Home remedies??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home remedies??

Me and my momma are big fans of home remedies. Do y'all have any to share?

We have:

For hair shine: Pour apple cider vinegar in hair while in tub. Then rinse out.

For muscle soreness: Take a hot epsom salt bath.

For chapped lips: Make a paste of 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon brown sugar. Rub on lips for 1 min, then rinse off & follow with chapstick.

For lice: Green rubbing alcohol poured in hair, put on shower cap, let sit for an hour. Then wash out, use lice comb to get them out of hair. (Works wonders)

To get smooth legs: Shave them. Then mix 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 1/4 cups of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Rub on legs, shave off. Rinse legs. Rub on second coat (Feels like a massage). Then rinse off. Follow with lotion. (It's amazingg.)

For cracked, dry feet: Soak feet in hot water. Use scrub recipe above. Then rinse.

Hand scrub: This is kinda like Mary Kay's Satin Hands. Fill a jar 3/4 full of sugar. Then add pink Dawn soap. (The kind with Olay hand renewal) Stir together. Add sugar or soap until you get a paste-like consistency. (Not too runny, but just solid enough to be a good exfoliator)

Insomnia: Well.. This helps some people, but not me. Thought I'd add it anyways. All it is is taking a very hot bath right before bed.
    For me reading also helps to sleep. A few Psalms and a prayer, I'm usually ready for bed.

Soo anyone else a fan of home remedies? I'd love to hear what y'all have.
    PS Most of mine came from Pinterest or Google haha. But I swear by them!

OH YEAH!

For white nails: Ya know, like after you paint your nails green or red, you take off the polish and they are still stained.. Be sure to take off polish first! Then make a paste of 1 tablespoon peroxide and 2 1/4 tablespoon baking soda. Let this paste sit on nails for 5 minutes then remove. Boom! Stains gone!

Comment

For bug bites-- a paste made of baking soda and water. It can even be applied to a bandaid and then cover the bug bite.
      Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

No bug spray? Use a dryer sheet - rub on visible skin. Works just as well, and we live deeep in the woods :-)
        If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have charity, I am nothing. 1 Co 13:2

Comment

Get a paper cut?Instantly put alcohol on it and it will not be sore the next day.I do this all the time.It works!

Comment

Originally posted by KissyLoves View Post
            No bug spray? Use a dryer sheet - rub on visible skin. Works just as well, and we live deeep in the woods :-)
            I'll have to experiment with this one... Dryer sheets cost a lot less than bug spray right now...
            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Burnt your dinner on the bottom of the pot? Get as much as the food out of pot as possible, put some vinegar in there and get it to boiling. The burnt stuff that would otherwise be nearly impossible to clean off the bottom of the pot will come right off and you can then wash the pot and have a second chance with it to get the next batch of food right...

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                Burnt your dinner on the bottom of the pot? Get as much as the food out of pot as possible, put some vinegar in there and get it to boiling. The burnt stuff that would otherwise be nearly impossible to clean off the bottom of the pot will come right off and you can then wash the pot and have a second chance with it to get the next batch of food right...
                You were lured into the ladies forum! It happens!
                Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
                New International Version (1984)
                After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

a can of coca-cola works really well too.. never tried the vinegar before. My son accidentally turned the pot of rice I was cooking onto high instead of turning it off.. wow what a mess... we scrubbed and soaked that pot for four days. then heard about the coke and tried it... 15 minutes later that pot sparkled.

Comment

Originally posted by mbrown1219 View Post
                    You were lured into the ladies forum! It happens!
                    ACK!! I'd managed not to do that for a good while now... note to self: must look before I post...

3 trees

Comment

I'll have to experiment with this one... Dryer sheets cost a lot less than bug spray right now...

Well, you might smell so "pretty" we might not even notice you are here!
                      Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. (John 4:14)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Comment

Mayonaise works really good for dry hair. Just slather it on, and let sit while your in the bath.
                        Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. (John 4:14)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Comment

Originally posted by Windsong View Post
                          a can of coca-cola works really well too.. never tried the vinegar before. My son accidentally turned the pot of rice I was cooking onto high instead of turning it off.. wow what a mess... we scrubbed and soaked that pot for four days. then heard about the coke and tried it... 15 minutes later that pot sparkled.
                          Coca cola also works to get jet fuel out of clothes. I used to use it when my hubby was active duty in the USAF.
                          Make you wonder what it does to your stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by KissyLoves View Post
                            Oh wow!!! So glad to know this right before softball season. We had practice today and it was definitely muggy and buggy out! (I actually crunched down two gnats on accident...)

And I'll smell nice!!! Well, at least for the first part of practice.
                            How long, O Lord?

Comment

You need a machine gun to kill those mosquitoes that live in your territory.

Comment

Working...
                              X