No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've some brown bananas so I'm thinking banana bread for dinner tonight.
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

• Hot chicken sandwiches and salads.

Comment

• Had chemo today, and she finally got me on the fourth try. Afterward we had supper at Texas Roadhouse. Mac had steak sweet tater and salad, and I had fried chicken mashed taters with gravy and salad.
        sigpic

Comment

• Grilled pork spareribs, salad, and my favorite food: mashed potatoes.

Comment

• I'm visiting one of my sister's who lives in Dunn NC. She's making lasagna after I pestered her to do so and she's using the opportunity to show her older daughter how she makes lasagna. She works a farm and substitute teaches. She usually doesn't have time to cook meals... but I'm already putting a crimp in her work time so I figure I'll pester her into a couple of meals.
            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
              I'm visiting one of my sister's who lives in Dunn NC. She's making lasagna after I pestered her to do so and she's using the opportunity to show her older daughter how she makes lasagna. She works a farm and substitute teaches. She usually doesn't have time to cook meals... but I'm already putting a crimp in her work time so I figure I'll pester her into a couple of meals.
              Hey TT, hope you're enjoying your time in NC with your sister! I'm sure she doesn't mind cooking for her bro.

Last night my husband and I made homemade calzones with marinara for dipping. They were delicious!

Tonight I'll bbq some burgers and make onion rings.

Comment

• Last night my husband and I made homemade calzones with marinara for dipping. They were delicious!

Tonight I'll bbq some burgers and make onion rings.
                Koalie, that sounds Delicious!!

Diane
                Diane

Comment

• Tonight we're having teriyaki chicken and rick with veggies....so yum.

Diane
                  Diane

Comment

• Pulled Pork, Fried Okra, BBQ Beans, fresh Cole Slaw & Sliced Avocado. We're having friends and family over to help us eat it.

I just put 5lbs of Pork Shoulder in a cast iron Dutch Oven to braise for six or seven hours. Before that I fried up a half pound of crispy bacon for breakfast. Left over bacon will be broken up to go into the beans. The bacon grease was used to sear the Pork meat on all six sides. I marinated the Pork for 48 hours coated with our favorite Pork Rub and Wright's Liquid Hickory Smoke.

I'm taking a shortcut for the beans this time. I have two big cans of Ranch Style Beans to which I will add organic Sriracha BBQ sauce, minced garlic and diced onions letting the mess simmer together for something over an hour. That makes the canned beans into something special.

Today some of our guests are diabetic. So for them we are deliberately presenting fewer carbohydrates. In the will of our Lord, tomorrow I will reheat the leftover Pulled Pork, but prepare a pan of Cornbread and bake two Sweet Potatoes.

Marvin

Comment

• I'm trying to eat healthier because I've recently expanded...sigh.

So we had chicken soup. I'm sitting here typing, stomach grumbling, thinking about that last slice of apple pie in the fridge.

Diane
                      Diane

Comment

• I put some elk steaks in the crockpot along with carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, and steak sauce. I'll pull a few leftover dinner rolls out of the freezer and toss them at my husband and kids (after they've thawed, of course.) They always seem to need a little extra carbs.

Comment

• Spaghetti w/ meatballs and sourdough garlic bread
                          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• Took the icekid and the icecub out to 99 restaurant. i never have the time to do this, so it was a nice treat

Comment

• Fettuccine alfredo, salad, and sautéed morel mushrooms that I picked in the mountains today.

Comment

• Koalie your dinners always sound fabulous. Save me a plate? 😜

Diane
                                Diane

Comment

Working...
                                X