Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my turkey meatloaf for tonight. Served with mac n cheese and green beans. I may bake a peach pie that has been hiding in the freezer, too..........and, serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Comment

• Made a pot roast. Mac said best ever.
      sigpic

Comment

• Last night I prepared Chicken Paties with Pepper Jack on toasted Kaiser Rolls. Some would call them Chicken Burgers but I think burgers require ground beef.

I made the paties by grinding chicken breasts with herbs and cheese and forming the result into generous discs. Those were covered and cooled in the refrigerator for two hours.

Cooking was done by frying on a stove-top cast iron griddle for about 12 minutes flipping occasionally to prevent burning until a golden brown sear was achieved and the meat was done . At the same time in a small skillet I sautéed onions and poblanos which were served on the sandwiches. Before removing the chicken paties from the griddle, I melted the cheese on them. Lastly I toasted the buns on the hot griddle.

The sandwiches were served with Potato Salad, Chips and a selection of condements.

Marvin
        Last edited by G Moorish; December 20th, 2017, 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling corretion

Comment

• Pot Roast with vegetables and hot rolls. It being my turn to cook I braised a 3.25 lb Chuck with potatoes, seasoned with onion, green bell peppers and celery. We also had skillet tossed green beans with bacon and onions. Today was a great day with extended family of three generations.

Marvin

Comment

• Leftovers!!! For a couple of nights!!! YYYYIIIIPPPEEEE!!!

Comment

• We treated ourselves to Chinese buffet last night along with many other people and this evening we are going to my sister and new BILs house for standing rib roast supper.
              sigpic

Comment

• Chicken, bell pepper, walnuts cooked in a mixture whose main ingredient is soy sauce; over rice
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Mmmm that sounds yummy TT.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Just made me oyster stew, we be nomming...

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
                      Mmmm that sounds yummy TT.
                      Then here's a Christmas gift for my RR-BB family:

Chicken W/ Walnuts

Ingredients:
                      2 –3 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
                      2 tablespoon soy sauce
                      2 teaspoon cornstarch
                      3 tablespoons salad oil
                      1 cup walnut halves
                      1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
                      1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
                      Cooking Sauce: blend 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, dash liquid hot pepper seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon sugar, 3/4 teaspoon wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon cooking wine, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce

1. Prepare cooking sauce. Set aside.
                      2. Cut chicken into thin strips, mix with soy and cornstarch and set aside.
                      3. Heat oil over medium heat, add nuts and cook, stirring until brown
                      4. Remove cooked nuts and set aside.
                      5. Add chicken to oil, cook, then remove and set aside
                      6. Add green pepper and ginger, cook until pepper is bright green.
                      7. Add chicken and cooking sauce, cook.
                      8. Add walnuts and serve over rice.

I sometimes add a little volume to the sauce(s)

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                        Chicken, bell pepper, walnuts cooked in a mixture whose main ingredient is soy sauce; over rice
                        Throw in some zucchini, use red bell pepper instead of green, peanuts instead of walnuts, and you've got yourself kung pao chicken! Mmm love me some Chinese food!

Comment

• Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
                          Just made me oyster stew, we be nomming...
                          Is this similar to clam chowder but with oysters?

last night I made the best clam chowder! My family said it was exactly like The Chowder Bowl recipe. (Good, cuz I used a copycat recipe 😋!)

On Christmas eve our pastor talked about how his favorite Christmas memory was going to his grandma's for oyster stew. The congregation said, "ewwww". I'm like, "yuuuuummmmm" 😆

Comment

• LInguine w/ alfredo sauce served over canned peach slices

3 trees

Comment

• TT, Ruh?????? (in a ScoobyDoo voice)

Comment

• Originally posted by Koalie View Post

Is this similar to clam chowder but with oysters?

last night I made the best clam chowder! My family said it was exactly like The Chowder Bowl recipe. (Good, cuz I used a copycat recipe 😋!)

On Christmas eve our pastor talked about how his favorite Christmas memory was going to his grandma's for oyster stew. The congregation said, "ewwww". I'm like, "yuuuuummmmm" 😆
                                Yes -- basically the same except I usually don't add celery to my oyster stew for some reason, and make the oyster stew a little thinner than my clam chowder. But you could. I drain the oysters then roughly chop them, and they go in right towards the end, when the soup is thickened up just enough to want to cling to the back of a wooden spoon but slide off. Of course the oyster liquor goes into the stew along with enough chicken broth and cream (used half and half instead of heavy cream this time). By the time the oyster curls, the soup is thick enough.

Sometimes I do it "clear" and use no cream, but start adding in browned mushrooms, greens (kale, spinach, etc), spring onion, noodle, little soy sauce or even better miso paste... kinda go Asian-ish with it, but best to use no-sodium butter and broth because it's easy to get it too salty with miso or soy, but those also don't have to go in.

And no end in sight to variations. Cooking up savory umami goodness for my people makes me happy.

Sorry for the long posts, yes, I am a little bored. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X