Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enchilada Sauce & Taco Seasoning ( Homemade)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchilada Sauce & Taco Seasoning ( Homemade)

I, use both of these recipes often they taste just as good as what you can get at the store but for me it's a fracation of the price because most everything is already on hand.

Enchilaada Sauce ( From Southrn Living Cookbook 1981 p.194)

1/3 C. Oil
    1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
    3 T. All Purpose Flour
    2 T. Chili Powder
    1 1/2 C. Hot Water, Divided
    1/2 t. Salt

Combine oil, crushed garlic, and flour in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is lightly browned.
    Dissolve chili powder in 1/4 hot water; stir into flour mixture. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups hot water, stirring constantly. Stir in salt. Cook sauce over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 1 3/4 Cups

Taco Seasoning ( Great Recipes for Good Health Cookbook p. 30)
    1/3 C. Onion Flakes
    3 T. Ground Cumin
    1 1/2 t. Chili Powder
    1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
    1/2 t. Garlic Flakes

Place all ingredeints in a 1-pint jar, cover tightly, and shake well to mix.Use to season ground beef or beans, allowing 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mix and 1/2 cup of water for each pound of meat or beans. Store the mix in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Makes about 3/4 Cup
    Neither will their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth. Zephaniah 1:18

Is the T in the recipes for a tablespoon or teaspoon?

Comment

T = Tablespoon
      t = teaspoon
      C = Cup
      Neither will their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the Lord's wrath. In the fire of His jealousy the whole world will be consumed, for He will make a sudden end of all who live in the earth. Zephaniah 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by watching4him View Post
        T = Tablespoon
        t = teaspoon
        C = Cup
        Thanks.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you. I will definitely use the taco seasoning recipe often. I might try the enchilada sauce recipe, but my family prefers the green chile enchilda sauce, so I won't get to use it often. I like both the red and the green, myself. So thank you!

Comment

I make my own taco seasoning the same only with real garlic and onion which I cook up with the meat and then add the rest of the spices.

I might give the Enchilda Sauce a try. Thanks.

Comment

I can use the enchilada sauce recipe, thanks mucho.

Comment

Working...
              X