Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watcha makin for 4th of July?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Watcha makin for 4th of July?

    This is one of the things I am making.

    Macaroni Salad

    Ingredients
    8 oz. dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
    1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
    1 tsp. kosher salt
    1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1/3 cup plain yogurt or dairy sour cream
    5 oz. cubed cheddar cheese (1-1/4 cups)
    1 cup fresh spinach leaves
    1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon or 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled
    Directions
    1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Add green beans during last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.

    2. For dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil until thickened. Whisk in yogurt.

    3. Add cheese, spinach, tomato, onions, and tarragon to macaroni. Add dressing; toss. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.

  • #2
    Mr Mannn will be making his own fireworks..only one kind you light..but you run from both.

    BBQ ribs in the pressure cooker..mmmm
    cucumber salad
    macaroni salad
    Corn on the cob

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cherished View Post
      Mr Mannn will be making his own fireworks..only one kind you light..but you run from both.

      BBQ ribs in the pressure cooker..mmmm
      cucumber salad
      macaroni salad
      Corn on the cob
      Sounds Awesome!

      Comment


      • #4
        Traditional Hotdogs and Hamburgers.
        Potato salad
        Corn on the cobb
        Baked beans
        Chips
        Cold soda.

        capped of by fireworks. Usually in the street in front of the house.

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks like I will be traveling to Candlelight's house first for awesome macaroni salad, then to Cherished where we can celebrate her birthday instead of the 4th of July, then on to Sand Dollar's house to finish the pig-out and fireworks!

          Comment


          • #6
            not sure yet, i might throw some meat into the smoker...

            Comment


            • #7
              Probably a big mess in my kitchen.


              Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

              A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

              Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
              I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
                Probably a big mess in my kitchen.
                this is he most truthful response..I will be making that too, come to think of it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
                  Probably a big mess in my kitchen.
                  Me too, but I make the kids clean it up, LOL!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
                    Probably a big mess in my kitchen.

                    I make that every night Blech, I hate to cook!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am positivly the sloppiest cook I've ever seen. Doesn't matter whether it's flour, oil, eggs, any kind of liquid, I end up with it on my clothes, on the counters and on the floor. It's truly disgusting. That reminds me of another why is it. Gotta get over there and post it before it tumbles out of my ear.


                      Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

                      A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

                      Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
                      I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I will be housesitting, so I guess whatever I jolly well please!


                        I might run down the street to a local BBQ joint and get a sammach or a BBQ tater.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
                          I am positivly the sloppiest cook I've ever seen. Doesn't matter whether it's flour, oil, eggs, any kind of liquid, I end up with it on my clothes, on the counters and on the floor. It's truly disgusting. That reminds me of another why is it. Gotta get over there and post it before it tumbles out of my ear.
                          Yes, I think one of your children should treat you to a pretty apron!

                          I couldn't cook without one!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                            Looks like I will be traveling to Candlelight's house first for awesome macaroni salad, then to Cherished where we can celebrate her birthday instead of the 4th of July, then on to Sand Dollar's house to finish the pig-out and fireworks!
                            You crack me up His Bride, but you would be MORE then welcome.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by candlelight View Post
                              You crack me up His Bride, but you would be MORE then welcome.
                              I'll bring brats!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X