Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does God Care About Me?

Hi y'all! I miss everyone!

A few days ago I was reflecting on just a few of the issues facing women and I wrote this. It's a fictitious account, but I think it's accurate.

Does God Care About Me?

I’m so alone. I have 4,329 “friends” but they reside in my phone. I’m starting to think they’re figments of the virtual world, which plays out between Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. My friends are doing so much better than I am. They always post how great their lives are. Me, on the other hand…not so much. Last night my car broke down in the seedy part of town and when I picked up my phone to call a friend for help, I couldn’t think of any.

Does God Care About Me?

I haven’t eaten today, and it’s 3PM. My ravenous belly aches from hunger. I press my folded forearms into my stomach to quiet the roars. Twenty feet from me is a fridge and pantry bursting with delicious food. But I can’t eat. The moment I break down and stuff that first morsel into my mouth, the dam will burst and my body will be flooded with the enemy food. And then will come the extra girth and its accompanying invisibility, irrelevance, and obscurity.

Does God Care About Me?

My money’s run out. Seems strange because I work all the time. But as soon as payday rolls around, so do the bill collectors. The money’s gone as soon as it was deposited. “Payday” should be called “Money Transfer Day,” but it’s sure not transferring into my account. On top of that, the kids are hungry, the credit cards are maxed, and I need to figure out how to make a box of Cheerios and a bag of brown sugar last two weeks.

Does God Care About Me?

Last night I talked to Jesus. I could see Him; it was strange. I asked Him the burning question: “Do You Care About Me?”

He shook His head and sighed. “Of course. But the better question is, Why didn’t you do it My way?”

He gently but firmly grasped my shoulder and guided my gaze to a vision of me. A better me in a better life. I cried.

“Jesus, why are You showing me this?”

His eyes pierced mine. “This is my Way. It’s all spelled out for you, you’ve just ignored it. You’ve been floating through life and you’ve no idea what you’re doing. My daughter, do it My way instead. Seek Me and you will find Me.

And darling, I show you because I, God, care about you.”

There's more stuff like this at ComingChristmovie.com. Thanks for reading!
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Thank you for posting this, Diane. And may God be blessing the work you are doing on the movie!

I'm sure there are many who read this and can relate, but don't want to post out of shame. But they just need to call out to Jesus for forgiveness and give their life to Him in complete surrender to His plans, and He will make 'diamonds out of dust'. The shame will be gone, if not immediately, then God will gently lead them through to a point of erasing the pain and shame later. God has a wonderful way of forgiving and healing.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Thank you for posting this, Diane. And may God be blessing the work you are doing on the movie!

I'm sure there are many who read this and can relate, but don't want to post out of shame. But they just need to call out to Jesus for forgiveness and give their life to Him in complete surrender to His plans, and He will make 'diamonds out of dust'. The shame will be gone, if not immediately, then God will gently lead them through to a point of erasing the pain and shame later. God has a wonderful way of forgiving and healing.
      Hey lady! Things are going great! Thank you so much for mentioning it!

It hurts my heart when so many suffer from doing things their own way instead of Jesus'. The darkest time in my life was when I walked off God's path - as a Christian - and did things my way. For about a year, I suffered immensely. My husband and I divorced (we remarried later, yay!) due to great sin and I got so low in life, I was almost 100 pounds. Terrible, terrible times...all due to doing things my own way.

Diane
      Diane
      Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

Psalm 139

1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
        2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.
        3 You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.
        4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
        5 You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.
        6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.
        7 Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?
        8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
        9 If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
        10 even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
        11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,"
        12 even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.
        13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
        14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
        15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
        16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
        17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
        18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.

This is the English Srandard Version.

I love this Psalm. I am posting it here to encourage anyone who doubts that God loves them. God loves each person so much that He was intentional in creating each of us, and intentional about planning our future. Each of us is important to His plan!
        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

poc4dw

You seem like a very lovely, thoughtful and caring woman. I also write from time to time, mostly for my family, but I have shared on the board a couple of times.

There's one thing in this writing that makes me uncomfortable. But, first let me describe an experience I had in the late '90's (as briefly as I can.)

About that time, I had "come back to Jesus" and was seeking a fuller more spirit-filled life. My old college room-mate and I spent some time together. She had also been brought up in a Southern Baptist Church and had also returned to her faith. She recommended a book, so I bought it. I really loved it. It was written as if Christ wrote the book. It had a lot of encouraging "messages" and it felt like it had been written to me. Not long after, I even wrote a short poem, and you may have guessed, I wrote it as if Christ was reciting the poem.

Well, it turns out this was just a stepping stone to much worse. My friend was involved with Mike Bickle's, IHOP in Kansas City and also YWAM (at the time I had no idea about these groups). She kept feeding me materials. I even went to the 24/7 prayer room. Then I went with her to India for about a month. She introduced me to many seductive heresies. And I do mean seductive. Visualization was one of them. Visualizing Jesus. Looking back I am frightened at how close I came to being fully indoctrinated into these strange doctrines.

I thank God that he started ringing alarm bells - especially concerning the fact that they thought it was OK for a prophet to be wrong sometimes. I could say more about those times, but I want to emphasize that it took YEARS for me to study and put this all behind me! Painful years! I didn't know which way was up and which was down, biblically. I can now look back and see that God turned this all for good - I became more discerning and have been able to warn others from these practices.

And so now, as tenderly as I can, I ask you, is it necessary to show a supernatural visitation from Jesus? That is not the normative experience.

In peace,
          Trust&Obey
          John 14:6
          Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

Working...
          X