Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Pale Blue Dot and our awesome God!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pale Blue Dot and our awesome God!

Some time ago I posted a link to the Louie Giglio tour, indescribable (in Christian chat) If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it! I have cried at the immenseness and love of our God everytime I've watched it! I praise God for it, for many times it has helped me get things in perspective. Sometime when we're on here and watching all the world events,we loose sight of the God that is coming back for us. How much control He really has. This link will remove any doubts about His sovereignty and will help you understand just how much He loves you! It takes my breath away and humbles me beyond believe. It fills me with so much reverence and love for my beautiful creator! He surely does deserve all our praises

One of the photos shown is a famous one called the Pale blue dot, and I just wanted to add it here as a praise to God. If its the only one you see its enough!( the tiny blue dot in the redish ray is earth, click on picture to enlarge) To think that the vastness of our God has stooped so low to stand on this dot, and that He will do it yet again, blows my mind!!! Thank you my precious Lord, we are so unworthy of such grace!!

The photograph was taken 14th Feb 1990 from Voyager1 and its from 4.0 million miles away! We only see the dot because of the ray of light (somehow I don't see this being just by chance God wanted us to see it!) Carl Sagan wrote this about it. While I agree with most of what he says, I know he's wrong about one part!!!

Carl Sagan ~

We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

"The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

"Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

"Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us
    "

Thats so not true!!!!!! Hallelujah!! Help is coming!! The Creator of it all is coming!!! He has already saved us from ourselves!!! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!

http://268generation.com/videoplayer...de1&quality=hi Louie Giglio link!
    Last edited by AllforHim; August 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM.

I'm watching this right now,my spirit stirred so deeply at the image of a cross in that photograph that was sent back by NASA,31 million light years away,deep in the core of the Whirlpool galaxy(they call it the "X structure".

No matter how far our telescopes may ever be able to go,it will always show that the heavens do indeed declare the glory of our Lord,and no matter how far out they can ever be able to go-it still all comes back to the Cross,and what the God of the universe did for us there.

Psalm 8:1
    "O Lord,our Lord,how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

Comment

The cross at the end is breath taking!! I know its coming now and it still makes me gasp each time!! To think that its been there from the dawn of creation, and God has been waiting for us to be able to make a telescope able to see it!! Talk about signs and wonders in the heavens!! Thank you Lord!!

Comment

:wha Wow I'm Speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've just been staring at the picture of "the pale blue dot" and thinking that, as with all lies of Satan, there is some truth in the rantings of a man like Carl Sagan. We truly do seem so tiny and helpless and alone in a vast, cold, uncaring universe without end. That small dot suspended in a beam of light does for all the world look like a dust mote, worthless, puny and insignificant in the grant scheme of things.

But according to Carl Sagan, there IS no "grand scheme of things" because there is no God and therefore no meaning to any of it apart from that which WE give to existence. How foolish he is.

But thanks be to God that He IS alive, He IS with every believer in a personal and loving way, or such words as Carl Sagan has spoken would drive a person to but one conclusion-that the totality of human life with all those many hopes and dreams and experiences down through the millennia ultimately means nothing.
          Thanks be to God that Jesus Christ DID visit this planet and proved His loving care and wonderful plans for a future for us!
          Thank You, Lord, that this is NOT all there is!
          Thank You that there is new life in You!

In that picture, I see Your presence surrounding that "pale blue dot", protecting and keeping it!

AllforHim, awesome thread and links, thanks for the reminder to praise Him!!

Comment

AllforHim, I finally just watched this.

I was blown away and weeping by the end.

Thank you sooooo much for posting this incredible video.

Comment

Your very welcome! I have it in my favorites and I watch it maybe once a month. It sure gets everything in perspective We serve an awesome God!! Hallelujah!!

Comment

I'm definitely going to watch the video!
                One of the most mind-blowing things that we did as a family this year on vacation, was go to an observatory and see the stars and galaxies so far away that it was difficult to calculate the distance.
                My hubby is as yet still an unbeliever, and as we were looking through the huge telescopes, there was this galaxy that formed a perfect oval of stars! perfect...and trillions and trillions of light years away from us!

I was so totally awestruck! Who couldn't believe in our awesome Creator after seeing such a sight! And we saw saturn up close with it's ring, and Jupiter with it's four moons in sight! Phenomenal! I gained a new and inspired view of our Lord that night.

Comment

A Heartfelt Thank You

I absolutely loved the presentation of God's Awesome might! There really are no words. . . .

"Holy,, holy, hoy
                  is the Lord God Almighty,
                  who was, and is, and is to
                  come."

Comment

Yip it sure goes your soul good to watch it Theres not much to say afterwards

Comment

Bump

Comment

Glad you bumped this AllforHim. It is soooo worth watching and I forwarded the link around... everyone loved it.

Comment

No words......I'm just giggling like a little kid with tears streaming down my face!!! What an AWESOME GOD we serve!!!
                          Last edited by Patti311; September 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM.
                          "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it! I love it too! Praying that every one will take the time to watch it, its mind blowing!!

Comment

AllforHim, I watched it and wept with amazement over our God who cares so very much to show off for us! Then I sent the link to all my friends! Thanks so much for recommending this, and if you come across anything similar, please share!
                              ysic~A

Comment

Working...
                              X