Is my smartphone slowly dying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my smartphone slowly dying?

I noticed lately that when i try to charge the battery up, it does really well for a while, then as it nears 100% it slows to a crawl. It was at a crawl a couple times right away - then I turned it off and back on to reboot it and it was fine goin up from 50+ percent to the early 90s and then it charged real slow again.

Is this a sign my battery is slowly dying? it is a few years old. Or is there something else that could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

It could be a battery starting to show its age. Is the battery replaceable? If so, you could plop a new one in there.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Could be the battery. I've found that getting a new charger can be helpful.

I often put my phone on 'power-save mode'. Otherwise the battery life gets zapped too quickly.

Comment

While in Anchorage this weekend, I noticed that an old phone I use as a tablet wasn't charging to 100%. I thought of this thread and figured my battery was aging out. When I got home and plugged it into a different charger, it charged right up to 100%, so you might try a different charger as Koalie suggests.
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Thanks, all, it seems to be working perfectly now as it had been; the power save mode is a good idea to help, though. Probably especially at night (when i have it on silence anyway).
          John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
          X