Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Duplantis

Default Jesse Duplantis

I saw Jesse Duplantis on the TV the other night. He was promoting some new video he has where he claims to have gone to Heaven and seen the Lord. He was telling people that he talked to the Lord and the Lord gave him messages to tell the people.

He went on to describe Jesus' looks, etc. There's a link here were you can see his promotion for his video.

http://www.jdm.org/jdmDefault.aspx?t...x=-1&tabID=155

People are constantly looking for experiences out there, and people are naturally drawn to testimonies like this one where some minister claims to have gone to Heaven. It all seems odd to me.

What's the story on Jesse Duplantis??

Biblenuggetlady Guest

Duplantis is another false teacher in the prosperity gospel crowd.

Just Ron Guest

He's been around for a while and the story about him going to Heaven has been around as well.

ZeldaCA Guest

My favorite fact about him is that he has a brand new jet airplane, bought with donor dollars, and he had a gold plaque made to hang inside it which says, "God loves Jesse very, very much."

Meaning, I suppose, that IF God loves you he has people donate money to you so you can buy your own jet?!?!? Hmmmmm.

Yep, "Brother Jesse" is just another WOF preacher out to fleece the flock. When one of them gets a new plane, suddenly the Lord tells all of them that they need new planes. It's the same with new buildings and bigger broadcasting facilities. BTW, I've also heard Jesse say that he was supposedly transported from one Louisiana city to another one about 100 miles away just so he could pray for a little girl who was sick and dying in the hospital. This transporting was akin to what God did for Phillip after he'd witnessed to the Ethiopian eunich. Jesse forgets one thing though...the bible says NO ONE has seen God except Jesus.

susanb Guest

Perhaps Duplantis visits the "third heaven" just like Bentley, King, and Jones? Most likely Duplantis is New Age just like them. A lot of the Word / Faith people are New Age or Mormonistic (Kenneth Copeland).

I don't know if Duplantis teaches this, but many of those people (like Paula White and Joyce Meyer) teach the "doctrine of destiny". They take the predestination scriptures out of context and add a New Age / worldly flavor to it and call it "biblical".

bball39 Guest

a_romanlilly Guest

Sounds dulusional

Quote Originally Posted by bball39 View Post
    "If I give $1,000 dollars I deserve to get back $100,000 because I am just, that's not greed!" (Jesse Duplantis, December 19, 2003 TBN, "The just shall live by faith.")

Quote Originally Posted by a_romanlilly View Post
    Sounds dulusional
    "I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

Hebrews 12:3-4
    For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

candlelight Guest

Just do not understand how anyone can say "I deserve" anything when in fact we all deserve damnation, but through God's grace we are saved. No amount of money in the world can do that. Same with Frederick Price he and his wife say "They gve a lot to the church" so they deserve their Bentley's etc. SHEESH! What's up with all that? They (we) should all be trembling with fear and reverence toward the ALMIGHTY!

Default Has anyone read the book "Heaven" by Jesse Duplantis

I have read the book "Heaven" by Jesse Duplantis several times now and I am mesmerized by his experiences he had as he was taken up to Heaven. Sometimes I wonder if this was really possible to go to Heaven and return to write about it. He said he was there in the Spirit but it was more real then being here on earth. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has read this book or anyone who has insight on an out of body experience like this.

apostasy big time

Jesse Duplantis is a false teacher. Check out the Apostasy forum. There's plenty of stuff on him there. He is a big name in the Word of Faith movement which is not of the Lord. Stay away from him. Do not believe him or any other WOF teacher. They are only in it for themselves.

ZAGS Guest

you might want to try and erase all influence that book has had from your memory.... it is not biblical at all...

yogi3939 Guest

Jesse DuPlantis is such a wild raving maniac that I would never read anything by him. He has made some claims on his television show that make Benny Hinn look like a main stream bible believer by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by lukegingerich View Post
    I have read the book "Heaven" by Jesse Duplantis several times now and I am mesmerized by his experiences he had as he was taken up to Heaven. Sometimes I wonder if this was really possible to go to Heaven and return to write about it. He said he was there in the Spirit but it was more real then being here on earth. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who has read this book or anyone who has insight on an out of body experience like this.
    jesse has said so many off the wall things I give nothing, and i mean nothing, he says seriously. Let alone his "trip" to heaven. He is a seriously flawed (doctrinally) guy.

Luke, are you a person who likes jesse and the WOF movement as a whole?

I never heard of Jesse Duplantis before I read his book. I know nothing about the WOF movement. I desire for nothing else but the truth so I guess the Holy Bible is the only Book you dont have to worry about being led astray.

I never heard of Jesse Duplantis before I read his book. I know nothing about the WOF movement. I desire for nothing else but the truth so I guess the Holy Bible is the only Book you dont have to worry about being led astray.
    Well, the Bible is always safe. As for other books, it's best to know where the writer is doctrinally before reading them. I have people I trust to read, but the list is small.

Tres Wright Guest

Exactly That's not to say there's not some good Christian literature out there, there certainly is. But what separates the good from the bad is whether it aligns with Scripture, everything needs to be evaluated against Scripture. The whole "I went to Heaven and God told me to come back and write a book" thing has gotten really popular in the last 10 years. It's all New Age, and it's all apostasy. Here's what Scripture says:

Hebrews 9:27
    Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
    We die one time and are judged. No one is making trips back and forth to Heaven and any time you hear someone say that it should raise red flags about their "ministry".