kingdoms whereas, in chapter seven they are presented from the viewpoint of God - as ravenous wild beasts.

One of the strangest statements on Mr. Baxter's website concerns the Rapture. In response to a question about the timing of the Rapture, he says, "Unfortunately, rapture timing debates between brothers in Christ often become divisive, and for this reason, Endtime has chosen to avoid the issue for now." This non-answer is truly astonishing! Here is a person with an opinion on everything in the prophetic scriptures, yet he chose to "avoid" one of the most important issues!

Even more astonishing is the very next paragraph, where Mr. Baxter states that he believes that the Rapture and the Second Coming are "the same event." Well, if they are the same event, then the Rapture must take place at the end of the Tribulation--so much for "avoiding" the issue. To sustain this position, Mr. Baxter proceeds to try to explain away some passages that imply a pre-Tribulation Rapture. In doing so, he presents a most peculiar and bizarre interpretation of 2 Thessalonians 2. The passage states that the Antichrist cannot be revealed until that which restrains him is removed. Mr. Baxter contends that the restrainer is "time." Yes, time! It's just not the right time for the Antichrist to be revealed, he says, and when the time is right, the revelation will occur.

Mr. Baxter' approach to prophetic interpretation makes it clear why the plain sense meaning rule is so important. That rule states: "If the plain sense makes sense, don't look for any other sense, or you will end up with nonsense." As with Mr. Baxter, you will end up with a very personal interpretation that no other prophecy teacher is willing to endorse. Exercise extreme caution with regard to Mr. Baxter and his unique interpretations. Remember 1 Peter 1:20 - "No prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation." Frank Stagg in his book, How to Understand the Bible, says, "God does not grant private disclosures that are withheld from other people."

1 Corinthians 14:29 says that when a prophet speaks, his words are to be evaluated by others, for "the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets" (1 Corinthians 14:32). This essay has been written in the spirit of that admonition. It is good that Mr. Baxter is emphasizing the Lord's soon return, but at the same time use great caution regarding his very personal interpretations of Bible prophecy.

By: David Reagan and Nicole Balnius