High Tea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icebear View Post
    is it true that iced tea is also an anathema to Brits?
    Not sure about the Brits but the Aussie's love it. We have a speciality tea shop and some yummy teas for this are strawberry n cream, creme brulee (vanilla toffee flavour), lemon ginger, toffee. Spiced apple and many more that are made in a jug like a coffee plunger only with a basket thingy to hold the tea. It seals and can be stored in the fridge for days (without the basket of course).

Probably more than you really wanted to know about iced tea and us

Comment

In the south, if you get fast food, you will see two dispensers: Sweet Tea and Unsweet Tea.

Whoo, it is SWEET!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
      'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
      I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by icebear View Post
        i would love to partake in a Japanese tea ceremony with my husband
        I have participated in Japanese tea ceremonies in Kyoto and Tokyo. It is a very serene and calming experience. That is, IF you can stand to sit Japanese style on your legs for an hour!

I love high tea. I've gone many times with girlfriends and enjoyed it immensely. Unfortunately, the tea shops didn't make it in my area and are gone now. This thread is tempting me to host one at my house now

Comment

Originally posted by prairiedog
          Nope...we haven't been civilized yet.
          Lesson No. 1 in being civilized : Teabag tea. Do Not leave the bag in when drinking tea ............ erk!

Comment

I have done tea with my granddaughters when they were little. I bought hats for the girls and some clothes and jewelry for playing dress up. Since the girls had discriminating palate, I made ham and cheese sandwhiches and used cookie cutters to cut them into interesting shapes. I also served twinkies that I cut in half at an angle. Not exactly a proper tea, but it made for some fun memories.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
            I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
              I have done tea with my granddaughters when they were little. I bought hats for the girls and some clothes and jewelry for playing dress up. Since the girls had discriminating palate, I made ham and cheese sandwhiches and used cookie cutters to cut them into interesting shapes. I also served twinkies that I cut in half at an angle. Not exactly a proper tea, but it made for some fun memories.
              Used to make tea parties for my oldest granddaughters (now 12 and 13) so they could bring their teddy bear friends. Had forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah View Post
                I love a good afternoon tea! Although I usually prefer to bake from scratch, a good mix is Sticky Fingers Scone Mix, which comes in all sorts of varieties. Some Double Devon or Clotted Cream and jam with the scones (usually found in the refrigerated import dairy). Some savories such as tea sandwiches, mini quiches, etc. and a few sweets (as if the scones aren't sweet enough!) make it a perfect setup.

One of my favorite teas is Yorkshire Gold served with cream (or half and half) and sugar.
                I just starting drinking the Yorkshire Gold tea. Love it, just have a cup in the late afternoon instead of coffee. Hard to find here, so I searched ebay and found it. I'm kind of stuck on it now.... We lived in the UK for 3 yrs and loved going to have tea and scones, fresh strawaberries with that thick clotted cream. Oh yum. That was so much fun and great memories.

Comment

Working...
                X