No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I will have "Gunk" tonight.That sounds really good.

Comment

• spaghetti w/meat sauce

yesterday was chili

Comment

• Originally posted by IMSAVED View Post
        I think I will have "Gunk" tonight.That sounds really good.
        If you don't mind......what is Gunk and how do you make it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          Gunk (grnd beef, elbow noodles, cheese, onions, diced tomatoes, etc.)
          voila, Gunk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Praying View Post
            If you don't mind......what is Gunk and how do you make it?
            Ask TT.

Comment

I am thinking that you are making the "Gunk" from the leftover Prime Rib that you had.
              I usually make prime rib soup, but am thinking about using the meat that's left to make a hash with the prime rib, cubed potatoes, onions, and spices... I've got the meat in deep freeze on the back porch right now

Originally posted by Praying View Post
              Oh, wanted to ask you, .....what is Gunk and how do you make it?
              See the quote from icebear below: Mix the ground beef and onions, mix a can of diced tomatoes with cooked elbow noodles, then put it in your glass cooking container like this: a layer of noodle mixture, meat mixture, cheese, noodle mixture, meat mixture, cheese, noodle mixture, cheese. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes at about 350 degrees.

Originally posted by icebear View Post
              Gunk (grnd beef, elbow noodles, cheese, onions, diced tomatoes, etc.) voila, Gunk!

Tonight I'm serving up some fancy ham I bought (all two pounds worth) along with baked potatoes and veggies. My wife's employer gave her a $15 certificate that not too long ago would have bought a turkey or a ham. I didn't have the energy to cook the traditional turkey this year, so I used the coupon to purchase this 2 pound chunk of what should be very delicious ham.
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• ding-ding food

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tall Timbers;2328497]I usually make prime rib soup, but am thinking about using the meat that's left to make a hash with the prime rib, cubed potatoes, onions, and spices... I've got the meat in deep freeze on the back porch right now

That sounds good. So their really is a gunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
                    ding-ding food
                    Im afraid to ask...

I still have lots of ham left over. Im not feeling well today so am making split pea soup with lots of ham in it.
                    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Home made mac & cheese with some fresh sliced veggies.

Comment

• roasted chicken, german potatoes, leftover seasoned green beans

Comment

• Mexican casserole! Kinda like mexican gunk...lol! Something ALL the kids eat

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                            Im afraid to ask...

I still have lots of ham left over. Im not feeling well today so am making split pea soup with lots of ham in it.
                            I hope it is not a stomach upset because split pea soup and ham even though I really like it would make me go if I was not feeling well.

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
                              ding-ding food
                              Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                              Im afraid to ask...

assorted oven-fried foods, mozz sticks, cream cheese jalapenos, from frozen egg rolls, pizza bites... stuff like that.

hope you feel better soon!

Comment

I hope it is not a stomach upset because split pea soup and ham even though I really like it would make me go if I was not feeling well.
                                Sinus infection. Stomach is fine. Soup was delicious
                                The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                                Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                                (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Working...
                                X