No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife cooked a ham and cheesy potatoes today and we're actually more excited about converting it to ham and beans tomorrow morning for our MLK day vacation off.

Comment

• Slow cooked pork chops submersed in condensed golden mushroom soup.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• TT, back before crock pots, my mom used to brown pork chops and then put them in a baking dish. She would put a mound of bread stuffing on top of each one, and then pour condensed golden mushroom soup over the top, and bake slowly in the oven until done. It was so yummy!! Thank you for taking me back about sixty years ago...........

Comment

• Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
          TT, back before crock pots, my mom used to brown pork chops and then put them in a baking dish. She would put a mound of bread stuffing on top of each one, and then pour condensed golden mushroom soup over the top, and bake slowly in the oven until done. It was so yummy!! Thank you for taking me back about sixty years ago...........
          I might have to try that with bread stuffing sometime. I'm actually cooking them in the oven at 180 deg all afternoon after browning them.
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• White Chili - it was awesome! First time I made this recipe. So good.
            John 14:6
            Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

• Mac is working tonight, so I might treat myself and order a pizza and soda.
              sigpic

Comment

• Thank you everyone who posts to this thread! You all have inspired me to start cooking for my family again (we got into a rut of eating prepared food, Panera, Chinese, etc.)!!!

Happy to be getting healthier too, I am including vegetables.

Last night was BBQ chicken (drumsticks cooked in BBQ sauce last Sunday but then I took the meat off the bones and re-heated it with some sauce, extra sauce on the side), Corn muffins, and fresh cooked broccoli.

I had forgotten how good it is to eat a home-cooked meal!
                "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• Once again tonight was griddle fried Hamburgers with all the trimmings and standard sides.

We are shutting down our kitchen and unloading the cabinets. A new cook-top and vent hood are being installed tomorrow. The thirty year old equipment has become troublesome. Going from four to six burners is pretty exciting!

Marvin

Comment

• It has warmed up a little bit here so we are going to grill steaks we have had in the freezer and bake some taters to go with them and some veggies. Have banana cream pie in the fridge for later.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Goulash tonight and jello with cool whip for dessert.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X