Spicy Chimichurri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy Chimichurri

Most folks have never heard of this paste that is so popular in Argentina, Brazil and Latin America. I use it on steaks, but it's best for skirt steaks and tastes delicious if you're making fish tacos. My little recipe below.

Here's what you'll need:

1 bushel of Cilantro
    1 garlic clove
    1 white onion
    Salt
    Pepper
    Red Pepper Flakes (Crushed Red Pepper)
    2 limes
    Paprika
    White Vinegar
    Olive Oil (I use Spanish Brand Iberia)

Depending on how much you want to make you'll need to proportion it out correctly.
    I only cook for my wife & I, so I use about 1/4 of the cilantro bushel, 4-5 garlic cloves (the more garlic you use, the spicier it'll become), 1/2 the white onion, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper, both limes squeezed into the mix, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 tbsp white vinegar--throw it all into a food processor. Blend it until everything is nicely chopped up and fine. Stir it together and if it's needing more spice you may want to add a bit more paprika, garlic and/or red pepper flakes.

Move it to a small serving bowl or refrigerate. You need to add the Olive Oil (about 1.5 Tbsp) right before serving and stir it up. If you refrigerate it with the olive oil, the mixture turns into a pasty mess and doesn't look appealing.

Use it on Steaks, Fish Taco's, or lamb.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Florian...are you referring to an approx. 2 oz bunch of cilantro? In CA, that's all we've got. And it's a staple for everyone I know.
    I have used chimichurri...thanks for the great recipe!
    sigpic
    I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

Your chimichurri sounds delicious.

A U.S. Bushel would be approx 8 gallons of dry weight or approx 2,219 cubic inches of cilantro. We do love cilantro in our house but have never had quite that much at one time
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Sounds good. Plan on trying this one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          Your chimichurri sounds delicious.

A U.S. Bushel would be approx 8 gallons of dry weight or approx 2,219 cubic inches of cilantro. We do love cilantro in our house but have never had quite that much at one time
          Wow! Was I way off! I meant whatever the grocery store bunches up for you--definitely not a bushel
          John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Momma D View Post
            Florian...are you referring to an approx. 2 oz bunch of cilantro? In CA, that's all we've got. And it's a staple for everyone I know.
            I have used chimichurri...thanks for the great recipe!
            Yes my dear! Sorry it's only been about 2 years since your post that I'm now responding. 2 oz bunch! Let me know how you like it--it's actually the closest thing I can get to the authentic Argentine recipe of the Pampas region.

Comment

Working...
            X