Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
    TT, Ruh?????? (in a ScoobyDoo voice)
    it's actually quite tasty, if you're questioning the linguine meal. It's also quck and easy if you don't make the sauce from scratch... good when you don't have a lot of time to prepare a meal... I think Scooby Doo would ask for seconds, and maybe thirds...
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• I wondered about that combo too, TT, but then figured peaches, cream, and cheese, I could see that.

Doing a version of cod with potatoes and leeks with chorizo tonight.

Comment

• Tonight will be one of our favorite sandwiches, round steak with all fat removed, salt/peppered and seared both sides then placed in cooking dish on a bed of 2 large sliced onions, add 2 cups of beef base broth, put on lid cook at 350*F 20 minutes then slow cook 3 hours at 200*F. Drizzle a little of the cooking dish sauce on sandwich bun of choice, tonight will be sesame seed buns topped with a bunch of the cooked onion then add Provolone cheese and popped under the broiler for a little toasty melty action, served with salad and Ore Ida spicy fries. The sauce from the onions and meat is the bomb! When one of our local stores has Angus Beef round steak on sale we buy a bunch and vacuum bag seal it for the freezer. We use it all winter, sandwiches, soups, pasta n beef dishes, Swiss steak it's all good, very cheap and tasty, and it is lean.
        John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

• Grilled cheese sandwiches, Jeff-chicken noodle soup, and Janice-cream of tomato soup. It is 21 temp here with less than an inch of snow. I hear Erie, PA has 65 inches of snow.
          sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Last night we had Cornish hens with dressing and Italian green beans. Tonight it will be Chinese spaghetti.
            sigpic

Comment

• Choice of hot Italian sausages and/or hotdogs, served in a bun with homemade relish and Bushes beans on the side

3 trees

Comment

• We are planning to make Turkey Chili tonight and then I'm pushing for white fish tacos or crock pot lasagna on Sunday and/or Monday.

Comment

• Meatloaf, baked potatoes, and corn

3 trees

Comment

• Well, we decided we wanted wings instead of what was planned, so tonight we will have Chinese spaghetti.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
                      Well, we decided we wanted wings instead of what was planned, so tonight we will have Chinese spaghetti.
                      When I was a kid I still remember that wings were practically a throw-away part of the chicken. You could buy a big bag of them at the grocery store for practically nothing. My mom would get them sometimes because she was always working hard to stretch our dollars. Wings are probably the most expensive piece of a chicken nowadays.

3 trees

Comment

• I remember when wings were super cheap, we would grill them at least once a week.
                        Tonight we are having egg salad sandwiches and various ice cream treats.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Italian Turkey Soup and Berry Clafouti.

Comment

• Last night my husband cooked a delicious prime rib! I made roasted baby potatoes and brussel sprouts with garlic. Ice cream cake for dessert.

I tried staying up to bring in the new year but failed and was out like a light by 10:30.

Comment

• These last twenty-three years we have made New Years Day a big family get-together. The reason is after our children began marrying, we found it difficult to get the whole family together on most holidays due to conflicting plans with their In-Laws. This has become a standing tradition when we have the whole family together under our roof. Table fare is drawn from common American New Years tradition.

Today's menu is, Roast Pork; Black-eyed Peas with Ham Hocks; Fried Cabbage (with bacon); Fried Okra, Collard Greens and Cornbread.

Marvin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                                Last night my husband cooked a delicious prime rib! I made roasted baby potatoes and brussel sprouts with garlic. Ice cream cake for dessert.

I tried staying up to bring in the new year but failed and was out like a light by 10:30.
                                My New Year's tradition is to stay home and go to be early

I've not seen a single Prime Rib in the stores here the last couple of months. Just a lot of Choice Rib Eye roasts without any decent marbling. If I look enough I can usually find a good looking rib-eye roast, but had no luck this year.

Tonight we're gonna have spaghetti and garlic bread. I was gonna make a Caesar salad too but forgot to pickup up some Romaine when I went into town for the bread...

3 trees

Comment

Working...
                                X