Thread: Chronological Order of events in Crucifiction

theroc Guest

Default Chronological Order of events in Crucifiction

Does anyone know of a website or can post the crucifiction account from all 4 gospels in order? I want to study more into so I figured here would be a better place to put the thread.

Doulos Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theroc View Post
    Does anyone know of a website or can post the crucifiction account from all 4 gospels in order? I want to study more into so I figured here would be a better place to put the thread.
    I don't know of a website off the top of my head. But, if you want to ferret it out for youself, the key is the book of Luke.

As Luke says:

Luke 1:1-4 (NASB95)

1 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us,

2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word,

3 it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus;

4 so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught.

Here is one I ran across quite a while ago. The point of this article is to prove that Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, but he has also done a good job of writing a chronology of events. You can be a Berean on the facts as he presents them.

http://philologos.org/bpr/files/Misc_Studies/ms007.htm
    Think Heavenly
    Act Locally

Gabby Guest

I've heard rave reviews from this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ (Paperback)
    by Harold W. Hoehner

Editorial Reviews
    Product Description
    In the interest of mapping out the chronology of Christ's life, this book studies Scripture and extra-biblical sources to determine key dates from his time on earth, particularly his date of birth, the commencement of his ministry, the duration of his ministry, and the day and year of his crucifixion. A bibliography and index are included.

From the Back Cover
    "Jesus Christ entered into the history of our world. Christianity, therefore, has historical basis. The backbone of history is chronology. Whereas history is a systematic account of events in relation to a nation, institution, science, or art; chronology is a science of time. It seeks to establish and arrange the dates of past events in their proper sequence. Thus chronology serves as a necessary framework upon which the events of history must be fitted. In this book (the author) attempts to establish certain fixed dates in our Lord's life." - Dr. Harold W. Hoehner. Dr. Hoehner has gathered a vast amount of data, both from Scripture and extrabiblical sources, to support his conclusions concerning key dates in the life of our Lord, among them: - The Date of Christ's Birth - The Commencement of Christ's Ministry - The Duration of Christ's Ministry - The Year of Christ's Crucifixion He carefully documents his position and compares the date available--including a study of Greek words, Roman law, and Jewish customs and prophecy.
    It's currently in my shopping cart at amazon...hopefully next week it will be in my home.