What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
    I'm making a pork chop meal with a recipe of my mom's. I haven't made it in years, and it is the only way I can end up with tender, cut it with a fork pork chops. You brown the chops, then put them in a 9x9 pan, put a scoop of Stove Top stuffing on top each one, and cover with a can of golden mushroom soup that has been diluted with 1/2 can of water. Bake in a 350 oven for 45 minutes or so. Yum.
    Kathy, I have some pork chops thawing for dinner and I think I'll give this recipe a try. I have a question though. Do you cook the Stove top stuffing before you put it on the pork, or do you leave it crunchy?
    Thanks

Comment

• Sorry i'm so late to answer............i was away from home. You make the stuffing first and put a nice size mound of it on top of each pork chop and cover with the soup, then bake.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
        Sorry i'm so late to answer............i was away from home. You make the stuffing first and put a nice size mound of it on top of each pork chop and cover with the soup, then bake.
        Hey Kathy, thanks for getting back to me. We just polished off dinner and my family loved it! I did it the opposite way. :/ Quick fried the pork, covered it in uncooked Stove top, then put the mushroom soup over it. Cooked it all in a cast iron pan and put tin foil over it when it went in the oven. Our 12 yr old son asked me to make this every week.
        We had parsley potatoes and cream of corn to go with it.

Comment

• I'm so happy you and your family enjoyed the meal!!! And, good for you for doing it your own way.......... sometimes our favorite meals are found that way!

Comment

• The pork chops sound so good - either way! I'll put that on the schedule to have soon.

Tonight it's black bean soup at our house.
            Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

• Lilies, I love black bean soup! Yummy!

I'm just about to start making dinner: chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, and refried beans.

Comment

• Arctic Char, faux mashed potatoes (cauliflower), and roasted asparagus.
                Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilies of the field View Post
                  Arctic Char, faux mashed potatoes (cauliflower), and roasted asparagus.
                  What is Artic Char? A kind of fish? Sounds like a yummy dinner! 😋
                  We're having grilled meatloaf with sautéed potatoes and salad.
                  Toots

Comment

• Originally posted by BlessdMomUv5 View Post
                    What is Artic Char? A kind of fish? Sounds like a yummy dinner! 
                    We're having grilled meatloaf with sautéed potatoes and salad.
                    Yes, it is fish. It is similar to salmon, but milder, and is a little like a cross between salmon and trout. We don't have it often because I've never found any that is wild, and we try to eat only wild fish. But it is so good that I make an exception once in awhile.

I've never had grilled meatloaf and it sounds wonderful! How long do you leave it on the grill? Do you mix eggs and breadcrumbs into it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilies of the field View Post
                      Yes, it is fish. It is similar to salmon, but milder, and is a little like a cross between salmon and trout. We don't have it often because I've never found any that is wild, and we try to eat only wild fish. But it is so good that I make an exception once in awhile.

I've never had grilled meatloaf and it sounds wonderful! How long do you leave it on the grill? Do you mix eggs and breadcrumbs into it?
                      I am going to look for Arctic Char. Sounds great; I love smoking, grilling, baking, even sometimes frying all kinds of fish.
                      To make grilled meatloaf first bake meatloaf like normal but no tomato-based or brown gravy on top. I make mine in the crockpot the day before. Let it cool (or refrigerate overnight), then cut thick slices and grill the slices on high both sides like grilling a burger. Then top with brown gravy if you like that. It basically turns every slice into the crispy browned outer parts that I love, with a grilled flavor. My hubby hates meatloaf usually but he loves it this way!
                      Toots

Comment

• Last night was pot roast and tonight is spaghetti.
                        sigpic

Comment

• BLTs on sourdough
                          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Ham and potato chowder.

Comment

• Sauteed chicken tenderloins with garlic and tarragon, and baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon sugar or sour cream. My daughter and I differ on the condiments.

Comment

• Lemon chicken, long grain rice and some kind of veggie. Probably burnt broccoli because the kids love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X