Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Women's Bible Study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Bible Study

I facilitate a women's Bible study on Sunday mornings at Church, can anyone recommend a study that would fill approximately 45 minutes, as some of the members are also in the choir. We don't necessarily need a video although we have used videos in the pass & are finishing up a study that we have been on for several months. The ladies are wanting something where there is a accountability for lessons during the week, where there is " homework" that will be apart of the discussion on Sunday mornings. Any suggestions would be appreciated at this time.
    Neither will their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth. Zephaniah 1:18

I don't know if there is an actual bible study available to go with it, but have you considered one of Anne Voskamp's books for a ladies' study? They are excellent and speak to womens' hearts. You might look into it..........

Comment

There is a thread in the Apostasy section with concerns about Ann Voskamp. I would steer clear of her, if you don't mind my saying so.

I think there's danger in using packaged women's Bible studies. There's no substitute for simply going through verse by verse, chapter by chapter, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Accepted View Post
        There is a thread in the Apostasy section with concerns about Ann Voskamp. I would steer clear of her, if you don't mind my saying so.

I think there's danger in using packaged women's Bible studies. There's no substitute for simply going through verse by verse, chapter by chapter, in my opinion.
        I couldn't agree more. It's beyond me why, in the last several years, women's studies at churches have, for the most part, become very lightweight doctrinally speaking, or else filled with outright apostasy. I agree: teach the Bible, skip the DVD driven, workbook-based studies. It's time that Christian women asked for and received some solid meat teaching at our studies.
        sigpic
        -Lynn

Comment

We've been going through 1 Tim and our leader is using a Kay Arthur book. She (the leader) gives us questions to consider while we are reading. I am assuming the questions come from the book. Then we read and discuss the passage together. We have gotten into some pretty good discussions.
          Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
            We've been going through 1 Tim and our leader is using a Kay Arthur book. She (the leader) gives us questions to consider while we are reading. I am assuming the questions come from the book. Then we read and discuss the passage together. We have gotten into some pretty good discussions.
            In my experience, Kay Arthur and her Precepts Ministries are very faithful. It's more just looking deeply at Scripture rather than wrapping up a neat little opinion package and marketing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Accepted View Post
              In my experience, Kay Arthur and her Precepts Ministries are very faithful. It's more just looking deeply at Scripture rather than wrapping up a neat little opinion package and marketing it.
              That's been my experience with this study.
              Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

Working...
              X