Windows 10 Creator's Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Creator's Update

The spring Creator's update for Windows 10 is the most recent update of the operating system. Whenever there is a major update I download it and put it onto a DVD so that we don't have a dozen computers all trying to download a large sized update via our 1 megabit pipeline. These updates would otherwise shut us down.

Additionally I like having the most current OS on DVD in case a re-install in needed. I guess for those with faster internet connections it's not an issue... but since about 25% of folks in the USA still have mediocre access, it might be a good idea for those to download the ISO image for installation on a DVD.

Microsoft plans to roll out a major update twice a year. There will be a fall Creator's Update this year as well.

On all of our desktops and notebooks that are running Windows 10 the update installed without a hitch.

I still need to use "Classic Shell" to emulate the good old days of the Windows 7 interface. On occasions when I'm working on someone else's computer I find it difficult to work with the standard Windows 10 interface since I'm not accustomed to using it.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    The spring Creator's update for Windows 10 is the most recent update of the operating system. Whenever there is a major update I download it and put it onto a DVD so that we don't have a dozen computers all trying to download a large sized update via our 1 megabit pipeline. These updates would otherwise shut us down.

Additionally I like having the most current OS on DVD in case a re-install in needed. I guess for those with faster internet connections it's not an issue... but since about 25% of folks in the USA still have mediocre access, it might be a good idea for those to download the ISO image for installation on a DVD.

Microsoft plans to roll out a major update twice a year. There will be a fall Creator's Update this year as well.

On all of our desktops and notebooks that are running Windows 10 the update installed without a hitch.

I still need to use "Classic Shell" to emulate the good old days of the Windows 7 interface. On occasions when I'm working on someone else's computer I find it difficult to work with the standard Windows 10 interface since I'm not accustomed to using it.
    I guess I am still way behind on my terminology.
    Does "Creator's Update " refer to content creator, or the creator of the software, or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
      Does "Creator's Update " refer to content creator, or the creator of the software, or something else?
      No idea.

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
        No idea.
        I looked up, and found the basics of an answer on Wikipedia:
        From the Table of contents for the Wikipedia entry, it is apparent that "Creators Update" is simply a name. Sort of like the old "Update Release" they would do a year after some thing like Win2K was originally released. This seems to me like the releases of IBM's OS/2 which had names like "Merlin" and "Warp." (OK, I guess I gave away my age with those

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...ersion_history
        Contents [hide]
        1 Rings
        2 PC version history
        2.1 Version 1507
        2.2 Version 1511 (November Update)
        2.3 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
        2.4 Version 1703 (Creators Update)
        2.5 Fall Creators Update
        3 Mobile version history
        3.1 Version 1511 (November Update)
        3.2 Version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
        3.3 Version 1703 (Creators Update)
        3.4 Fall Creators Update
        4 See also
        5 References
        6 External links

Comment

I looked up, and found the basics of an answer on Wikipedia:
          From the Table of contents for the Wikipedia entry, it is apparent that "Creators Update" is simply a name. Sort of like the old "Update Release" they would do a year after some thing like Win2K was originally released. This seems to me like the releases of IBM's OS/2 which had names like "Merlin" and "Warp." (OK, I guess I gave away my age with those
          I had OS/2 on my desktop for 10 years. I really liked that OS.

3 trees

Comment

Working...
          X