• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grilled rib-eyes, corn on the cob, and buttered sourdough bread
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• We are going to order out. I am in too much pain to work in the kitchen today.
      sigpic

Comment

• Chicken Parmesan from Tyler Florence of Foodnetwork.com. First time I made this recipe...hubby's request and he helped...and it was delicious!!!

Comment

• I am hoping to make chicken salad for supper tonight.
          sigpic

Comment

• I might make the impossible cheeseburger pie tonight. I always add an extra egg.
            sigpic

Comment

• Grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches tonight, maybe with egg drop soup for Mac.
              sigpic

Comment

• For Sunday dinner tomorrow I'm breaking out an old Navy favorite: Teriyaki Steak! (Here's the original recipe...for 100 portions!)

Cutting it down to size, I have:

3 - 10 oz. strip steaks
                1/2 cup canned pineapple juice
                1/2 cup soy sauce
                1 cup water
                1 tablespoon ground ginger
                1/2 teaspoon (heaping) garlic powder
                1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Arrange steaks in a 9x12 Pyrex dish. Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic and pepper to make sauce/marinade. Pour marinade over steaks and cover dish. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning after 1-1/2 hours. Drain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook steaks on grill or broil in oven to desire degree of doneness. Serve each steak with 1/4 cup boiled sauce.

My first time actually making this, but I certainly remember eating it with a lot of pleasure. Wish me luck!

--------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

• That sounds so yummy ehbowen. Hope it turns out like you remember.

I am making a macaroni and chopped lettuce salad, deviled eggs, and burgers tonight.
                  sigpic

Comment

• We had to get the yearly labs done today and pick up Rx today at Navy hosp, so we did the commissary too. We might have salads later.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Well we were too tired to make salads last night, so we made peanut butter sandwiches and went to bed.

Tonight we are having big clefs salads and Mac will also have mushroom soup.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Greek Avocado Chicken Salad. New recipe.Told my husband just now over the phone...he sounded a little underwhelmed....sigh...

Comment

• Had friends from church over this evening..........served lemon chicken, roasted small potatoes with garlic and rosemary, seasoned green beans...... with peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert. The food was so good...........the company even better!!

Comment

• Oh those meals sound very good!
                            Mac said he will grill the pork chops if I make a pot of stewed baby limas. Maybe some biscuits or hot french bread too.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I am going to make a pot of navy bean soup for tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

• BBQ back ribs, slow cooked then grilled; mashed taters, corn
                                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                                X