Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Just bought a slow cooker/croc pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a slow cooker/croc pot

Ok so I'm looking for a really good meal recipie to baptise this new appliance - any suggestions?
    Ideally something that my wife and 2 young girls will enjoy. I'll wait to do a real manly meal (Ribs/pulled pork) another time lol

One of the easiest things I like to do is to put some center cut pork chops in, pour a can of cream of mushroom soup (or any cream soup) over them, and cook it on low all day. It makes the pork chops so nice and tender and just fall apart. Easy for little people to chew. My kids always want the soup kind of scraped off. I also have an easy recipe for stroganoff if they would eat that.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

corned beef boiled dinner is a classic for us. chuck the whole cut of corned beef in the pot, add carrots, irish potatoes, onion, cabbage and let 'er rip

Comment

All sound good ... What's the stroganoff recipie?

Thanks guys

Comment

I do a beef stew

I cut into small squares a cheap thick steak or roast using kitchen scissors or a very sharp knife, cutting the fat off of it. I put oil in the bottom of the crock pot & put the meat in there & put it on high. I give the meat about a 1/2 hour to cook, checking on it & turning it in the oil.

Then I put in a can of regular corn (with the water), a can of green beans (with the water), 2 cans of baby potatoes (rinsed) and baby carrots - making sure that all is covered with enough water.

I add salt, pepper, basil, onion powder & a little garlic powder. You could always use pearl onions if you wanted.

Love this with biscuits on a cold day.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Stroganoff (recipe serves six)

2 lbs beef stew meat
            1 onion, coarsely chopped
            1 tsp minced garlic
            8 oz mushrooms sliced
            1 can (10.5) oz cream of mushroom soup
            1 cup beef broth
            1 cup sour cream (plus extra for topping if desired)
            12 oz egg noodles cooked and drained
            chopped parsley for garnish if desired

My kids aren't big on mushrooms and onions, so I leave the mushrooms out and just toss it a bit of dried onion flakes instead.

Place the meat, onion, garlic, mushrooms, soup, and broth into stow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 hours or until beef is cooked to 160 degrees. Stir in sour cream. Serve immediately over warm noodles, top with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with parsley if desired.
            Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

If you go to www.pinterest.com and type crock pot recipes in the search box, it will give you hundreds of recipes of all kinds, with pictures. You can click on the picture, then click the PIN icon and save them to a file on the site, then go back to them whenever you'd like. Usually, to get the recipe instructions, you click again on the picture or on the website shown on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
                Stroganoff (recipe serves six)

2 lbs beef stew meat
                1 onion, coarsely chopped
                1 tsp minced garlic
                8 oz mushrooms sliced
                1 can (10.5) oz cream of mushroom soup
                1 cup beef broth
                1 cup sour cream (plus extra for topping if desired)
                12 oz egg noodles cooked and drained
                chopped parsley for garnish if desired

My kids aren't big on mushrooms and onions, so I leave the mushrooms out and just toss it a bit of dried onion flakes instead.

Place the meat, onion, garlic, mushrooms, soup, and broth into stow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 hours or until beef is cooked to 160 degrees. Stir in sour cream. Serve immediately over warm noodles, top with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with parsley if desired.
                Sounds great! Must try this, thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by kmendel View Post
                  If you go to www.pinterest.com and type crock pot recipes in the search box, it will give you hundreds of recipes of all kinds, with pictures. You can click on the picture, then click the PIN icon and save them to a file on the site, then go back to them whenever you'd like. Usually, to get the recipe instructions, you click again on the picture or on the website shown on it.
                  Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by RichUK View Post
                    Sounds great! Must try this, thanks !
                    I just remembered. . . you may want to adjust the sour cream to your taste. My oldest thought there was too much.

Another thing I use my crock pot for is to cook a whole chicken and then use it for chicken salad, chicken and noodles, shredded BBQ sandwiches, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
                      I just remembered. . . you may want to adjust the sour cream to your taste. My oldest thought there was too much.

Another thing I use my crock pot for is to cook a whole chicken and then use it for chicken salad, chicken and noodles, shredded BBQ sandwiches, etc.
                      Thank you. I've got a whole chicken cooking in there now for Sunday lunch.

Last night I tried it for the first time and went with the Ribs after all. Dry rubbed and then cooked slowly in coke (full sugar one) for 6 hours.
                      Then basted in barbecue sauce and grilled for 10-15 minutes. Turned out delicious

Comment

Originally posted by RichUK View Post
                        Thank you. I've got a whole chicken cooking in there now for Sunday lunch.

Last night I tried it for the first time and went with the Ribs after all. Dry rubbed and then cooked slowly in coke (full sugar one) for 6 hours.
                        Then basted in barbecue sauce and grilled for 10-15 minutes. Turned out delicious
                        Sounds delicious!

Comment

I'm a rather lazy cook, but my wife and I like to cook a roast in a slow cooker every now and then. What I do is peel several potatoes, cut them into 1-inch to 1-1/2-inch medallions and place them in the bottom and add a little water -- just enough to reach the first knuckle of your finger. Pan-sear a chuck roast in a hot skillet for about a couple of minutes on each side and place it on top of the potatoes. Add one package of dried onion soup mix (we use Lipton) to the top of the roast. Cook for at least two hours at about 250 degrees. The juices of the roast should keep everything moist, but it's a good idea to check every half-hour to an hour to make sure that the water hasn't fully evaporated. Delicious (and simple, too).

Comment

Working...
                          X