What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
    In my world, there's nothing better than bacon grease to season cast iron. It contributes to better tasting food too. Often I prepare bacon to go with whatever I'm cooking in a Dutch Oven. Friends and family will enjoy the bacon. I save the grease for frying, but also to restore seasoning to whatever cast iron pan needs it. With proper care, cast iron cookware will last for generations, really.

Marvin
    Agreed. I save bacon grease after Sunday brunch cooking. Saves the sink drain and keeps garbage from smelly! Put it in the fridge and use small amounts for flavoring things and seasoning cast iron skillets. Ive found a little bit of bacon grease at the last minute seared onto grilled steak - yum! Tiny bit for scrambling eggs in - great! But the top use is for oiling iron skillets. I love anything cooked in the oven or on stovetop in cast iron. (Although it's warming up so grilling more than half our meals now!)
    Toots

Comment

• chicken pot pie. I need to get busy and pressure cook the chicken... Sometimes it's hard to be thinking about dinner preparations at 7 a.m.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Vegetarian Chili with red kidney beans, red bell pepper and corn. My husband does not usually like vegetarian stuff but this he likes.

Comment

• Left over chili.
          sigpic

Comment

• Today dinner is easy & quick, chicken breasts, baked, then sliced and tossed into sauce pan with Bullseye and add lots of grilled onions. Served on buttered(with a little parmesan added) and grilled buns,, a side of home fries and enjoy.
            John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

• Double pepperoni from Papa Johns
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• I made some meatballs to go over Fettuccine and marinara sauce. Broiled broccoli and French bread.

30 minutes on the elliptical for dessert.

Comment

• Got my second iron infusion yesterday and am starting to get some energy back.

I,m going to make a pot roast for supper tonight with all the fixins and tiny baby peas on the side.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by caligal View Post
                    Got my second iron infusion yesterday and am starting to get some energy back.

I,m going to make a pot roast for supper tonight with all the fixins and tiny baby peas on the side.
                    Sounds good! I'm so glad your energy is increasing after the iron infusion!

Tonight we're going to BBQ brats and I'm going to start on some potato salad in a few.

Last night we made chicken fried steak, mashed taters, green beans and a salad.

Comment

• Beef broccoli tonight over ramen noodles. Thinking about a devils food cake or brownies.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Meatloaf sandwiches and carrot and pineapple salad.
                        Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                          I made some meatballs to go over Fettuccine and marinara sauce. Broiled broccoli and French bread.

30 minutes on the elliptical for dessert.

Your dessert gave me a good laugh!!

Also, thanks Koalie, for the soup recipe. Most of the soups I make also don't have a recipe, but I've tried to write down how I do it because other family members have asked for the recipe. I can't wait to try yours, it sounds wonderful! Today I made a chicken and wild rice soup to have tomorrow (always better the next day).
                          Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

• Pork chops, baked taters, and some kind of veggie. Didn't bake a cake, just not there yet with the energy levels.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Our sons came over for a late lunch today, and we had the chicken and wild rice soup I made yesterday. Tonight we are having mixed fresh fruit followed up with popcorn. My husband makes great popcorn on the stove popped in coconut oil.

Comment

• Ribs and baked beans tonight.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X