No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was a Tombstone pizza night, and tonight I cut up a ham steak and threw in a medium can of green beans and a batch of taters with some onion soup mix that is simmering away on the stove.
    sigpic

Comment

• So, we tried our first Home Chef meal service tonight. You get a refrigerated box with all raw ingredients neatly packaged, then you cook it according to their recipe. It was delicious! I made two portions of spice-rubbed sirloin steak, mashed potato with brown butter, and roasted carrots with olive oil and chopped dill. I found it pretty easy, and my husband loved it. I'm thinking that, two nights a week, this may really help us.

Comment

• How much does it cost?
        Tonight is grilled cheese sandwiches and maybe beef barley soup.
        sigpic

Comment

• red salmon cooked in my whits sauce
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
            How much does it cost?
            Tonight is grilled cheese sandwiches and maybe beef barley soup.
            It works out to be slightly less than $10 a plate. I'd say, on the negative side, you're still doing the cooking. On the positive side, you are not doing the grocery shopping, and the ingredients are high quality. For me, with health issues, it seems worth it to supplement two meals a week with this service.

Tonight I'm making chicken soup. It's snowing!

Comment

• I agree, a little help goes a long way. Do they choose the meal or do you?
              I think we are going to grill boneless pork chops and I will make a potato salad to go with it.
              sigpic

Comment

• moogoo
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Well, Mac tried to fire up the grill and found out the tank is empty so he says lets just eat potato salad for supper. So glad I made a big batch! We love tater salad.

I did some house cleaning today so we are ordering out tonight. I can do one or the other, but not both.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
                    I agree, a little help goes a long way. Do they choose the meal or do you?
                    I think we are going to grill boneless pork chops and I will make a potato salad to go with it.
                    Caligal, you have many choices with this service. Last night, it was a teriyaki pineapple chicken, over rice and with a slaw. Delicious. So far I have a very positive response to these meals.

Tonight, I'm going to revert to an old childhood meal my Irish/New England mother used to serve on Saturday nights: Boston baked beans and sweet brown bread.

Comment

• Mac is working a few hours extra today, so I'm going to have roast beef hash and he will have salisbury steaks and red potatoes .......I think.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Had chemo for my Chromes today and then Mac surprised me with a DQ ice cream cone on the way home so it will probably just be soup tonight.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Beef tamale soup. I've never made it before but I remember having this years ago at a church potluck and loved it.

Hopefully the family likes it!

My husband and I liked it. Kids not so much. 😋 Can't make em happy all the time I suppose.
                          Last edited by Koalie; February 13th, 2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• We are going to have beef broccoli over rice.
                            sigpic

Comment

• My Valentine and I are making deep dish pizzas for our little sweethearts. ❤

Comment

• Tonight Deli fried chicken with potato salad. Valentine's Day baby back ribs, salad, and wheat bread. Delicious!
                                sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Working...
                                X