No announcement yet.

Any other doll collectors here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make reborn babies~~I have been doing this art form for 10 years and I adore it
    Below is a favorite of mine
    I would love to have BJD in my collection at some point too!

Hair is rooted in with a needle a couple of hairs at a time...very hard on my thumb now so I mostly paint hair on

I also collect Himstedt dolls I have narrowed it down to 4 from my original 12 though
    Last edited by Amazin Grace; October 20th, 2016, 12:21 PM. Reason: Trouble adding photos :P

Comment

Originally posted by Amazin Grace View Post
      I make reborn babies~~I have been doing this art form for 10 years and I adore it
      Below is a favorite of mine
      I would love to have BJD in my collection at some point too!

Hair is rooted in with a needle a couple of hairs at a time...very hard on my thumb now so I mostly paint hair on

I also collect Himstedt dolls I have narrowed it down to 4 from my original 12 though

Awwww! They are so precious, all of them!

Did you paint/root all of them yourself? The baby in your picture, just an excellent job rooting! I can't imagine how difficult and tedious that process must be. I prefer my babies rooted though as to painted hair.

Do you do them and sell to others or do you just make them for yourself?

I wish I had the talent to do it. I have my very own collection now though. Love them! It's kind of like being a kid again. They are so much fun to cuddle, dress, do their hair. I recently got a silicone one, which will most likely be the ONLY full body silicone one I will ever get as they are so expensive.

I was paying on that doll for MONTHS! Got to say though, she is amazing!

Edit: Wish I knew how to post pictures here. I'd show you some of mine.

Comment

Hi Tiffany~I did paint them and root them although I find myself painting hair now more than rooting. My thumb has paid a big price after years of stabbing thousands of hairs into the doll's heads,lol

I do sell them but keep a doll here and there for myself

I would love a FBS from one of the big name sculptors~have you seen Linda Moore's silicones? Oh my goodness...stunning!

What silicone did you get??

Comment

Originally posted by Amazin Grace View Post
          Hi Tiffany~I did paint them and root them although I find myself painting hair now more than rooting. My thumb has paid a big price after years of stabbing thousands of hairs into the doll's heads,lol

I do sell them but keep a doll here and there for myself

I would love a FBS from one of the big name sculptors~have you seen Linda Moore's silicones? Oh my goodness...stunning!

What silicone did you get??
          I'll bet that rooting is difficult on both hands, fingers, and wrists too! I have so much admiration for the artists. Can't imagine how they (you) must to it, to paint layer upon layer like you do and get the babies to look so real. I know some find it creepy (my daughter does lol) but I truly think it's amazing and an art form that requires so much talent.

If you are really involved into the dolly world, you might not like my silicone. She is Yala by Babyclon, so not a big name sculptor. Not a chance of me ever affording an LLE baby or a Romie baby (I do have an older partial Claire Taylor). I wish so bad though! I fell in love with Yala when I saw her listed, and the big thing... I could actually afford the price the seller was asking for her (it wasn't from Babyclon direct and I didn't find out until later about all the controversy surrounding them). Tell you what though, I absolutely love her! She is so squishy and cuddly, feels so real.

I don't think I've heard of Linda Moore but I'll look her up!

God Bless! Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
          X