Thread: Mike Murdock

bball39 Guest

Mike Murdock,

Has to be one of the biggest Prosperity preacher's of all time...It would be scary to know the full amount of $$$$$$ he has fleeced from God's people
    Romans 13:11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here.

Mike Murdock another flame bound soul

$$$$$$$$$=Mike Murdock's Ministry$$$$$$$$$$$Millions

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
    Matthew 7:15
    "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
    2 Peter 2:1-3
    "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
    1 John 4:1

Evangelist Mike Murdock
    FORT WORTH -- The ministry of a Texas evangelist who asks followers to give money to help the poor spends more than 60 percent of its funds on overhead, including his salary, and only a tiny amount on helping the needy, according to a published report.
    For nearly a decade, less than 1 percent of donors' money to the Mike Murdock Evangelistic Association has been used for such charitable works, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported in today's editions.
    The ministry, founded as a nonprofit corporation, pays Murdock, 56, a salary that helps him maintain a lifestyle that includes Rolex watches, expensive sports cars and exotic animals, the newspaper reported after a six-month investigation.
    Murdock usually asks donors for small amounts. On his television program, at seminars and in books, Murdock encourages people to give money. In return, he promises that God will restore relationships, heal bodies and provide financial help with rewards that will be 100 times their gift.
    "If any of this money is for Mike Murdock's personal gain, may a curse be upon me and my ministry and may my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth," he often says.

Mike Murdock is one of these preachers who can stand in front of virtually anyone and preach about getting rich and never blink an eye. He has no shame when it comes to asking for money and promising you will get it back 30, 60, 100 fold. He continues to amaze me yet today. Read below and see for yourself. You also will be amazed.

http://www.forgottenword.org/murdock.html

He is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth. (2 Samuel 23:4)

This is the man who drove me out of the WOF stuff, what a complete fraud.

yogi3939 Guest

I actually knew Mike Murdock in his early days. My second wife and I were Amway distributors and very active in Amway until she died of cancer. But that is another long story.

But to get to the point; Mike was one of the preachers who Amway brought in for the sunday non demoninational service held after all of the big out of town rallys. He was a pretty good preacher back then and I followed his ministry as well as subscribing to his newsletter.

I stopped listening to anything he had to say when I started recieving things like requests for money for little packets of "holy sand" from where Jesus walked, etc. In other words the same bloody scam garbage all the televangelists were pulling to seperate the flock from their money.

BTW - Mike Murdock was also an Amway distributor back then. Only he started letting the money go to his head. Now he is just as bad as the Benny Hinns of the world.

When my husband and I first came to the Lord back in the early 80's, we were watching a PTL telethon. Mike Murdock was on there and was "encouraging" people to GIVE. He said that if people wanted their prayers answered, then they must GIVE. I still remember his exact quote: "When I want something from God, I give PTL a thousand dollars; then God HAS TO GIVE me His attention."

yogi3939 Guest

In the books list you have “The Double Diamond Principle”. That particular book was written by him as an Amway distributor. Double Diamond is one of the very high, and profitable, pin levels of Amway. Your three post entry really exposed more than just Mike Murdock. It exposed the entire televangelistic scam crowd. I am 69 years old and have seen the evolution of the scams and how when one of them finds a new way to seperate the suckers from their money the rest will jump on the bandwagon and ride it for all it is worth until the next scam comes along that works better. The seed faith scam is one of the longest lasting because it is one of the most successful at decieving people to seperate them from their money.

But some will say "I have seen testimonials from people who it has worked for". What they do not understand is statistics. If you get a large enough number of people to send you "seed faith money" you will have some who, quite in line with statistical principles, will recieve a windfall. They are the ones the scam artists who call themselves preachers depend on to lend credibility to their false claims.

It isn't just the televangelists though who are using these scams. I have been in two churches that started teaching the same seed faith garbage when they realized it worked for the televangelists. One in particular became a success at the "game" and grew from a small outreach church to one of the Chicago areas local televangelistic wealth builders. I am referring to pastor, and I use that term very loosely in this case, Rob Thompson. I started going to his church when he was still running a small outreach ministry and teaching a pretty accurate representation of God's word. As he grew more successful he started "going for the gold" and when he finally remodeled the church to look like something from the Trinity Broadcasting Network and started televising his sermons in the Chicago market. It was at about that time that I realized that he was becoming way too full of himself and not the Holy Spirit. In fact it was just a couple of months before the remodeling of the church that he started teaching the "seed faith" junk. My BS detector went off and I left that church and never looked back.

yogi3939 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by homesick9748 View Post
    When my husband and I first came to the Lord back in the early 80's, we were watching a PTL telethon. Mike Murdock was on there and was "encouraging" people to GIVE. He said that if people wanted their prayers answered, then they must GIVE. I still remember his exact quote: "When I want something from God, I give PTL a thousand dollars; then God HAS TO GIVE me His attention."
    When I want God's attention I pray. And I also realize that if I pray for something that is not good for me God's answer, like any wise, loving, and good father, can and will be NO. In fact some of God's greatest gifts, as the song says, are unanswered prayers. If I pray for more money and not the wisdom to use what I already have better, God would be doing me no favors giving me the extra money.

What I find amazing is the number of people who fall for this garbage. I attribute it to them being too lazy to study the bible for themselves and use a little common sense.