Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to get my husband for Valentines Day??

Default What to get my husband for Valentines Day??

I need help.
    I want something creative. Post up your best ideas. I once had a 4 man quartet come to his work and sing at a body shop. He was so embarrassed! I think that was the best one. Money is tight, so I need help.
    GEL
    We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us—it simply reveals what we are made of already. -Oswald Chambers

I once gave hubby a secret love letter written in invisable ink. you had to hold it over a heat source to make it show up. After 2 times of warming it up it dissapears for good. the letter smoked if you know what i mean. Thank goodness the evidence dissappears, I can only think of what my kids would of said if they read it.
    < hubby,benny,the beans and pickle

FunMudder Guest

Mine will be out of town....but thats a good thing....it's weird LOL

come on ladies! I need help here. Need more that just 2 posts!
    HELP!
    We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us—it simply reveals what we are made of already. -Oswald Chambers

Kidnap your husband and spend the day doing his favorite things.

suzi Guest

Make him a home made coupon book he can reedeem from you, like a nice massage, breakfast in bed, drawing a got bath with candles and stuffs, movie nite, use your imagination.

What about watching a movie cuddled up on the couch. My hubby likes that. I like cinderella man with russel crowe. Plenty of boxing for the guy and lovey stuff for us girls. I also wrote hubby a letter with 100 things i loved most about him. He still has it in his dresser and reads it for encouragement when he feels like he's not being a good husband or dad.
    < hubby,benny,the beans and pickle

firstoftwelve Guest

make him a CD and slip it into his car thurs. night. One year i made a big poster sign saying I loved him and hung it in the garage for him to see when he came home. Get some new sexy jammies and put those in his car and spray perfume on them, so he will be thinking about hurrying home. Then make sure the kids are gone when he gets home and plan a "fun" evening for you together. there was an idea in a book I read for a full course meal at home.
    Start with drinks ( sparking juice etc.) and have a dance together. then serve an appetizer and give him a foot massage. have a salad course and you guys give back rubs, then just keep going in intensity, until Dessert is YOU!!

jeshurun Guest

Is that all you girls think about?

Get him an iphone or some other hightech gadget. We like shiny things. Also, things that blow up but that's just asking for trouble.

Do you pack his lunch?
    I filled my DH's lunch box to the top with Hershey kisses so he had to dig through them in front of the guys to get to his lunch.
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jeshurun View Post

Get him an iphone or some other hightech gadget. We like shiny things. Also, things that blow up but that's just asking for trouble.
    Um, he is technically "challenged" shall I say. Its a good thing, because I would't want to share my tech things with him!

I would like to get him something. He is just so hard to buy for.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

ummmmmmmmmmmm.

Well, the dinner thing sounds great, but I have a 6 year old and an 11 year old and they don't go anywhere. I do however have the house to myself during the day.............

my dh and i were watching a comedian the other day and he was talking about how silly it is that women fret over what to buy their man you dont have to spend any money they only want one thing. my dh brought it up the other day when we were walking through the store (i think we were passing all the valentine stuff) and he said you know that comedian is right we only want one thing.

lyngraphics Guest

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    Make him a home made coupon book he can reedeem from you, like a nice massage, breakfast in bed, drawing a got bath with candles and stuffs, movie nite, use your imagination.
    That was going to be my idea! LOL!

lyngraphics Guest

My grandma bought my 3 year old son a small remote controlled helicopter for Christmas, so she bough my husband a larger one as well... He has gotten so much joy out of that thing! I think she got it at radio shack and it's Spiderman LOL!

What is he into, what are his hobbies? Does he like tools and stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    Do you pack his lunch?
    I filled my DH's lunch box to the top with Hershey kisses so he had to dig through them in front of the guys to get to his lunch.

That's a great idea!... They have the red and pink ones in the store.

Theresa Guest

Does he like pizza? Have a pizza day/night. Order pies with his favorite toppings, get his favorite refreshments, and watch his favorite type of movies. I suppose you could do this with w\any type of food - pasta, seafood. If food doesn't appeal to him, think of what he really seems to enjoy and doesn't get to do/experience as often as he'd like (yes, it could mean THAT).

I was thinking about getting mine a new drill and making him a good steak for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I was thinking about getting mine a new drill and making him a good steak for dinner.
    Very practical, Lisa!

I got my DH a nice big card and a mylar "I Love You" balloon. We'll most likely go out to dinner as well. After 25 years (well, on April 10th- - if we make it til then!!) it's all about the little stuff. We have toooooo much of the biggies.

My husband is diabetic so I gave him sugar free candy. It is about the small things.

NewWorldOrder Guest

I gave my husband a singing card, and a big 7 pound bag of chocolate covered almonds.

He gave me a cute little stuffed puppy sitting over a giant, heart covered coffee cup filled with black lingerie. I hate lingerie, but I guess I'm going to have to wear it someday. He's very romantic, and I'm not. Ok, Ok, I am romantic, but not gushy, mooshy, romantic; but he is. We couldn't be more different in that area, but we make it work.