X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember His Words!!

Remember His Words!!
    By: Maxine M.

The women at the tomb on Resurrection morning were confronted by two angels in white
    Asking, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He has risen”, by the Father’s might
    Remember His words of how He must be crucified and rise again; in this, all followers will delight

When they remembered His words there was a calming of their emotional plight
    Because He had said “I’m the resurrection and the life”, what that meant many questions would invite
    And just as they considered this situation, He appeared in their very sight

The words He spoke then would not be forgotten the rest of their days
    When He left, the Holy Spirit would come…a promise that would totally amaze
    His words of “PEACE” I leave you”…that sweet calming assurance we experience in genuine praise

Now into every life, stress & problems are given, trouble of every kind
    Many people are lonely and feel totally unloved; to a dismal future they are resigned
    But if they remember the words recorded in John 3:16, a heartwarming day they’d find

Even as He prepared to go back to the Father, His words were “I’ll never leave you alone”
    The Holy Spirit would come as a Comforter and quietly indwell those who are His own
    Thus we are never truly alone…remember His promises are set in stone

But perhaps something has you upset & angry, be it someone’s words or deeds done
    Your spirit is enraged, muscles tense, maybe a physical illness has begun
    But Jesus’ words were “Love one another”, reflecting the love God has for His Son

But Satan is quick to throw cold water on that thought…its healing balm devour
    Because love isn’t possible without forgiveness, even for those considered an enemy of ours
    His words “love your enemies” and “forgive & you’ll be forgiven” MUST be remembered in our dark hours

His declaration was “GO & TELL”; tell how much He loves every soul…as His cruel death displayed
    He proved His unconditional love wasn’t just words, but the Father’s plan He fully obeyed
    Tell them, by His resurrection, we too will rise to eternal life from the grave we’ve been laid

You’re having a hard financial time, bankruptcy & homelessness loom
    Stocks failed, job lost, future bleak, nothing now appears as you once would assume
    Remember His words, “I go to prepare a place for YOU”, so eventually a happy existence we’ll resume

His words warned “Don’t layup treasure on earth” where thieves break in and steal
    Layup treasure in Heaven, don’t worry about money, He knows how your problems feel
    Ask, seek, knock, it will be given, for He hears our genuine heartfelt appeal

We live in very confusing times, as did many generations that lived before us
    Whom can you believe? Lies are rampant, theories are argued, daily our leaders discuss
    Hearts & consciences are hardened and the watering down of religion, for Satan, is a plus

He spreads worry and doubt about what the coming days & years really have in store
    But remember Jesus’ words that many deceivers would come, nations at war
    Famine, earthquakes, trouble, but still the Gospel message people will ignore

They’ve turned their backs, disrespect His Commandments, give only “lip service” at best
    Any time His name is mentioned, it sparks all kinds of protest
    The comfort and relief found in His words, they refuse to invest

Please recall His promise of COMING BACK for His own BEFORE the antiChrist is revealed
    At the sound of the trumpet, all those IN CHRIST will rise to meet Him, their eternal future sealed
    As their faith in Him, by His death & resurrection, sin’s curse is now repealed

So today, when a new stress begins, raising its irritating head
    And it appears you should just turn around and go back to bed
    But you KNOW you must deal with where yesterday’s mistakes have led

Open your Bible, tell the Father your needs and cares & worries will be shed
    Then spend some QUALITY, quiet time of simply LISTENING instead
    Throughout the day the Holy Spirit will bring to mind the words Jesus said
    sigpicAll poems/prose I post are written by my mom, Maxine M. (Pictured) ...given to her from our Lord. May they bless and encourage all who read. Please feel free to share them with anyone!
    YSIC
    Judy for Jesus
Working...
X