Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60 Minutes interview with Joel Osteen

Phillip_19 Guest

Tsk tsk 60 Minutes interview with Joel Osteen

Musclecar1975 Guest

That's Joel, the Used Car Salesman for you!

He said, "this is my message." Exactly you fool, it is your message, not the biblical God breathed Gospel message. The interviewer was skeptical.."no mention of Jesus Christ in there"..and there is Joel, well we would not want to offend...Oh, please. Take your millions and invest in some duct tape.

Something ain't right about him..

Musclecar1975 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cherished View Post
    He said, "this is my message." Exactly you fool, it is your message, not the biblical God breathed Gospel message. The interviewer was skeptical.."no mention of Jesus Christ in there"..and there is Joel, well we would not want to offend...Oh, please. Take your millions and invest in some duct tape.

cocopea9052 Guest

...I just don't know why that is so funny-- but it is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinklingOfanEye View Post
    Something ain't right about him..
    Yep, I believe you have discerned correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopea9052 View Post
    ...I just don't know why that is so funny-- but it is so true.

Yep, I believe you have discerned correctly.
    But yet all his followers, the congregation, they can't see it? <------ Seriously tho. How come they can't discern?

Did you heart hat pathetic toxic waste about how to live the Christian life? To become better people we should

1) Have a positive attitude toward ourselves- (because sin is so offensive...we all have such beautiful potential yaknow)

2) Develop better relationships..(but he fails to mention the only relationship that has the capability to produce change and better "us"es....Hmm...Jesus ...)

3) Embrace where we are: ( yes, and if we listen to him, we most likely are on the wide road leading straight to hell..how caring of him)

This man is dangerous. He may look innocent enough with his charm and blinding smile.. but he is a huge cause I am sure for the propagation of such a false and insidious gospel. It is the gospel of satan, lit on fire by hell itself. It sickens me. False security is what this man sells. But then again, wolves in sheep's clothing have to be good at that, don't they?

Did you heart hat pathetic toxic waste about how to live the Christian life? To become better people we should

1) Have a positive attitude toward ourselves- (because sin is so offensive...we all have such beautiful potential yaknow)

2) Develop better relationships..(but he fails to mention the only relationship that has the capability to produce change and better "us"es....Hmm...Jesus ...)

3) Embrace where we are: ( yes, and if we listen to him, we most likely are on the wide road leading straight to hell..how caring of him)

This man is dangerous. He may look innocent enough with his charm and blinding smile.. but he is a huge cause I am sure for the propagation of such a false and insidious gospel. It is the gospel of satan, lit on fire by hell itself. It sickens me. False security is what this man sells. But then again, wolves in sheep's clothing have to be good at that, don't they?
    He's one of the reasons why a lot of non-Christians mock Christianity.

Musclecar1975 Guest

What a bunch of man-made garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherished
    He certainly is dangerous. His "gospel" is straight from the pits of hell. He's going to have a lot of lost souls on his hand. I would hate to be in his shoes when he stands before the Lord. He is not taking seriously what James 3:1 says about those who teach will be judged more stricter:

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

cocopea9052 Guest

People can't see it because they want what he is preaching. That sugar coated sugar cane cotton candy jelly beans with more sugar warm and fuzzy feeling without having any responsibility to anything but to and for themselves.

His message is all about the people, not the Savior. If you leave out sin and hell and Heaven and God, then all you have to do is be nice, love yourself and be all that you can be. Not what the Lord has called you to be.

You know how easy it is to repent of something when you set your own standard for right and wrong. That is what they want. To feel good, look good, think they are good and be nice and smile...That is it. That is the whole gospel message Joel and the likes offer up to the people. That phony, plastic, fake, fraudulent life. They want that.

It is really sad also because Joel has softened them up so to the point when those who do open their eyes and turn to God, they are going to really have a rough time going through the fire, because Joel has taught them nothing of Gods saving grace and how sometimes he will drop you in the pit to save you and then bring you back out and refine you. They are essentially being taught to be weaklings and just show up to service.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopea9052 View Post
    People can't see it because they want what he is preaching. That sugar coated sugar cane cotton candy jelly beans with more sugar warm and fuzzy feeling without having any responsibility to anything but to and for themselves.
    That sounds like New Age stuff..

His message is all about the people, not the Savior. If you leave out sin and hell and Heaven and God, then all you have to do is be nice, love yourself and be all that you can be. Not what the Lord has called you to be.

You know how easy it is to repent of something when you set your own standard for right and wrong. That is what they want. To feel good, look good, think they are good and be nice and smile...That is it. That is the whole gospel message Joel and the likes offer up to the people. That phony, plastic, fake, fraudulent life. They want that.

It is really sad also because Joel has softened them up so to the point when those who do open their eyes and turn to God, they are going to really have a rough time going through the fire, because Joel has taught them nothing of Gods saving grace and how sometimes he will drop you in the pit to save you and then bring you back out and refine you. They are essentially being taught to be weaklings and just show up to service.
    I guess Joel doesn't really care what God thinks of him then? He will be sorry..

That sounds like New Age stuff..

I guess Joel doesn't really care what God thinks of him then? He will be sorry..
    There is definitely something wrong when a pastor doesn't preach God's truth about salvation, and how to walk in his ways. I am not saying that he isn't saved, but the question is there is he born again. Some pastors don't want to preach about sin because they might make someone mad, and they won't come back. We shouldn't worry about being people pleasers but pleasing God. The Bible also says you will know them by their fruit. There are wolves in sheeps clothing. I that he repents of his ways of misrepresenting the word of God. This is why people should study The Bible for themselves, and they won't be deceived. Some people just want to have their ears tickled. They are not interested in knowing the truth. His dad John was also a pastor. Does anyone know did he preach God's truths without compromise?

James 3:1

Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.
    In God I Trust

Musclecar1975 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    There is definitely something wrong when a pastor doesn't preach God's truth about salvation, and how to walk in his ways. I am not saying that he isn't saved, but the question is there is he born again. Some pastors don't want to preach about sin because they might make someone mad, and they won't come back. We shouldn't worry about being people pleasers but pleasing God. The Bible also says you will know them by their fruit. There are wolves in sheeps clothing. I that he repents of his ways of misrepresenting the word of God. This is why people should study The Bible for themselves, and they won't be deceived. Some people just want to have their ears tickled. They are not interested in knowing the truth. His dad John was also a pastor. Does anyone know did he preach God's truths without compromise?
    Jesus said you have to be born again to be saved.

From what I understand, his father was also a Word Faith teacher.

Honestly, this interview should really set the record straight about Mr. Osteen. Even the interviewer mentions how it is more of "self-help" than anything else.

IveSeenEvil Guest

Default Joel Osteen

I'm not going to watch the interview because I'm familiar with Joel Osteen.

BUT.... I've noticed comments from in him in other interviews where he says things like, "I believe...." So, even without watching the interview, I know that what you repeat of him that he said, "This is MY message..." ... is what I'd expect.

I must confess. When I first observed him on TV, I fell for his preaching style, too. So, its because of places like RR.... you guys.... and your observations about him and others like him, that the unwary.... are alerted.

Christina Guest

He admits it, he says just towards the end "there are those better equipped to say here's what scripture says, I don't think that's my calling"

Joel admits it, it's not his calling to preach the scriptures, there are others out there better equipped to do this. Joel is a motivational speaker and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    He admits it, he says just towards the end "there are those better equipped to say here's what scripture says, I don't think that's my calling"

Joel admits it, it's not his calling to preach the scriptures, there are others out there better equipped to do this. Joel is a motivational speaker and nothing more.
    Then why even bother?

Musclecar1975 Guest

Then why even bother?
    Because to some people, being a pastor is a job. I read a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. where he said that he chose to be a preacher because he thought it was a noble profession.

To others, being a pastor is akin to being a bigshot. Being in a leadership position, where everyone is looking up to you. It's nothing more than flesh and they don't see it as a calling from God.

And still to others, they think they are doing God's work and they are not. They are blind to the fact that God did not call them to be pastors.