Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco salads and salsa. With colas.
    Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
    Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
    Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Comment

• pan-seared rockfish with lemon beurre blanc
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Chicken burgers, broccoli, and fresh tomatoes and yellow squash from the garden, and honey cake for dessert

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Kliska View Post
          ...and honey cake for dessert
          What is 'honey cake'?
          The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
          Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
          (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
            What is 'honey cake'?
            Cake made with honey. heehee

But, really;

http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-honey-cake/

Elana says, "Honey Cake, also known as Lebkuchen, is a traditional Jewish dessert eaten during Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year); my family sometimes serves it during Yom Kippur Break Fast as well since it is a warming, comforting food. Traditionally, we eat honey during the High Holidays as this ritual sets the tone for a sweet new year. It is common to dip apples in honey at the Rosh Hashanah meals."

2 cups blanched almond flour
            teaspoon celtic sea salt
            1 teaspoon baking soda
            1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
            teaspoon ground cloves
            cup honey
            cup palm shortening (I use melted unsalted butter)
            4 eggs
            cup raisins (I stay away from raisins; too many carbs for the return taste lol)

In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves
            In a separate bowl, combine honey, shortening and eggs
            Mix wet ingredients into dry, then stir in raisins
            Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan
            Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes

Really quick, really easy. There's a non-Paleo version too.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Kliska View Post
              ...also known as Lebkuchen,...
              Now that I have heard of before, wisegirl.

Good stuff.
              The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Comment

• Choice of gourmet burgers or Italian sausage sandwiches, and cooked fresh broccoli

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by dustyfingers View Post
                  My niece commandeered dinner, a shrimp boil, it was delicious and fun!

http://www.thriftytstreasures.com/20...y-shrimp-boil/
                  Looks like fun, efficient & easy cleanup - one pot & serve on newspaper.

Comment

• scratch chili

3 trees

Comment

• Flat bread veggie pizza
                      Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

• baked breaded shrimp served with raw veggies/veggie dip

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                          baked breaded shrimp served with raw veggies/veggie dip
                          Im glad that wasnt reversed...

Comment

• Country-style sausage, homemade mac 'n cheese, coleslaw, pumpkin bars for dessert.

Comment

• A couple days ago my oldest daughter mentioned that she wished she could make chicken quesadillas at home like the ones they have at taco bell. After learning that they use some secret sauce I searched online until I thought I found the right sauce. So tonight we're having chicken quesadillas that will hopefully please my daughter.

3 trees

Comment

• Stir-fry and rice, and a fruit salad.

Report back, Tall Timbers, and let us know how she liked it!
                                Luke 12:27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X