No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly pork chops with au gratin potatoes.
    sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Sushi. Can't wait!
      Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

• Ham steak, baked sweet taters, tomatoes and cukes and string beans.
        sigpic

Comment

• Homemade pizzas. I'm making the family's pizzas normal but I'm trying something new for myself: cauliflower crust veggie pizza. Has a third of the calories. We'll see how it tastes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Koalie View Post
            Homemade pizzas. I'm making the family's pizzas normal but I'm trying something new for myself: cauliflower crust veggie pizza. Has a third of the calories. We'll see how it tastes!
            Oh, please let me know how it goes! I am doing gluten-free now, but am such a pathetic cook! I survive on starches of rice, popcorn, and spelt bread! Lol.
            "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
            always abounding in the work of the Lord;
            knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefly View Post
              Oh, please let me know how it goes! I am doing gluten-free now, but am such a pathetic cook! I survive on starches of rice, popcorn, and spelt bread! Lol.
              You're funny! I'm sure you're not a horrible cook at all!
              Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Low-...ecipe-30739512

I reeeeeaaaallly liked it! Once I grated the cauliflower I put it in the oven for 12 minutes instead of the microwave like they did. Once it cooled a bit I used a cheesecloth to get out any excess moisture. I think that's the key to it getting crispy like pizza dough. I looked at several recipes online and mixed it up a little by adding the following to the cooked grated cauliflower: an egg, 1-2 Tblsp almond flour, 1/2 cup shredded mozz cheese,1/4 cup grated parm cheese and lots of seasonings like garlic powder, dried herbs and salt. Spray the parchment paper with olive oil spray and press it down...make sure it's not too thick or it won't get crisp.
              I put tons of toppings on mine and devoured it!!
              I'm not fully gluten free but I'm "trying" to eat a whole foods diet. I'm also trying out a vegetarian diet for health reasons...which is crazy because I'm married to the king of carnivores! I did lots of reading about the health benefits (especially those who suffer with inflammation like I do,) and thought I'd give it a try. So far I feel healthier than I have in years. We'll see how it goes
              Do you eat a lot of nuts and seeds? I made some nut and seed bars that are delicious. If you're interested I could send you the recipe.

Comment

• Last night was chinese spaghetti. Tonight will be Chilis ribs.
                sigpic

Comment

• Eggplant parmesan and rotini pasta with sausage and spaghetti sauce.

Comment

• Tonight is pork chops, augratin potatoes and green beans. I think I will do a tossed salad too.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I made homemade chicken noodle soup because I have a few sickos in the house. I'm having leftover eggplant parm and burnt broccoli with almonds.

Comment

• Mac wants homemade spanish rice with ground beef in it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• BLTs on sourdough
                          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• I've got a chicken in the pressure cooker in preparation for chicken pot pie, but just remembered that today is Papa John's Two for Tuesday... so we'll have double pepperoni pizzas tonight and chicken pot pie tomorrow night.
                            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Chicken pot pies

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                              I've got a chicken in the pressure cooker in preparation for chicken pot pie, but just remembered that today is Papa John's Two for Tuesday... so we'll have double pepperoni pizzas tonight and chicken pot pie tomorrow night.
                              Chicken pot pies sound wonderful. Not sure about Koalie's burnt broccoli.
                              I have 2 pressure cookers, one small one for meals, and one large one for canning. Fruits can be hot water bathed safely, but meat needs to be canned in a pressure cooker.

Comment

• Pizza Hut a Large 3 topping pizza which is pepperoni, sausage, and slow roasted ham for the price of $7.99. We will pick up, order on line, no delivery charge, and tip.
                                sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Working...
                                X