Thread: Bible verses about people who get offended easily (touched, thinskinned, sensitive)?

OVemLogo Guest

Default Bible verses about people who get offended easily (touched, thinskinned, sensitive)?

I'm drawing a blank at the moment, trying to track down some bible verses that talk about people who get offended easily. I recall conversing with a fellow who got really offended when I began talking about how all Ghandi's good works would not save him. This fellow went nuts, and even attacked me because I spelled "Ghandi" wrong. Surely the bible has verses about these kind of people. Sadly this guy says he's a Christian, but can't give me a strait answer when it comes to other religions leading to salvation. For a fellow Christian the answer ought to be obvious. Outside this subject, he gets offended easily. Any conversation is an exercise in walking on eggshells. At times annoying, someone such as myself with a thicker skin.

Any how, let me have at those verses folks. I apologize in advance if I've offended anyone easily offended

xxzz Guest

AN "OFFENSE-PROOFED" LIFE.

Psalm 119:161-168

UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE OF THE LAW PRODUCES
    AN "OFFENSE-PROOFED" LIFE.

(Psa 119:165 KJV) Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing
    shall offend them.

http://www.discover-net.net/~cag/Offense.html

Maybe this will help?

goinghome Guest

I've always connected people being easily offended with the sin of pride. We should be defenders of God's Word, Salvation, Resurrection.... things of God. But, if it's personal, a pride check should be done. JMHO.

Biblenuggetlady Guest

Here's a few, not sure if this is on the line of what you were looking for?

Colossians 3 The whole chapter, but heres an excerpt: v12-14 says: Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering: Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things, put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Titus 2:7-8 In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine showing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, sound speech that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

One of my favs:

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

MD:

Your citation of Psalm 119:165 would be apt but for one thing: to 'offend' in KJV does not be 'be offensive' or 'hurt someone's feelings' or such. It means to induce someone to sin, to provide an occasion for someone to stumble.

The word offend/offense is one of the most common KJV words misunderstood by modern readers because of changes in meaning over the centuries.

OVemLogo Guest

I like all the verses given so far. I agree with the earlier observation about pride and touchiness being related. I was thinking more along the lines of proverbs, like one about how "the fool vents his feelings" or something to that effect, etc.