No announcement yet.

Dieting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a cancer survivor, I went to a nutritionist and she gave me some great advice. She told me to stay away from anything that has a label- that is packaged or in a can. That leaves fresh food. I didn't have to count calories or carbs...basically God has packaged the food as he intended........
    I try to follow this, too. It's so hard! So much good junk food surrounds us.

I'm 39, 5'3", 130lbs. I'm overweight for my height.

I've battled many eating disorders and compulsive exercise issues since my teenage years. It hasn't been fun.

God helps me with my body image issues, but it's a continual struggle. I hope to be free from it in this lifetime, and eagerly await the New Earth when both my mind and body will be free of this burden that a lot of women seem to carry.

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

Google "fear of hunger"
      I found some interesting reads.
      The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

Google "fear of hunger"
        I found some interesting reads
        I didn't google it but somewhat understand the concept. I guess people are afraid of hunger because they're afraid they'll pass out from lack of food. I found this to be untrue when doing a week-long fast. It was hard but I was able to last much longer than I thought.

At any rate, the older I get, the harder it is to lose/maintain weight...and it seems especially difficult for women. Unfair!! :

Diane
        Diane
        Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

Originally posted by poc4dw View Post
          I didn't google it but somewhat understand the concept. I guess people are afraid of hunger because they're afraid they'll pass out from lack of food. I found this to be untrue when doing a week-long fast. It was hard but I was able to last much longer than I thought.

At any rate, the older I get, the harder it is to lose/maintain weight...and it seems especially difficult for women. Unfair!! :

Diane
          There's also a need to eat depending on the level of activity one performes.

I've seen better weight loss results when I eat back some of my workout calories as opposed to not eating back any.
          Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
            There's also a need to eat depending on the level of activity one performes.

I've seen better weight loss results when I eat back some of my workout calories as opposed to not eating back any.
            Yes, and refueling with the right foods after a workout...I always eat simple carbohydrates after a workout.
            I hiked in rugged terrain yesterday for 5 hours. Had an orange chicken salad for dinner and I was up at 3:30 a.m. with hunger pains. Totally didn't have enough carbs!

I really enjoy food so I've got to be committed to staying active, otherwise I gain a few pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
              Yes, and refueling with the right foods after a workout...I always eat simple carbohydrates after a workout.
              I hiked in rugged terrain yesterday for 5 hours. Had an orange chicken salad for dinner and I was up at 3:30 a.m. with hunger pains. Totally didn't have enough carbs!

I really enjoy food so I've got to be committed to staying active, otherwise I gain a few pounds.
              Lord has me in a amazing balance of making sure I keep a balance.

I like food. But we have a long history of diabetes in my family that always became active immediately once someone became dormant. Wasn't the kind of food but always tied into slothfullness.
              Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                Lord has me in a amazing balance of making sure I keep a balance.

I like food. But we have a long history of diabetes in my family that always became active immediately once someone became dormant. Wasn't the kind of food but always tied into slothfullness.
                That's good that you know the history and the pattern and what you need to do to avoid diabetes.

I definitely don't lead a sedentary lifestyle either! There's too many chores to do and roads to bike, mountains to hike and ski trails to blaze. Plus, I've never been medically diagnosed with ADD but I think I have it. I always gotta go go go.

Comment

Working...
                X