Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

My mom had a stroke....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom had a stroke....

Now you would think I would put this in the prayer request section....and normally I would, but so much has happened the last few days the computer was the last thing on my mind.

My mom went on vacation to seattle from oklahoma 2 weeks ago. She was supposed to be home Tuesday evening. My dad went to pick her up from the airport Tuesday and waited and waited for her to come off the plane. She never got off the plane. Her bags did but she did not. So he went to the little office place at baggage claim only to find out that there was a medical emergency in Dallas, where her connecting flight to Tulsa was. He got a hold of the Dallas hospital and found out that mom had had a stroke on the plane.

That was all I knew yesterday morning at 8am when my grannie came to tell me at work. By 1pm the tube they had in her throat was out and she was able to move her legs and her hands and squeeze as well.

This morning when I talked to dad mom was talking a lot more, she even told him to tell me that she is doing ok. They moved her out of the ICU to PCU and hopefully will be able to come home sometime next week.

The dr's are amazed at her recovery and they are saying that she probably had the stroke close to landing so she was able to get help with minimum side effects.

My brother will be flying in saturday and i took the day off in case he wanted to go to dallas and see our mom.

I'll be calling dad in the morning to get another update. Im guessing nothing has changed or he would call me.

So glad to hear she is doing well, and hopefully, she won't suffer any lasting damage. Will keep all of you in my prayers as she recovers and comes home...........

Comment

Thank you kathymendel. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow to get my mind off of it and away from my forever ringing phone. I am very thankful tho that I do have friends that have made sure I haven't been alone, and have made sure my girls and I are are doing at least OK.

Comment

Oh wow! I'm glad she's doing ok now. Do you know which side of the brain was affected? In 2012 my mom had a stroke on the left side of her brain and now she's partially paralyzed on the right side of her body.

If I can give you some advice. Watch her moods. Stroke patients can be very emotional afterwards and suffer with depression. I pray that doesn't happen to your mama.

Hang in there.

Comment

Comment

Koalie Iím not sure. Never even thought to ask my dad that. I was worried more about a brain aneurism. They run in my family. She is talking and moving and I even got done texting her a little bit ago. They are going to put a stint in her heart today to keep her from having more strokes

Comment

I pray that the surgery goes good and the stint does what it's suppose to do.

Strokes are scary! I honestly didn't know what exactly happens with a stroke until my mom had one.

Comment

Praying and thanking God
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Ok so when I talked to my mom she was a little confused. They arenít putting a stint in. They did an angiogram. Which came back clear. Dad is waiting to talk to the neurologist and hoping to be able to come home today. They will do a bypass sometime in the next year I guess? I donít think I really will have all the info until they can get home and dad can explain it all to me.

Im so thankful that they are expecting a full recovery tho. God is good.

Comment

Comment

They are on their way home Thank you to my SIC and BIC. I got to even verbally talk to her.. She sounded just like my mom only without sleep. Im going to let her and dad rest tonight but i will be over there in the morning to see them both.

Comment

Praying.
                        And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                        Romans 11:6

Comment

Glad your Mom is doing so well after having a stroke. Praise God!!!!
                          Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

I got to see her today. She looks good. Other then the left side of her mouth you wouldnít even know anything happened. I asked how she was doing and she said she has to think harder and it feels like her brain is working faster then her mouth and she tired easily she is doing good. Iím so happy everything turned out good and singing praises today

Comment

There are so many smiley characters but I didn't see a prayer one. So I'm saying, you all are in my prayers. God bless and keep your mom.

Comment

Working...
                              X