No announcement yet.

Walmart Zombie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its like going through seed catalogs and trying to pick out one type of tomato to grow. it can't be done. you end up picking at least 5

Comment

I am not so sure we are zombies, rather in shock over the prices at Walmart and the grocery store. :suprised

Comment

Originally posted by fl2007rn View Post
        I am not so sure we are zombies, rather in shock over the prices at Walmart and the grocery store. :suprised
        Well, we're definitely that, although it's even more shocking when I go to Publix or Winn Dixie. I'd so much rather go to Publix, but when everything costs three times more there than what it does at Walmart, and I'm literally rolling pennies for food, it just has to be Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mish View Post
          If you are discussing a physical reaction, have you had your blood pressure taken recently? One of my Fibromyalgia meds caused me to have high blood pressure and some of the symptoms you are mentioning were ones that were attributed to my high blood pressure. Just a thought- lots of stores have blood pressure machines near the pharmacy section- might be something to consider...

~Mish
          Actually, I nearly always check my blood pressure when I go to Walmart, and it always shows me in stage 1 hypertension, and my pulse rate over a 100. My husband's pulse rate is always well under a hundred. I'm never sure of the accuracy of the Walmart monitors.

And as an aside, my husband irritates me and hurts my feelings every time he brushes off the monitor showing me in stage 1 hypertension by saying it's just 'cause I get stressed when I go to the grocery store. I do get stressed when I go to the grocery store, but I don't know that that is the only reason I'm presumably in stage 1 hypertension (assuming the monitor is right). I wish my husband showed more concern about my health issues. It makes me lonely that he doesn't. ( I guess I'm derailing my own thread with this post. )

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsppmrxky View Post
            If your daughter has a milk allergy, how does she eat yogurt? Are you buying soy or coconut milk based yogurts?

Vit D can be gotten from getting sunshine or you can get her some supplements that are vit D3. (you would have to ask her paediatrician about the correct dosage for her age.

There are certain stores here that I go into and that I have to leave. The Best Buy actually makes me dizzy. I have heard of some stores using high frequency noise for anti theft. I am wondering if that is what is going on at Best Buy in our town.

I suffer with fibro and sometimes when I am in a flare I get dizzy and do not do well while shopping. I don't know if it is the lines of the shelves and my eyes not focusing well with the bifocals or not, but on those days, I try to stay home.
            I don't know how she is able to eat yogurt. She can eat ice cream, pudding, and things cooked with milk. But straight milk caused her to break out in hives when she was a toddler, and the last time I gave her milk (two or three years ago), shes went red around her mouth. She also went red around her mouth when she ate Parmesan noodles.

Comment

She might have an intolerance.

I get hives, on occasion, after eating wheat, but I don't get it every time. I noticed my crampy abdominal pain went away when I cut out most of the wheat, too.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
              'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
              I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by RevivedAgain View Post
                Actually, I nearly always check my blood pressure when I go to Walmart, and it always shows me in stage 1 hypertension, and my pulse rate over a 100. My husband's pulse rate is always well under a hundred. I'm never sure of the accuracy of the Walmart monitors.

Revived, you might want to go to your county health department to have the nurse there check your BP. A couple of years ago, I, too, was in 'early' stage of hypertension, and was a little too casual about it. A few months later, I was so dizzy, I couldn't stand up. My Dr. ordered an MRI (to rule out brain tumor or stroke) and an echocardiogram (to rule out heart attack). My BP was sky-rocket high. All of this could have been avoided, if I'd only gone to him sooner and been put on Rx meds for hypertension. I've been taking them for two years now, and I'm doing great!
                I still have to see a cardiologist every year, just to be sure everything is okay. Please don't delay seeing your doctor.
                sigpic
                -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                  She might have an intolerance.

I get hives, on occasion, after eating wheat, but I don't get it every time. I noticed my crampy abdominal pain went away when I cut out most of the wheat, too.
                  A lot of food allergies run on my husband's side of the family. His nephews have peanut and soy allergies.

My daughter turned red around her mouth after eating strawberries. At first, I thought it was the juice and tried to wash it off with a wet rag. It didn't come off. Then I tried a wet rag with soap. It still didn't come off, and I noticed it spreading under her chin. I gave her Benadryl and the redness went away. This was about six years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                    Revived, you might want to go to your county health department to have the nurse there check your BP. A couple of years ago, I, too, was in 'early' stage of hypertension, and was a little too casual about it. A few months later, I was so dizzy, I couldn't stand up. My Dr. ordered an MRI (to rule out brain tumor or stroke) and an echocardiogram (to rule out heart attack). My BP was sky-rocket high. All of this could have been avoided, if I'd only gone to him sooner and been put on Rx meds for hypertension. I've been taking them for two years now, and I'm doing great!
                    I still have to see a cardiologist every year, just to be sure everything is okay. Please don't delay seeing your doctor.
                    I've been needing to make an appointment for awhile with the doctor. In the meantime, I've tried to lower my blood pressure myself through walking (but I've 'walked' for a lot of years. I like to hike nature trails and such, and take walks up my dirt road.) I also have tomatoes and mushrooms with my eggs instead of bacon, raw carrots or almonds with sandwiches (instead of chips), etc.

I hadn't thought about having my blood pressure checked at the health department. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I've been needing to make an appointment for awhile with the doctor. In the meantime, I've tried to lower my blood pressure myself through walking (but I've 'walked' for a lot of years. I like to hike nature trails and such, and take walks up my dirt road.) I also have tomatoes and mushrooms with my eggs instead of bacon, raw carrots or almonds with sandwiches (instead of chips), etc.

I hadn't thought about having my blood pressure checked at the health department. Thanks for the suggestion.
                      You are doing some good things, for sure, Revived, but so was I. We live on a farm, and I'm out and about a lot, but still needed the Rx. The health dept. is a good way to go, since there is no fee for BP check (there may not be if you went to your dr.'s office and asked one of the nurses to do the same). I guess it all boils down to convenience. If you live closer to one than the other.
                      We've had serious health issues in our farming area in the last few years, and at least two of them (maybe all three) perhaps could have been prevented with regular BP monitoring. Just a guess, of course. I just hate to see anyone have a 'big' problem, if it can be avoided. Blessings on your weekend, and Happy Mother's Day!
                      sigpic
                      -Lynn

Comment

And as an aside, my husband irritates me and hurts my feelings every time he brushes off the monitor showing me in stage 1 hypertension by saying it's just 'cause I get stressed when I go to the grocery store. I do get stressed when I go to the grocery store, but I don't know that that is the only reason I'm presumably in stage 1 hypertension (assuming the monitor is right). I wish my husband showed more concern about my health issues. It makes me lonely that he doesn't. ( I guess I'm derailing my own thread with this post. )
                        You may have a medical condition causing this. Try an experiment at home. Get someone's blood pressure cuff if possible. If not possible, lay down and completely still and take your heart rate. Then, stand perfectly still without moving and take your heart rate after 5 minutes, remaining vertical while counting. The numbers should not be very different. If they are, you may have to begin exploring medical causes.
                        Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

Comment

Working...
                        X