What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I leave the skin on when I bake it... seems to come out a little better. It does taste good when it isn't overcooked. My family members never noticed the dried out salmon... but I did and didn't like it so I'd always give myself just a tiny sliver when I prepared it. Now I'm loving it. I want to try it on the grill sometime... I'll have to refer back to your post here when I get brave enough to try it on the grill...
    I tried your sauce and it was fantastic!!! Thank you!!!
    Toots

Comment

• Originally posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
      I tried your sauce and it was fantastic!!! Thank you!!!
      I'm pleased you like it!

Tonight we're having Papa John's double pepperoni pizza (probably), if they offer buy one get one like they usually do for me on Mondays...
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• I am planing on making beef a roni for supper tonight.
        sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday was Tri Tip Roast, medium rare with fried Mushrooms, Onions, Anaheim and Jalapino chilies. On the side were my BBQ Spuds and a fresh Watermellon. The beef I coated with a cracked peppercorn, salt and garlic rub and roasted at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Bottled sauces incuded Horseradish and a new Chipotle sauce I'm trying. It was a zesty meal enjoyed by all present.

Earlier I fixed a breakfast of Denver Omlets, Pancakes and crispy Bacon. Yes I know the pork was duplicated, but not everyone wanted an omlet and "it's always better with bacon". Also served was fresh fruit and 100% pure Maple Syrup.

Tri Tips are a West Coast cut of beef. It's the bottom of the sirloin and in other regions it's used for hamburger meat. It makes a good tasty roast, but when slicing a Tri Tip, be aware the grain changes direction halfway across the roast. So slicing direction must change accordly.

Marvin

Comment

• Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
            Yesterday was Tri Tip Roast, medium rare with fried Mushrooms, Onions, Anaheim and Jalapino chilies. On the side were my BBQ Spuds and a fresh Watermellon. The beef I coated with a cracked peppercorn, salt and garlic rub and roasted at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Bottled sauces incuded Horseradish and a new Chipotle sauce I'm trying. It was a zesty meal enjoyed by all present.

Earlier I fixed a breakfast of Denver Omlets, Pancakes and crispy Bacon. Yes I know the pork was duplicated, but not everyone wanted an omlet and "it's always better with bacon". Also served was fresh fruit and 100% pure Maple Syrup.

Tri Tips are a West Coast cut of beef. It's the bottom of the sirloin and in other regions it's used for hamburger meat. It makes a good tasty roast, but when slicing a Tri Tip, be aware the grain changes direction halfway across the roast. So slicing direction must change accordly.

Marvin
            Yum!! Are you planning to help with the "wedding supper" when all meet up? Haha
            Toots

Comment

• Pot roast with all the fixins.

We are able to get tri tip at the commissary here, but it is very expensive.
              sigpic

Comment

• Tonight we had a papa Murphys stuffed pizza. Last night I made a delicious dinner of sweet and sour chicken over rice.

Comment

• Beef stew tonight.
                  sigpic

Comment

• This afternoon was Dutch Oven Braised Chuck Roast with mushrooms & onions, Gravy, Skillet Fried Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus, Watermelon and Texas Toast with butter and garlic. Family and friends enjoyed the fare. Left overs should last the next few days.

The Chuck Roast was tender enough to pull like pork, but I served it up today as a proper beef roast. Maybe tomorrow I'll pull part of it and serve it up with BBQ sauce on rolls. Then again, my wife is thinking of using it in a cassarole.

Marvin

Comment

• Wow that sounds so good GM.

I think today will be turkey breast in gravy with stove top and string beans. Pie for dessert.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Homemade gnocchi in a parm sauce with chicken, spinach and mushrooms.

Comment

• Boneless pork chops with au gratin potatoes.
                          sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Tonight is meatloaf with mashed taters, corn and salad. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Tonight is ham steak with baked sweet potatoes, and a veggie. fresh fruit for dessert.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Tonight is chicken salad sandwiches, fritos and strawberry shortcake.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X