No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For our last meal I've slow cooked some cornish game hens in the oven and will finish them on the grill with some sweet bbq sauce. A small salad and buttered rice will accompany the hens.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• That sounds good TT.
      I'm going to fix up a nice salad to go with stuffed green peppers. I think. Mac gets off at 3PM, but he might have to go back in at 11PM. I REALLY hope not. Working like this really takes it out of him.
      sigpic

Comment

• Boneless pork loin, and au gratin potatoes.
        sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Beef broccoli over ramen noodles tonight.
          sigpic

Comment

• Taco salad with refried beans.
            sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Au gratin potato casserole.
              sigpic

Comment

• Ham steak with baked potatoes and string beans.
                sigpic

Comment

• Beef chuck tender roast cooked with potatoes, and corn.

Comment

• I think chicken salad sandwiches tonight.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                      Beef chuck tender roast cooked with potatoes, and corn.
                      Likewise I prepared a 4 lb Chuck Roast, with Potatoes in the DO but had Collard Greens instead of Corn. I also varied the standard mirepoix substituting Green Bell Peppers for the Carrots.

Marvin

Comment

• My own invention, chicken and vegetables.

I do the following:

Start with chicken pieces, either boneless or drumsticks or a pack of roaster parts (which is 2 breasts and 4 drumsticks - odd looking chicken when it was alive)

I use a glass 9x13 or larger rectangle baking dish. The kind that is 2" or so tall.

I cover the bottom with olive oil, then put the chicken in, rolling the chicken in oil to coat it. I leave space between the pieces.

Next, I fill in all spaces around the chicken with diced veggies.

Veggies used are the following:
                        Leeks (or green onions, in a pinch)
                        Mushrooms
                        Carrots
                        Celery (usually I skip this)
                        Yellow or orange pepper
                        Garlic cloves, peeled but left whole (about half a bulb)
                        Yellow squash (or Zucchini squash)

I recently started slicing the squash in thin slices and putting that in a layer over everything, with salt on all slices.

I try to leave the chicken with some skin showing, and I put the herbs/black pepper on the chicken (before the squash goes on).

For seasoning, I sometimes use just salt and pepper, but sometimes I add either thyme or sage, or both.

I cover the dish with foil, tightly.

Place in a 400 degree oven; after 15 minutes turn the oven down to 350.

Bake for an hour.

This dish will end up having juices, even though no water was added.

It is wonderful served with basmati rice.
                        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• BBQ pulled pork tonight.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Going to have supper at Olive Garden to meet my sisters fiance for the first time.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
                              Going to have supper at Olive Garden to meet my sisters fiance for the first time.
                              Enjoy your time!

Last night I made lasagne and sides. Today I'm making shepherd's pie.

Comment

• Barbecue ribs, mac and cheese, and green beans!

Comment

Working...
                                X