fresh mozzerella

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh mozzerella

What can I do with fresh mozzerella? I sliced it on chicken breast sandwiches tonight and had 2 of my 3 kids tell me they were really good.

What else can I do with it?
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Make a pizza.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
      What can I do with fresh mozzerella? I sliced it on chicken breast sandwiches tonight and had 2 of my 3 kids tell me they were really good.

What else can I do with it?
      Whatcha do is, you cook up some orzo pasta. About a cup. Cool it off but don't rinse it. Much.

While the pasta is cooking, cut a pint of sweet grape tomatoes in half long ways. Slice your mozzarella and break into bite-size chunks. Cut the weird bits off some sugar snap peas, and split them open, cut bite size . Steam them tender and bright green. A good big handful or two little handfuls. Chop or use bottled herbs, dill, tarragon, chives, etc, whatever seems good to you. Grate off a bit of lemon zest, and whisk that into a bit of olive oil, 3 tablespoons or a little more. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon, a big pinch of black pepper and kosher salt, whisk it all up, add the tomatoes, cheese and orzo and toss it all together.

If you are like me, you will add 6-8, or maybe 10 or 12 slices of crumbled bacon, (yeah, the thick applewood smoked kind), or fried pancetta, prosciutto, or some kind of savory, smoked meat to this, maybe smoked salmon.

Enjoy!

eta: Eggplant parmesan, Pizza Margherita (sp?), bruschetta with tomato, basil and mozz (and bacon if you dare)... the list is practically endless

strip steak sliced thin, melted mozz in a panini with sun-dried tomato pesto, and bacon..

Anything that gets some fresh green taste, tomato twang, and savory meat near mozz is going to be great. And combine it with some kind of bread or starch for filler.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
        Whatcha do is, you cook up some orzo pasta. About a cup. Cool it off but don't rinse it. Much.

While the pasta is cooking, cut a pint of sweet grape tomatoes in half long ways. Slice your mozzarella and break into bite-size chunks. Cut the weird bits off some sugar snap peas, and split them open, cut bite size . Steam them tender and bright green. A good big handful or two little handfuls. Chop or use bottled herbs, dill, tarragon, chives, etc, whatever seems good to you. Grate off a bit of lemon zest, and whisk that into a bit of olive oil, 3 tablespoons or a little more. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon, a big pinch of black pepper and kosher salt, whisk it all up, add the tomatoes, cheese and orzo and toss it all together.

If you are like me, you will add 6-8, or maybe 10 or 12 slices of crumbled bacon, (yeah, the thick applewood smoked kind), or fried pancetta, prosciutto, or some kind of savory, smoked meat to this, maybe smoked salmon.

Enjoy!

eta: Eggplant parmesan, Pizza Margherita (sp?), bruschetta with tomato, basil and mozz (and bacon if you dare)... the list is practically endless

strip steak sliced thin, melted mozz in a panini with sun-dried tomato pesto, and bacon..

Anything that gets some fresh green taste, tomato twang, and savory meat near mozz is going to be great. And combine it with some kind of bread or starch for filler.
        That sounds yummy!
        Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

If you have a George Foreman grill, slap a slice of that awesome cheese on a slice of bread with some fresh basil and a slice of tomato and top it with another slice of bread. Cook it in the grill for 4 minutes--or until the outside is toasty.

It's great with fresh off the vine tomatoes and fresh basil out of the garden.

You can also spread marinara on both slices of bread and place a slice of cheese between the bread and then toast.

(I am the QUEEN of making grilled cheese sandwiches on the George Foreman Grill... because: It's grilled cheese.)

Comment

In the past when I have tons of little cherry tomatoes from the garden, I have cut them in half. Mix a little fresh basil and olive oil with the tomatoes. Spread the mixture in a pan and then cut up hunks of the fresh mozzerella on top and broil till the cheese is melted. Then I serve it with bread or crackers as a dip type of dinner. Simple but really good! I let folks put their own salt on it.
            sigpicProverbs 18:10--The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.

Comment

Send it to me. :p

Comment

For something cool, Caprese Salad. Sliced Mozz, Tomatoes, fresh Basil and some salt/pepper/evoo. Classic Mediterranean
                The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

That sounds awesome.

Comment

Basically what DoR said, but not baked. Server with some nice chewy bread. French/Italian roasted bias-cut 'rounds', or Pita wedges.

Personally, I would serve is fresh, but I really like fresh basil.
                    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Pizza would be a good choice!

Comment

mozzerella cubes (delish) in salad

What can I do with fresh mozzerella?

Me thinkin' low carb salad
                        salad greens
                        Balsamic Vinegar
                        mozzerella
                        nuts
                        un poco chicken, turkey, etc. slices
                        hard boiled egg

Comment

It's been three months now. Probably not so fresh anymore.
                          And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                          Romans 11:6

Comment

Originally posted by DMac View Post
                            It's been three months now. Probably not so fresh anymore.
                            lol . . . very true

It did get used though.

Comment

Working...
                            X