No announcement yet.

What's For Dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a pot of fresh Homemade Chicken Vegatable Soup. I should be ready in about 30 minutes.

And I made some Cole Slaw.
    Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Too Blessed to be depressed!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by candlelight View Post
      Ok Anddra, what in the world is skirly?
      Oatmeal - Skirlie Recipe
      Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Sausage stuffed mushrooms, and sliced tomatoes. Last minute change......stuffed crust pizza tonite and shrooms tomorrow.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Anddra View Post
          Oatmeal - Skirlie Recipe
          Skirlie Recipe
          - Skirlie is one of my favourite dishes, it's really a side dish or a stuffing - but I could eat tonnes of the stuff! It's great to use as chicken/turkey stuffing and tastes even yummier when it soaks up the bird's juices. Skirlie is also a great addition to mince and tatties or stovies. The name comes from the way it's cooked - skirled in the pan. The book Scots Cooking: The Best Traditional and Contemporary Scottish Recipes by Sue Lawrence compares the hissing noise in the frying pan as the skirl of the pipes. Sue suggests serving Skirlie with Champit Tatties.

Christopher Trotter calls skirlie a good gravy soaker upper in his National Trust for Scotland cook book The Scottish Kitchen.

Skirlie is also called Scottish stuffing. My mum makes the best skirlie around:

Okay, now what is tatties and stovies? Sorry I don't understand English, LOL!

Comment

• London broil, scalloped potatoes, and salad.

Comment

• Originally posted by candlelight View Post
              Skirlie Recipe
              - Skirlie is one of my favourite dishes, it's really a side dish or a stuffing - but I could eat tonnes of the stuff! It's great to use as chicken/turkey stuffing and tastes even yummier when it soaks up the bird's juices. Skirlie is also a great addition to mince and tatties or stovies. The name comes from the way it's cooked - skirled in the pan. The book Scots Cooking: The Best Traditional and Contemporary Scottish Recipes by Sue Lawrence compares the hissing noise in the frying pan as the skirl of the pipes. Sue suggests serving Skirlie with Champit Tatties.

Christopher Trotter calls skirlie a good gravy soaker upper in his National Trust for Scotland cook book The Scottish Kitchen.

Skirlie is also called Scottish stuffing. My mum makes the best skirlie around:

Okay, now what is tatties and stovies? Sorry I don't understand English, LOL!
              Tatties = Potatoes

Stovies Recipe

And before you ask, mince is ground steak
              Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Tatties = Potatoes

Stovies Recipe

LOL, thanks

Comment

Tatties = Potatoes

Stovies Recipe

Reminds of something we call hash. When we have leftover pot roast we heat oil in a pan and after we cut up the roast a bit throw it all in there with the tatties, carrots, onions, etc. and chop as we fry it a bit.

Comment

• pot roast with mashed potatoes and steamed brussle sprouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruth View Post
                      pot roast with mashed potatoes and steamed brussle sprouts.
                      Sounds good...

I love Brussels Sprouts.

Comment

Sounds good...

I love Brussels Sprouts.
                        So do I, Anddra, but we are in the minority. I love to roast them drizzled with olive oil!

Comment

• Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                          So do I, Anddra, but we are in the minority. I love to roast them drizzled with olive oil!
                          I'll have to suggest that to my DW. We usually have then lightly boiled.

Comment

I love Brussels Sprouts.
                            Same here.

I usually steam them until they arent quite done.
                            The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                            Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                            (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                              Same here.

I usually steam them until they arent quite done.

Comment

• You guys must try them roasted with olive oil! Hot oven!

Comment

Working...
                                X