Thread: Joel 2:31

Sons of Thunder Guest

Default Joel 2:31

Does before the dreadful day of the Lord here mean before the tribulation, or before Jesus physically sets foot on the Mt. of Olives?

There are a series of rare tetrad lunar and solar eclipses on Jewish Feast Days in 2014-1015 that have only happened 2 other times in history (one of them being at the time Jerusalem was recaptured in 1967), and don't happen again for the remainder of the century. Wonder if these have anything to do with Joel 2:31?

Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Thunder View Post
    Does before the dreadful day of the Lord here mean before the tribulation, or before Jesus physically sets foot on the Mt. of Olives?

There are a series of rare tetrad lunar and solar eclipses on Jewish Feast Days in 2014-1015 that have only happened 2 other times in history (one of them being at the time Jerusalem was recaptured in 1967), and don't happen again for the remainder of the century. Wonder if these have anything to do with Joel 2:31?
    The Day of the Lord is That Day, The Terrible Day, His Hour of Judgment, and The Day of the Lord's Vengeance, all have to do with the last 3 1/2 of the tribulation - the Great Tribulation, Armageddon and Second Coming, and is not about moon phases

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

The phrase "day of the Lord" is used 23 times in the King James Bible and the context for each usage is important to understanding the meaning. One thing is clear in all cases - You don't want to be on the receiving end of God's wrath. Try using the phrase as a search term in Biblegateway.com for example. When we add words before or after the search the results get narrower and narrower. For example;

The phrase "dreadful day of the Lord" is used only once - Malachi 4:5
    Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: - (and some people debate whether or not Elijah is one of the two witnesses who appear during the Trib. at the mid-point) - and Joel 2:31 is the only time the phrase "great and terrible day of the Lord" is used. The upshot? 2nd half of the Trib. not before.

- Careful - This borders on date setting .

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Sons of Thunder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve53 View Post
    - Careful - This borders on date setting .
    Certainly not trying to do that. Just thought this information was very relevant to scripture.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Certainly not trying to do that. Just thought this information was very relevant to scripture.
    All scripture is relevant.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Sons of Thunder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve53 View Post
    All scripture is relevant.
    Ha...yes, I know. I meant re: these tetrad eclipses possibly being relevant to the scripture in Joel.

Please feel free to delete the thread if I crossed any lines.

This will help clarify the different "days" used in the Bible:

http://www.raptureforums.com/GeraldStanton/stanton4.cfm

ignorance&apathy Guest

This is not technically true, there was one more tetrad, it happened in 1492, in which the jews were thrown out of spain/england and were massacred.

Interesting note, the feast days were passover and tabernacles that the blood moons fell, just the same feast days that the ones in 2014/15 fall on.

An archtype of things to come?

If you look at the feast days that came before the two wars in '48 & '67 you'll see they were tabernacles and unleavened bread.

Sons of Thunder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ignorance&apathy View Post
    This is not technically true, there was one more tetrad, it happened in 1492, in which the jews were thrown out of spain/england and were massacred.

Interesting note, the feast days were passover and tabernacles that the blood moons fell, just the same feast days that the ones in 2014/15 fall on.

An archtype of things to come?

If you look at the feast days that came before the two wars in '48 & '67 you'll see they were tabernacles and unleavened bread.
    What are you saying is not technically true?

ignorance&apathy Guest

What are you saying is not technically true?
    you said the tetrad only happened two other times in history, i pointed out the other one, the feast days they landed on, and the historical results of such.

Sons of Thunder Guest

you said the tetrad only happened two other times in history, i pointed out the other one, the feast days they landed on, and the historical results of such.
    Still don't understand what I said that wasn't 'technically true'. There were two other times in history(other than the ones set to happen) - both on significant dates in Jewish history.

ignorance&apathy Guest

1493 Apr. 2 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Passover
    1493 Sep. 25 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Tabernacles
    1494 Mar. 22 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Passover
    1494 Sep. 15 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Tabernacles

Passover: April 15, 2014
    Tabernacles: October 9, 2014
    Passover: April 4, 2015
    Tabernacles, September 28, 2015

Does this make it clearer? You didn't mention this one.

Sons of Thunder Guest

1493 Apr. 2 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Passover
    1493 Sep. 25 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Tabernacles
    1494 Mar. 22 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Passover
    1494 Sep. 15 Total Lunar Eclipse Feast of Tabernacles

Passover: April 15, 2014
    Tabernacles: October 9, 2014
    Passover: April 4, 2015
    Tabernacles, September 28, 2015

Does this make it clearer? You didn't mention this one.
    No, I didn't. But nothing about what I did mention was 'technically untrue'. I just didn't further elaborate like you chose to.

ignorance&apathy Guest

There are a series of rare tetrad lunar and solar eclipses on Jewish Feast Days in 2014-1015 that have only happened 2 other times in history...
    This IS "technically untrue" because of what i just posted.

I'm not claiming you did it on purpose, nor insinuating anything derogatory to/about you, the ONLY reason why i even mentioned it is because of what happened in 1492 to the jews, (their expulsion from Spain and their slaughter) and the fact that this tetrad did ALSO happen on holy feast days. (which, including 2014/15 brings the count to four, not three.)

This tetrad (1492) also is in unison with 2014/15, the same feast days are identical, unlike the last two which were feast of unleavened bread, and tabernacles.

The only "scattering" of the jews I can see in the near future is when the anti-christ becomes indwelt by satan himself, and murders 2/3 of all jews on this planet, which correlates with the possibility that 1492 may serve as a "bookend" if you will of 2014/15, hence the reason i brought it up in the first place.

God bless.

Please note ...

[11] No End Times Date Setting, Date Speculating, Date Framing, Date Suggesting, Date Alerts, or designating specific Peace Treaties or feasts as the main event of the Rapture or Second Coming. No quoting from others on date setting future events such as the fall of Damascus, Gog/Magog, the Rapture, the Second Coming, the Millennium, Peace Covenants, feasts, etc.... or speculations on who will be the Antichrist, False Prophet, or Gog. This includes linking to sites and books that also speculate and throw out dates based upon Blood Moon, Rash Hashanah, and other events. Do not set Date Alerts and speculations that even hint of date setting, nor posting from date setting preachers. We have already heard the "know the season argument". Matthew 24:36 Mark 13:32
    Please do not inadvertently call Jesus a liar.

ignorance&apathy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post
    Please note ...

We have three definate acts against the jews during these tetrads, history proves this, and a fourth one on the way in a couple of years. we have scripture which says that what happens in the sun, moon, and starts ARE for signals, and appointments, from God.

you honestly think i care about rules on a message board when faced with reality? pffft.

suspend/ban me, my hands are clean.

We have three definate acts against the jews during these tetrads, history proves this, and a fourth one on the way in a couple of years. we have scripture which says that what happens in the sun, moon, and starts ARE for signals, and appointments, from God.

you honestly think i care about rules on a message board when faced with reality? pffft.

suspend/ban me, my hands are clean.
    We don't date set or give moon prognoses on this board.
    It's formula for FAIL

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim