Announcement

Collapse

Time to Move to Rapture Forums

Brothers and Sisters,

Rapture Ready's Bulletin Board is no longer maintained. Members have been moving to Rapture Forum's Bulletin Board https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/ Apparently unrepairable bugs in our software after a needed upgrade led to the decision to close Rapture Ready and to encourage members to continue fellowship at Rapture Forums. You'll find an active and vibrant Bulletin Board at Rapture Forums. See you there!
See more
See less

Is my smartphone slowly dying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my smartphone slowly dying?

I noticed lately that when i try to charge the battery up, it does really well for a while, then as it nears 100% it slows to a crawl. It was at a crawl a couple times right away - then I turned it off and back on to reboot it and it was fine goin up from 50+ percent to the early 90s and then it charged real slow again.

Is this a sign my battery is slowly dying? it is a few years old. Or is there something else that could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

It could be a battery starting to show its age. Is the battery replaceable? If so, you could plop a new one in there.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Could be the battery. I've found that getting a new charger can be helpful.

I often put my phone on 'power-save mode'. Otherwise the battery life gets zapped too quickly.

Comment

While in Anchorage this weekend, I noticed that an old phone I use as a tablet wasn't charging to 100%. I thought of this thread and figured my battery was aging out. When I got home and plugged it into a different charger, it charged right up to 100%, so you might try a different charger as Koalie suggests.
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Thanks, all, it seems to be working perfectly now as it had been; the power save mode is a good idea to help, though. Probably especially at night (when i have it on silence anyway).
          John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
          X