Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " Jesus Christ is Coming Soon "

Gary Rich Guest

Default " Jesus Christ is Coming Soon "

Quite a bold statement isn't it, to say that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is coming back soon. Bible Prophecy and current world events are all pointing towards the soon return of Jesus Christ to bring Judgement onto this planet. Even the Hebrew people in Israel are beginning to understand that we are living in the last days as described in the Old and New Testement. Many Jewish people are now looking for their long promised Messiah. And soon they will discover that Jesus Christ is their Savior and Messiah they have been waiting for. And don't forget that it is Jesus Himself who said at the end of the Book of Revelation that He is Coming Soon

As a Christian believer, are you prepared to face Jesus at the Judgement Seat of Christ ? Which will happen right after the believers rapture escape from this world, this being before God begins His Tribulation Judgements. Jesus will ask you how you spent your earthly life. Did you spend your life serving Him or yourself ?

You see my friends, we really are living in the " last days " and yes Jesus could come back anytime now. But are you really ready to face Him at the Bema Judgement where He will review your life. You see, how you will spend all of eternity in heaven will depend completely on how you lived your life here on earth. Jesus has given you a life to live, with Time, Talents and Resources that He has given you. Did you spend all that Jesus has given you on yourself, or did you invest what He has given you in serving Jesus so that you will be Rewarded in Heaven ?

Think about this, one day soon you will be taken up into Heaven when the " rapture" happens, and then the next moment you will be facing Jesus Christ himself. He will look right into your eyes and simply ask you what you did for Him with your life on earth. What are you going to tell Him ? That you were too busy taking care of your own interests during your earthly life, or will you tell Him that you stepped out in Faith and answered His calling in your life and served Him for His Eternal Glory ?

That day is coming very soon, and all of us Christians will be accountable to Jesus for how we spent our earthly lives. Did you invest in Eternal Wealth, or in earthly wealth ? Will you hear Jesus say " well done, thy good and faithful servant " ? The choice is yours !!!

Rosebudlr Guest

Amen!

how you will spend all of eternity in heaven will depend completely on how you lived your life here on earth
    How will we spend eternity in heaven?
    It seems to me that the lowliest place in heaven is way more than any of us deserve.
    Perhaps I simply misunderstood the above statement, please clarify.

bball39 Guest

Amen brother. We need to be living our life for Jesus Christ. We need to be witnessing to the lost before it's to lost. We need to be focused on heavenly things not worldly things. We are going home soon and we see Jesus! I love Jesus more than anything else and can't wait to see my Lord and Savior! Even though we're persecuted in this life and have bodily pains, in heaven all pains and suffering will go away! We will be with Jesus!

Great post. Thanks for sharing.
    "The God of Angel armies is always by my side!"~Chris Tomlin

Christina Guest

I'm ready Lord, come and get us!!

Very sobering post. Thank you. I have been dwelling on this alot lately. I try to be honest with myself when I put myself under the scope. There is NO way I have done near what I could have if I had totally surrenderd my life to Him. I have tried, though, to be a good witness to friends, @ work, and with all the kids I have coached in various sports throughout my life. Still....when I think of maybe having been a missionary or something of the sort, I can get down on myself. I pray the Lord will have mercy upon me for my stubborn disobedience. I know I am saved, I live with conviction in so many areas that I sometimes find myself praying CONSTANTLY throughout the day, and night. I long to see Him and to be free of this sin nature.....but I will never give up the fight. Praise, honor, and glory be to the Lord.
    2 Samuel 22:33
    God is my strength and my power; He maketh my way perfect.

USMC

Magog Guest

OK, stupid question time, and I am not asking this to be stupid, I am asking this because I simply don't know the answer. What if I'm not good at witnessing? I have tried, and I am just not that good at it. I have prayed about it, and read the Bible, to no avail. What else can I do? Are there other things I can be doing for Him? How do we "Live our lives for Jesus" if we aren't witnessing? I don't want to disappoint Him, and I don't know what else to do other than keep looking for Him to call us home.

WalkTheLine Guest

glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    OK, stupid question time, and I am not asking this to be stupid, I am asking this because I simply don't know the answer. What if I'm not good at witnessing? I have tried, and I am just not that good at it. I have prayed about it, and read the Bible, to no avail. What else can I do? Are there other things I can be doing for Him? How do we "Live our lives for Jesus" if we aren't witnessing? I don't want to disappoint Him, and I don't know what else to do other than keep looking for Him to call us home.

Same here. I'm a lousy witnesser, too.

“God is right here, right now, ready to trade your burden for peace. Not just a little peace, but because of His amazing grace, complete peace. If you want your family to trust you, you’ve got to show them whom you trust.”—Tess on “Touched by an Angel”

WalkTheLine Guest

There are so many things God can do through you. You can serve the local body by helping at the church. Minister to your neighbors just by being kind and showing the practical love of God to them, prayer is always awesome. A witness only tells someone what they have first hand knowledge of, so stick with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    I'll take a stab...

We can witness also by giving, helping, loving and encouraging. Jesus gave us all differnent gifts. Use the ones He gave you.

You can have influence on others without ever opening your mouth.

You can pray for God's kingdom to come.

You can share what you have with others.

you can teach in Sunday School or work in the nursery.

You can clean the church.

Lots of ways to serve our Lord!

A couple of other thoughts.

Do not bury the gifts he gave you...invest them in others.

Also build on the firm foundation of Jesus using Gold, silver and precious gems and not with wood, hay and stuble. In other words build with quality. Do your very best and base it on the Word of God.

Mishkins Guest

Cross

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Rich View Post
    Quite a bold statement isn't it, to say that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is coming back soon. Bible Prophecy and current world events are all pointing towards the soon return of Jesus Christ to bring Judgement onto this planet. Even the Hebrew people in Israel are beginning to understand that we are living in the last days as described in the Old and New Testement. Many Jewish people are now looking for their long promised Messiah. And soon they will discover that Jesus Christ is their Savior and Messiah they have been waiting for. And don't forget that it is Jesus Himself who said at the end of the Book of Revelation that He is Coming Soon

As a Christian believer, are you prepared to face Jesus at the Judgement Seat of Christ ? Which will happen right after the believers rapture escape from this world, this being before God begins His Tribulation Judgements. Jesus will ask you how you spent your earthly life. Did you spend your life serving Him or yourself ?

You see my friends, we really are living in the " last days " and yes Jesus could come back anytime now. But are you really ready to face Him at the Bema Judgement where He will review your life. You see, how you will spend all of eternity in heaven will depend completely on how you lived your life here on earth. Jesus has given you a life to live, with Time, Talents and Resources that He has given you. Did you spend all that Jesus has given you on yourself, or did you invest what He has given you in serving Jesus so that you will be Rewarded in Heaven ?

Think about this, one day soon you will be taken up into Heaven when the " rapture" happens, and then the next moment you will be facing Jesus Christ himself. He will look right into your eyes and simply ask you what you did for Him with your life on earth. What are you going to tell Him ? That you were too busy taking care of your own interests during your earthly life, or will you tell Him that you stepped out in Faith and answered His calling in your life and served Him for His Eternal Glory ?

That day is coming very soon, and all of us Christians will be accountable to Jesus for how we spent our earthly lives. Did you invest in Eternal Wealth, or in earthly wealth ? Will you hear Jesus say " well done, thy good and faithful servant " ? The choice is yours !!!
    Whilst I appreciate and understand where you're coming from the truth of the matter is we all have sin in our lives. I think even though we have confessed this sin and repented of it - it still bears consequences. I guess we will need to declare this also? We cannot undo what's been done even though we have been washed clean. So how could we stand before Jesus and say that we have spent our lives serving him faithfully when for many people a lot of their lives may have been spent reaping undesirable fruits rather than good ones? What about the Saved Christian who may have only recently come fully to Christ? If I am completely honest with myself I know clearly there have been times where I have put myself or another person first. I suppose there will be some tears at the judgement seat? So I suppose what I am trying to say here is I would love to hear "well done good and faithful servant" - but what about the times we haven't been such a good and faithful servant? Just a question.

He forgives us if we have repentant hearts. And it's never too late to serve Him.
    The joy of the Lord is my strength

Quote Originally Posted by Mishkins View Post
    Whilst I appreciate and understand where you're coming from the truth of the matter is we all have sin in our lives. I think even though we have confessed this sin and repented of it - it still bears consequences. I guess we will need to declare this also? We cannot undo what's been done even though we have been washed clean. So how could we stand before Jesus and say that we have spent our lives serving him faithfully when for many people a lot of their lives may have been spent reaping undesirable fruits rather than good ones? What about the Saved Christian who may have only recently come fully to Christ? If I am completely honest with myself I know clearly there have been times where I have put myself or another person first. I suppose there will be some tears at the judgement seat? So I suppose what I am trying to say here is I would love to hear "well done good and faithful servant" - but what about the times we haven't been such a good and faithful servant? Just a question.
    It will burn up since it is of wood hay and stuble. I hope to have at least some work survive when I have built with gold, silver and gems on occasion.

"Be Holy for I am Holy"

Gary's exortation was excellent. I love the challenge.

We are to run the race with endurance and not let the sins of our life defeat or weaken us.

Hebrews 12:1

His Bride Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WVBORN56 View Post
    It will burn up since it is of wood hay and stuble. I hope to have at least some work survive when I have built with gold, silver and gems on occasion.

"Be Holy for I am Holy"

Gary's exortation was excellent. I love the challenge.

We are to run the race with endurance and not let the sins of our life defeat or weaken us.

Hebrews 12:1
    It was a wonderful post. We sometimes need to read hard things to see where we are in our lives devoted to Him. I appreciate this post!

GOD'S GIRL!! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mishkins View Post

Hey Mishkins! You have the REST of you life or till the rapture comes to be a "Good and Faithful Servant!!!"

Think back all the sinful things you have done. With each one you think of ...say a prayer asking God to forgive you for doing.....

That's why Jesus died on the cross for our sins! They were nailed to the cross over 2,000 years ago!!! He made a way for us to START OVER, to be born again. The old life is past and gone. The new life is the beginning of a whole new start. So Mishkins, each day draw closer to God. We all need to work on our relations with God! We will never reach a plateau. Strive from this day forward to live a life so you will hear "Well done thay good and faithful servant!" You don't have to have spent a lifetime of faithfulness to hear that!!!

Put God first in your life. Read you Bible. Pray, having a quiet time just talking to God. And, serve Him at church and everyday in all things you do and say!!!

ChristIsKing2008 Guest

This is in line with what I saw recently, a video about Satan's strategies to keep us busy and away from Jesus. Its on Facebook, under "Causes".

Heres a link: http://media.causes.com/562124?p_id=31965711

Please watch this. Its an important message

As for witnessing, I believe the best way is for us to live lives devoted to Christ and to make Him Lord of our life, and then people will see we are different and ask questions. Somewhere in 1 Peter it talks about being prepared to give an answer for those who ask us for the hope we have, and the verse before that says "in your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord". So if we do that, people will be curious and ask us questions.

Lainy68 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WalkTheLine View Post
    There are so many things God can do through you. You can serve the local body by helping at the church. Minister to your neighbors just by being kind and showing the practical love of God to them, prayer is always awesome. A witness only tells someone what they have first hand knowledge of, so stick with that.
    Thank you.