Home remedies??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Burnt your dinner on the bottom of the pot? Get as much as the food out of pot as possible, put some vinegar in there and get it to boiling. The burnt stuff that would otherwise be nearly impossible to clean off the bottom of the pot will come right off and you can then wash the pot...
    Soon after reading this post by TT (even though it was posted four years ago), I tried the suggestion he made, and it works!!!
    Wish I had known of this bit of wisdom many years ago, as I have even thrown away a pot that I couldn't get clean. Since reading about it on here last week, I have used boiling
    vinegar twice to clean burned pots. (Sometimes I get busy and 'forget')
    sigpic
    -Lynn

Comment

I get canker sores frequently (I have figured out that they are hormone related). I use tea tree oil and it works okay if I catch them early. I will have to try the hydrogen peroxide.
      Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

Did I read it here or somewhere else? For cough mixture that really works: 1 part vodka, 1 part lemon juice, 1 part honey (manuka if you can) Tried it when DH had a bad cough & it was really soothing....make sure you use teaspoon to measure so as not to have too much alcohol in case you are driving!
        For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
        Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

Has anyone here ever heard of "mustard plasters"? My mom used to slap them on me whenever a bad cold went down on my chest, and caused heavy phlegm and coughing. I don't know the amounts used, but it was a mixture of flour, dry mustard and a bit of water to form a paste. She would then put it on linen and fold it over and lay it on my chest for about ten minutes, turn me over and put it on my back for the same. When she removed it she would rub my chest with vicks vapor rub. And hour later she would do it again. It really worked......broke everything up and improvement would be quick.

Comment

Kathy I had heard of that old remedy from my Nana, but had no idea it worked! Reading through this thread just shows that people have used these tried & trusted remedies for years - our younger generation will lose the valuable wealth soon.
            Keeping on the subject of colds, when you have a sore throat that feels like broken glass, onion porrige is great:
            Thinly slice 6 large potatos, 8 large spanish onions (think you may call them white?) put them in a large soup pot with enough chicken or vegetable stock to cover, season & add a good lump of butter. Simmer till soft & then stir in 125grms of butter. The consistancy should be very thick, not watery. The onions really help a sore throat & it's really yummy. We often make it in the winter anyway.
            For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
            Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

peppermint!

If you have peppermint growing in your yard, or even have some leftover peppermint candies from Christmas, they are great for digestion issues. When I visited my brother in TX last year, he had peppermint growing in his yard. I took a bunch home with me. Peppermint, and/or peppermint leaves are great for indigestion, UTIs, nausea, headache, excessive gas, IBS, and for some, anxiety. I used it for motion sickness during the flights to and from TX, and it works great. You can make peppermint tea and it's also effective - and tasty!

Lavender is also effective at helping you relax and fall asleep. I have some lavender & vanilla lotion I apply to help me fall asleep easier.
              love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
              Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

Comment

Working...
              X