Announcement

Collapse

Time to Move to Rapture Forums

Brothers and Sisters,

Rapture Ready's Bulletin Board is no longer maintained. Members have been moving to Rapture Forum's Bulletin Board https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/ Apparently unrepairable bugs in our software after a needed upgrade led to the decision to close Rapture Ready and to encourage members to continue fellowship at Rapture Forums. You'll find an active and vibrant Bulletin Board at Rapture Forums. See you there!
See more
See less

Pi Cherry Pie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi Cherry Pie

Pi Cherry Pie ~ Have some pie on Pi Day
    2 cans red tart cherries, water pack, drain & reserve juice
    1 can cherry pie filling
    .14 liter dried cherries (about 9 T. or rounded 1/2 cup)
    (hey, that's 3.14 of cherries)

3/4 cup sugar
    3 T. cornstarch
    1/8 teasp. salt
    1/3 cup juice from drained tart cherries
    1 T. butter

1 large prepared, deep dish, double-crust pie pastry

Drain & reserve 1/3 cup juice from canned tart cherries. In a large bowl, dump in the drained cherries, cherry pie filling & the dried cherries. In a smaller separate bowl combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt. Stir in the juice, pour the sugar-juice into the bowl of combined cherries & stir. Spoon into prepared pie crust. Dot with 1 T. butter, cover with top pastry, make slits (pi symbol).
    Bake 375 for 55-65 minutes or until filling begins to bubble.
    Enjoy with vanilla ice cream.

I like the idea of including dried cherries.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
      I like the idea of including dried cherries.
      This would be a situation where the quote "more is better" should be used, just love me some cherry pie and this sounds crazy good! And 2 scoops please!
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Working...
      X