No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing glop tonight. Maybe a batch of brownies too.
    sigpic

Comment

• BBQ'd pork ribs and corn on the cob
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• Our 13 yo son, Gabriel, has volunteered to make dinner for the first time!

He decided on enchiladas. I told him we have a can of enchilada sauce in the pantry and he said he'd make his own. He's convinced his sister to drive him to the store to get all of the ingredients needed.
        I'm excited to see if he'll be as gifted with cooking as his daddy.

Comment

• Our 13 yo son, Gabriel, has volunteered to make dinner for the first time!

He decided on enchiladas. I told him we have a can of enchilada sauce in the pantry and he said he'd make his own. He's convinced his sister to drive him to the store to get all of the ingredients needed.
          I'm excited to see if he'll be as gifted with cooking as his daddy.
          Ooooh nice! That's always awesome when the kiddos get involved. Less work for y'all!

Diane
          Diane
          Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

• Daughter & Son-in-law visited over the weekend while on vacation. At their request Saturday I prepared my Dutch Oven Pulled Pork and BBQ Beans recipe. The pinto beans were simmered on the gas range with sauce and spices. This time instead of Cole Slaw, I fried up together some Onions and Poblano Peppers. Also served was Texas Toast, Avacado and sweet Watermellon. Assorted Kinder's BBQ sauce flavors were available. The carmelized onions and poblanos complemented the pork surprisingly well. This I shall do again, DV.

Marvin

Comment

• My youngest son spent last weekend dipnetting on the Chitina. They came back with their limit of Kings, and a decent number of Reds. They were fishing out of a boat. They were catching so many Kings that they had to toss quite a few back into the river. They were fishing with subsistence permits and each family can take up to 10 Kings. Other fisher people who weren't catching any Kings watched in dismay as my son's party would return the big beautiful Kings to the River. I've never heard of anyone catching more than a King or two. My son brought in three in a row in quick succession. I'll serve up the one Red I didn't put into the freezer yesterday. Will drizzle it with honey and lemon pepper and bake.

Comment

• We drove down to Galveston today for an educational conference for my husband so i do not have to cook today. We will have Greek food for dinner tonight at Olympia Grill---a tradition for us in Galveston.

Comment

• We are going to have deluxe scrambled eggs with toast. We use diced green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and ham in the eggs.
                  sigpic

Comment

• scratch tacos

Comment

• Everyone's dinners sound delicious! Tonight I made egg drop soup and Chinese chicken with broccoli over rice.

Comment

• Scalloped potato and broccoli casserole with ground beef in it for one dish supper. Trying to decide if I want to bake a cake.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm baking a Chitina Red in a mayo and sourcream based sauce; and serving it with ricearoni wild rice mix, and corn

Comment

• Beef Tri-Tip Roast with caramelized onions, BBQ potatoes, BBQ Beans, Texas Toast and Watermelon. Everything cooked low and slow while while we conducted Sunday meetings.

Doing "church" in private homes allows extended fellowship over home cooked meals after meetings. Cast iron Dutch Ovens and Crock Pot cookers are quite useful for such occasions.

Marvin

Comment

• Yesterday I was at Fred Meyer looking to purchase some pork shoulder roast that was on sale. I couldn't find it so I asked an employee. She went to the back to look for it and couldn't find any. She then came out and pointed at a single package of Pork Butt that was the same price as the pork shoulder sale price and told me that was it, that they were the same thing . I couldn't help but chuckle. I told her, "shoulder, butt, {pause}, I guess they both come from the same animal". I picked up a 2 lb piece of pork shoulder that cost a little more on account of it was shoulder I was looking for. That said, tonight we're having:

Tacos de Carnitas

Comment

• The real hindquarters of a hog are called Hams. Each hog has two. Pork shoulders are often called Boston Butts and thus are known as Pork Butt. Costco sometimes cuts pork shoulder into strips and labels them Country Ribs. And of course, Hormel grinds up pork shoulder and packages it as Spam. Spam is often the Butt of jokes.

Marvin

Comment

Working...
                                X