• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumbo breaded shrimp, veggies and noodles
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
      It is so nice to see you here Accepted. We had pot roast last night. Today we have to go to the commissary and also pick up a Rx so I have no idea what we will be having for supper.
      Thank you, Caligal! I have no idea what we will have tonight, but thought I'd mention something that some might find interesting. My husband and I are, as of this week, officially empty nesters, and that combined with the fact that I'm dealing with cancer make cooking dinner challenging at times. So we are going to give Home Chef a try, just two days a week. It's one of those services that give you all the ingredients for meals, and recipes, delivered to your door. We have friends who use this service and love it. It starts next week. There are days when I have the strength to cook, but not cook and grocery shop, so this makes sense to try. I'll let you all know if we like it or not!

Comment

• Beanies and Weanies... I was gone all day helping a family with technology issues... thus a couple cans of Bush's beans with some sliced weanies thrown in for good measure.

3 trees

Comment

• Wow, I am very interested in knowing how you like it. I have a Dr appt today so Mac will take me to Denney's tonight. I think I am going to get the club sandwich with fries and a milkshake.
          sigpic

Comment

• Cornish Game Hen with Carolina BBQ, fried taters and veggies

3 trees

Comment

• Been cooking chili all day.

Comment

• Spaghetti with Italian sausages in meat sauce.
                sigpic

Comment

• Tonight we had King Salmon with my white sauce, and I made tzatziki to dip some sourdough bread in. I can never get the tzatziki to taste like it did whenever I had it in Greece... I think the microbes in Greece must make the difference...

3 trees

Comment

• chili
                    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

• Chicken salad sandwiches and maybe soup.
                      sigpic

Comment

• 2 or 3 days ago I made up a batch of tzatziki. In order to use it up I'm making chicken souflaki sandwiches tonight. I'll pan fry bite size pieces of chicken breast marinated in salt, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil. I'll slice some of those tiny tomatoes in half and heat them a bit in a fry pan. I'll soak some red onion slices in lemon juice, then I'll combine those things with some raw spinach leaves, coat it all with tzatziki, then place the combined ingredients in warmed pita. I've made tzatziki a few times, but never souflaki. I'd bq grill the chicken on sticks if it was summer time, but it's a little too cold right now to fire up the grill.

3 trees

Comment

• I made a new recipe tonight. Butternut squash and white bean soup. I made couscous for the first time for this recipe. I thought it was absolutely delicious. Am going to send it to my sister in Chicago...we share good recipes.

Comment

• Y'all sound like such good cooks!
                            I'm going to make ground beef and mushroom gravy over mashed taters with a veggie on the side.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I made a pot of chili for supper tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Last night for dinner was Mexican style pizza (Red Baron).
                                love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
                                Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X